• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

World Cup 2018 - Knockout Stage

I know this is stating the obvious - but for this world cup I really think it rings true.

Any team in the quarter finals can win this thing. 

Its open to all. 

I thought all four teams that played yesterday, even Argentina, looked better than England. More creativity. Two really good matches, well played the refs, they let a load of fouls go in Portugal/Uruguay and it made for a much better spectacle. 

Damn it the bloody Frogs are looking pretty good to me, that injury to Cavani will favour them too. They will have to win it the hard way though, Uruguay in the quarter final, Brazil or Belgium in the semi, Spain in the final. 

15 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I thought all four teams that played yesterday, even Argentina, looked better than England. More creativity. Two really good matches, well played the refs, they let a load of fouls go in Portugal/Uruguay and it made for a much better spectacle. 

Damn it the bloody Frogs are looking pretty good to me, that injury to Cavani will favour them too. They will have to win it the hard way though, Uruguay in the quarter final, Brazil or Belgium in the semi, Spain in the final. 

England can win this but they are certainly not the best team. Doesn't matter though. 

Cavani injury is an interesting one. Could just be a wee twinge that is nothing and goes away. I've had numerous myself. Initally feels bad but then you realise  it's nothing.

I'm sure his team know. If he's limping about today he's fucked. If not he will be fine. We will know if he starts the next game. 

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

What odds can i get for Colombia to thrash England 3-0 ? 

www.ladbrokes.com

I am fairly certain both teams will score. :Old:

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Indeed France have some great players this time. I'd like to see them and Brazil in the final. 

Is that not possible then? I don't understand the grouping really. 

10 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Indeed France have some great players this time. I'd like to see them and Brazil in the final. 

Is that not possible then? I don't understand the grouping really. 

No.  I posted the two halves are in order so France to Japan top half.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No.  I posted the two halves are in order so France to Japan top half.

Spain are playing Russia today.

If they get past that hurdle they look seeded to go to the final.

Given the distance between venues I suppose teams have to know the draw up to the final after the group stage though personally I would like to see the opponents simply picked out of a hat as they are for the FA cup.

17 minutes ago, ccc said:

Russian anthem soon. Top notch. :Old:

I much prefer this version.

"Slight increased production of flat screen televisions

So we can enjoy Harry and Paul in the highest of definitions".

Superb.

20 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Croatia will win this tournament i think.

Best team so far but that doesn't mean much. I think I may go to Dubrovnik if they are in final would be class. 

35 minutes ago, ccc said:

Best team so far but that doesn't mean much. I think I may go to Dubrovnik if they are in final would be class. 

Dubrovnik is full of tourists. Plus it’s more expensive than London. Anywhere else in Croatia would be better.

2 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Dubrovnik is full of tourists. Plus it’s more expensive than London. Anywhere else in Croatia would be better.

Yep. But it's the only flight from Edinburgh. :D

Jeez have England got the easiest knock out draw in the World cup history. Ok they may fall at round of 16 as lowly seeded Colombia look about the best left in their half.