• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

To add to the hay fever pain, it seems to be a good year for clegs 

Bastard things are everywhere, had several bites and the other halfs arm is well swollen after a bite. 

Stay safe out there DOSBODERS 

Edited by Malthus
Spelling

Partner has had a reddish purple swelling on one arm after being bitten or stung by something. It is huge.

Cue that scene from Carry on Camping: "Well, it wasn't you".

I got bitten by one a few months ago. They're attracted to long grass apparently so make sure to mow and strim often .. :Old:

Strangely didn't feel it biting me.

4 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I had to Google it. Some horrid pictures came up.

want really awful?

go to google, select image search, type 'bot fly'

its manky, seems to like squirrels, but really doesnt care, barbs itslef in as a maggot and to remove i think they cut off its airsupply with vaseline.

Just now, leonardratso said:

want really awful?

go to google, select image search, type 'bot fly'

its manky, seems to like squirrels, but really doesnt care, barbs itslef in as a maggot and to remove i think they cut off its airsupply with vaseline.

Google image search for "fer de lance bite" and thank your lucky stars all we have is horse flies... 

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

Google image search for "fer de lance bite" and thank your lucky stars all we have is horse flies... 

ferk thats some toxic venom and shit

Tsetse flys in Africa are similar, painful bite and can give you sleeping sickness, but they’re slow flyers and you can easily swat them.

The horseflies local to me can bite your arm clean off and then beat you with it. I’ve got a full bug suit (like a bee keeper) for when I’m out in the bush. Even then, the horse flies can bite you through the material.

2 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Tsetse flys in Africa are similar, painful bite and can give you sleeping sickness, but they’re slow flyers and you can easily swat them.

The horseflies local to me can bite your arm clean off and then beat you with it. I’ve got a full bug suit (like a bee keeper) for when I’m out in the bush. Even then, the horse flies can bite you through the material.

your horseflys are shit compared to ours, we have flying horses that can kick you to death even if your in a car.

Ps. they are all shire horses as well, big ones with massive testees and 8 foot schlongs.

9 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

your horseflys are shit compared to ours, we have flying horses that can kick you to death even if your in a car.

Ps. they are all shire horses as well, big ones with massive testees and 8 foot schlongs.

Is that you Mo’ ? How’s that nice young wife of yours?

9 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Is that you Mo’ ? How’s that nice young wife of yours?

turns out shes a young man, but at my age i cant complain, and nobodies perfect.

28 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Well, at least one Clegg pest was removed from a position of biting someone at the British General Election 2015.

xD 👍🏻

Definitely in my favourite top ten of election night seat losers! I’m thankful to have witnessed that one live. Great moment!