• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Game_of_Homes

State of London Debate - Sadiq Khan got heckled

A timely story:

His sister, the former EastEnders actress Brooke Kinsella, channelled her grief to campaign tirelessly against knife crime through the Ben Kinsella Trust.

Following a passionate campaign, in 2010 the minimum jail term for knife murders was raised from 15 to 25 years in some cases - five years below the 30-year term for gun murders.

But despite managing to help secure tougher sentences, Brooke feels the levels of knife crime have worsened since her brother's murder.

"I've done a lot of work and campaigning, and I was hoping to say 10 years on from Ben's death that things have changed and we're in a better place and that our streets are safe, and sadly I can't say that.

"Unfortunately, we're still hearing about it every day.

"It's heartbreaking."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44535127

Good on her for trying but the only solution is more police on the streets routinely stopping and searching.

Posted (edited)

Unless you live in the posher parts of London such as Richmond, not feeling safe is the norm as it has been from the time i first visited the place over 30 years ago, with one major reason being it attracts the 3rd world filth of planet earth.

Edited by Banned by HPC

16 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Unless you live in the posher parts of London such as Richmond, not feeling safe is the norm as it has been from the time i first visited the place over 30 years ago, with one major reason being it attracts the 3rd world filth of planet earth.

And if you don't feel safe, owing to the total absence of the police to protect you, then you will carry something to protect yourself which means that every incident escalates.

Part and parcel, eh bus driver's son?

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

And if you don't feel safe, owing to the total absence of the police to protect you, then you will carry something to protect yourself which means that every incident escalates.

Part and parcel, eh bus driver's son?

I doubt the vast majority people of law abiding folk who are feeling unsafe carry a weapon (i know carrying a weapon isnt law abiding). That'll be the predominantly 3rd world scum bags living a life where they have to look over their shoulder who go out tooled up.

6 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

I doubt the vast majority people of law abiding folk who are feeling unsafe carry a weapon (i know carrying a weapon isnt law abiding). That'll be the predominantly 3rd world scum bags living a life where they have to look over their shoulder who go out tooled up.

There was a lot of interest on here about an umbrella that doubled as a steel baton.  Tbh if I still lived in London I would probably have bought that.

I'm so glad this has happened. Of course the SJW douchebags will denounce the protesters as 'nazis / far-right / racists / *insert pejorative word here' and try to dehumanise such people to invalidate them as people, therefore their motives or opinions don't matter and we can do anything we like (... remarkably like ... fascists!!!

More of this will happen - use the same tactics the Left don't like.  Do this non-violent protesting. Say you're 'activists' and 'you need to hear this, you need to hear our voice, we are speaking for a generation' etc etc.

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

There was a lot of interest on here about an umbrella that doubled as a steel baton.  Tbh if I still lived in London I would probably have bought that.

Totally agree. A couple of hundred quid seems a good investment now!

... there are other things you can use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017VVPX5W

Probably quite useless, the blade is tiny and ineffective.  No good trying to buy a push-dagger as that will classified as a concealed weapon. Even UK-legal knives of less than 3in will land you in hot water - you can't argue carrying a knife for defence.  You have to have a 'legit' reason. A swiss army knife is fine - lots of tools on it, need to use for everyday use/work etc. 

Lock-blade knives are illegal now too, which sort of defeats the object.

Consider carrying something like a metal camping-style water container, I call them the 'WaterBottleOfPeace', it can be used as a distance weapon, a swinging, baton-type weapon

Interestingly I found this ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004QX0CZ0

I'm going to get this. It's not mace or bear spray, it's criminal idenitifying spray - you're identifying some crim who's tried to mug you ... what a pity it gets all in their face / eyes.  Seems like something that has been developed just for our market ...

I'm only surprised its not less safe. I've no criminal record, never been in a fight outside of the school playground so am as low risk as anyone. Regardless, if im driving there, having to deal with the inconsiderate nutters, on the tube being eyeballed by freaks from god knows where, or being elbowed out the way on a permanently busy street, i feel an urge to do something violent. I make sure I leave the place before night falls. 

And thats after a decent nights sleep. I'm a light sleeper, so actually sleeping in London would probably present a problem for me. I think i'd be over the edge within days. Imagine the film 'falling down' :Geek:

Maybe some people think thats 'vibrant'

I do note that most the people complaining about it look to have kids. Sensibly, most move out of London when family beckons. For all the talk of 'diverse' London, they only mean racial/religious diversity. London has been cleansed of a diversity of household types over the last 20 years, with it becoming more and more a city for people aged 20-35 and no-one else..perhaps not even 35s anymore...latest figures show a net loss of all over 30 age groups last year.  

2 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I'm only surprised its not less safe. I've no criminal record, never been in a fight outside of the school playground so am as low risk as anyone. Regardless, if im driving there, having to deal with the inconsiderate nutters, on the tube being eyeballed by freaks from god knows where, or being elbowed out the way on a permanently busy street, i feel an urge to do something violent. I make sure I leave the place before night falls. 

And thats after a decent nights sleep. I'm a light sleeper, so actually sleeping in London would probably present a problem for me. I think i'd be over the edge within days. Imagine the film 'falling down' :Geek:

Maybe some people think thats 'vibrant'

I do note that most the people complaining about it look to have kids. Sensibly, most move out of London when family beckons. For all the talk of 'diverse' London, they only mean racial/religious diversity. London has been cleansed of a diversity of household types over the last 20 years, with it becoming more and more a city for people aged 20-35 and no-one else..perhaps not even 35s anymore...latest figures show a net loss of all over 30 age groups last year.  

A film far ahead of it's time.  I love that film, it really captures the frustration ...

2 minutes ago, JFK said:

A film far ahead of it's time.  I love that film, it really captures the frustration ...

Like that song Sunday Bloody Sunday. Really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

A timely story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44535127

Good on her for trying but the only solution is more police on the streets routinely stopping and searching.

More stop and search may contain it better, but it won't solve it. The crisis is gang culture, and that is rooted in children on sink estates with absent fathers and no realistic chance of personal improvement in mainstream society.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

50 minutes ago, eight said:

Like that song Sunday Bloody Sunday. Really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday.

Well, if you're going to be a fussy eater....

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

More stop and search may contain it better, but it won't solve it. The crisis is gang culture, and that is rooted in children on sink estates with absent fathers and no realistic chance of personal improvement in mainstream society.

I think that to even try and "solve" it is the fundamentally wrong approach.  Everytime this is tried you have self-apponited "community leaders" asking for money for youth centes and sports centres, grants for gardening projects, community days etc etc.  All of which to my mind is rewarding people for behaving like scum.

You flood the streets with police, bring in harsh sentencing like "three strikes and you're out", no parole, no rehabilitation, and crush it by making the shelf life of an active knife carrying gang member measurable in months if not weeks.    No gang members no gang culture.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think that to even try and "solve" it is the fundamentally wrong approach.  Everytime this is tried you have self-apponited "community leaders" asking for money for youth centes and sports centres, grants for gardening projects, community days etc etc.  All of which to my mind is rewarding people for behaving like scum.

You flood the streets with police, bring in harsh sentencing like "three strikes and you're out", no parole, no rehabilitation, and crush it by making the shelf life of an active knife carrying gang member measurable in months if not weeks.    No gang members no gang culture.

No, the real way you do it is:

i) enforced chemical castration for gang members

ii) removal of any benefits for any females with children where the father is sentenced as a gang member (and removal of kids if female complains of not enough money)

Break the cycle of sex and power for gang members and very few will see it as attractive

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

You could incentivise families to stay together, rather than incentivise them to break apart. Genuine parental choice for schooling through voucher schemes would drive up school stangards and provide opportunity for anyone motivated enough. Persistent anti-social behaviour gets the whole family moved to "secure housing" estates with strictly enforced curfews, daily inspections, and required behaviour patterns before social housing support will be made available again.

You don't really need to do extra smiley do-gooder farting around, just properly focussed discipline. Basically change the incentives within the existing benefits system to reward better behaviours and actually punish shitty behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

You could incentivise families to stay together, rather than incentivise them to break apart. Genuine parental choice for schooling through voucher schemes would drive up school stangards and provide opportunity for anyone motivated enough. Persistent anti-social behaviour gets the whole family moved to "secure housing" estates with strictly enforced curfews, daily inspections, and required behaviour patterns before social housing support will be made available again.

You don't really need to do extra smiley do-gooder farting around, just properly focussed discipline. Basically change the incentives within the existing benefits system to reward better behaviours and actually punish shitty behaviour.

11 minutes ago, wherebee said:

No, the real way you do it is:

i) enforced chemical castration for gang members

ii) removal of any benefits for any females with children where the father is sentenced as a gang member (and removal of kids if female complains of not enough money)

Break the cycle of sex and power for gang members and very few will see it as attractive

I agree with both those kinds of "solve".  That isn't however what the government does.  They instead "solve" it by giving more money to the shoutiest.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

This was basically Guiliani's approach in New York, which more or less solved the problem. 

I recall some Beeboid (I think, or it was possibly a Guardianista) asking a DJ if he missed the 'good old days' of lawless New York when anyone could just set up their decks in a park and start rapping (or whatever it is they do). No, replied the DJ, because somebody always came along and stole your equipment. 

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

Deportations are the way to go. Not just the perpetrators but their whole families too. Nothing else will work. At some stage the authorities to establish control over a situation which they have lost it. A great part of this is to control the borders in the first instance. Once they have the borders secured they can then deal with the people who have infiltrated prior to the establishing of border control (likely 3-10 million people). Once these, largely low-income, high-cost individuals and their families have been repatriated the state will see great improvements. Namely the relative burden on public services compared to the tax base will be improved greatly. There will be fewer useless tax-credit-claiming, 5 kid-bearing, unemployable, criminal, anti-social degenerates which the state has to pay for yet receives little in return. In short the UKs balance of payments will be transformed once we rid ourselves of these alien and hostile 5th columnists.

Collective punishment is a feature of totalitarian regimes. Mao's China was a big fan of it. So were the nazis - "If the Résistance kill a German soldier, we will execute 10 people at random".

Rather than harsher sentences - maybe we should start by catching the criminals? As the Rotherham gang rape scandal showed, scums can get away with their crimes for decades. Let's start by catching the crims and throwing them in prison.

11 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Collective punishment is a feature of totalitarian regimes. Mao's China was a big fan of it. So were the nazis - "If the Résistance kill a German soldier, we will execute 10 people at random".

Rather than harsher sentences - maybe we should start by catching the criminals? As the Rotherham gang rape scandal showed, scums can get away with their crimes for decades. Let's start by catching the crims and throwing them in prison.

It wouldn’t be random though, it will be punishing the feckless parents who should be stopping their kids joining gangs