• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

It’s true, money really can’t buy taste

Posted (edited)

I like it, plus its michael flatley, come on, the man is legend (in his own mind).

Ironic the dailymail calling something else gaudy.

I do so  enjoy louis xv furniture and style, the more ornate, impractical and expensive the better. The pinnacle obviously is when its cheap chinese replica(hopefully made from cheap chipboard and/or msg) but antique prices.

Good luck to you mr flately sir, if i had the money i would gladly give it to you and then hand your house back to you, you are like a god.

(yeah, sure).

Edited by leonardratso

4 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

A good lot of the furnishings seem to be in the general style of the house period. May be repro.

As for the gaudy colours and gilding, it is arguably also fairly true to the period. The purple velvet, not so much. Perhaps a more authentic restoration would not use the bright colours that aniline dyes made possible.

I like the look of the unmolested exterior., but for interior decor I would prefer something subdued and functional.

Compared with the whale-foreskin padded furnishings of Russian Oligarch piles, Footballer's pads and Saudi London homes, it's not that bad.

More a case of being close to the gaudy tastes of the kitsch rich circa 1800.

And I doubt he spent $35m doing it up.

I was going to say similar. Minimalist doesn't suit a house like that.

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

cheap chinese replica(hopefully made from cheap chipboard and/or msg) but antique prices.

Wow, the Chinese are putting MSG into furniture now?

I'd have used MDF myself. For both furniture and Chow Mein.

I can't see what they're doing wrong. They've got the wide-angle lens. Filters on the photos. Brando on the wall.

Oh wait. Twigs. Where are the twigs in vases!?

No wonder he can't shift it.

Just now, Happy Renting said:

nope, monosodium glutamate is the superior substance, there is no need to use formaldehyde in MSG(as opposed to MDF) because bacteria/mould wont touch it, they know its shit and will kill them, so they stick to MDF and dog shit and the such like because its more natural.

Compared to Oligarch Liberace bling pads and Pikey palaces it's not actually that bad. I've seen much worse.

It's not my cup of tea but I wouldn't say it looks entirely out of place.

plus dont forget its michael flatley's old place, yes, michael fucking flatley, thats got to be worth £8m by itself.

His dna alone would pay you back 3 fold, thats assuming he's so superior he doesnt flush his own poop away after he's used the next of his 50 toilets. The place could be a gold mine i tell you, a fucking gold mine (of irish shit).

I was going to agree..  bit too much gold leaf for my taste,  but the reception rooms are quite well done if you like that sort of style (and expense).

Then I saw such things as the purple room, emerald bathroom and others.  Yeah,  bit too loud and in your face.

I think the reason he can't shift it has nothing to do with the decoration..  it has to do with the fact he bought it for 4 million,  spent 35 million on it and now it is worth 10 million.

He's asking 25 million or something stupid.

You lot are real working class scum, aren't you? 

That house has been done up in classic late Victorian style - even the thrown together look of some of the colonial artefacts.  It's bloody good in my view.

I'm serious, by the way.  the only room that clashes is the pool - should be white/black decor.

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

That house has been done up in classic late Victorian style - even the thrown together look of some of the colonial artefacts.  It's bloody good in my view.

I'm serious, by the way.  the only room that clashes is the pool - should be white/black decor.

Fuck, I’ll crawl back into my working class hovel and say no more on the matter. o.O

2 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Going by my last 2 weeks, probably.

Hey Chen. Weve run out of plaster.

Oh fuck it, put some MSG in instead.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Even Id be questioning my sexuality with a house like that.

6 minutes ago, wherebee said:

But what if late Victorian style is shit?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

There has to be a witty riposte to that.  I’ll leave it to @The XYY Man though. xDo.O

No.

Hes the only gay in the (pit) village.

Why do you think Peter Mandelson was the Hartlepool MP?

13 minutes ago, wherebee said:

That's as maybe..  but I would still maintain these are a bit loud and tasteless even if they are authentic classic styles from the era:

4DBD89CA00000578-5899865-image-a-76_1530

4DBD8BC900000578-5899865-image-a-37_1530

I think most of the rooms are rather nice (the purple one is a bit much). Compare  it to the cream and beige monstrosities that say footballers usually live in and it's quite a pleasant house. I like the exterior and the land!