• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

What are the UK's most pressing problems?

Recommended Posts

Had the ITV Corbyn in the background.

Ranting fucker.

banging on about scoial injustices and rich people. Asked if he was wealthy on his 70K MP slary + 50K bump up, he could nto say it, living in his £1M London home, with his £2M MP pension pot...

What do people think the UKs most pressing problems are?

Speaking a blue collary Labour type who voted remain, in no particular order:

- A good ~30% of working pop do not work. Which is bad. That they are paid above the average wage to not work is a fucking disgrace.

- UK tax base to way too narrow. There are way too few people supporting way too much public service.

- Public sector. These are a monolopy and behave like a monopoly.

- Finance sector is still too big. Finance looks more + more like Airline flag carriers - whatever money they make in the good times, they lose in the bad.

- Too centralised to London.

- Too many non-nationals drawing benefits. Non nationals should not receive any benefit.

- Too many OAP in hospital witn minor issue i.e. not needing an acute hospital. Going by anecotes they seem to ocupy 30-50% of beds. Thats is fucking nuts.

- Unfunded public sector pensions. Gidiot has slightly sorted these out but I doubt they can fixed without large defaults of one kind or another.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good list. To add:

massive trade deficit as we don't produce much

linked to this, because we don't produce much. Vocational expertise is quickly disappearing and we need to reverse this quickly before those who,really know how to make stuff shuffle off their mortal coil 

a massive lack of skills, for example, the news yesterday was saying that we are going to run out of nurses

making the individual, rather than the employer or society, responsible for upskilling and higher education 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add, that social injustice isn ot one- not in the way way Corbyn means it.

Corbyn is a big Chavista/Venezuela supporter. Bunch of left wing fascists. Just look at how the state is behaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but comrade steptoe is not the state.  The Labour Party are not in power and with May going after the working class vote, will never be.

30 years they have been forgotten but now, when they (us) have a vote, they are all making the right noises. Fuck em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epidemic of mental health problems and obesity 

The education system producing improved stats every year but the kids coming out of the system can't add , spell and don't have much common sense 

However in general we have one of the best standards of living in the world, are a generally equal and tolerant society with free healthcare and low crime, yet Marxists persist with the notion that a revolution is needed 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Epidemic of mental health problems and obesity 

The education system producing improved stats every year but the kids coming out of the system can't add , spell and don't have much common sense 

However in general we have one of the best standards of living in the world, are a generally equal and tolerant society with free healthcare and low crime, yet Marxists persist with the notion that a revolution is needed 

 

 

 

Oh Corbers was raging. I could here him breathing through his nose with barely surpressed rage.

Nuts. You need a calm, collective approach to the UK problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Oh Corbers was raging. I could here him breathing through his nose with barely surpressed rage.

Nuts. You need a calm, collective approach to the UK problems.

I'm waiting for him to completely lose his rag - it'll happen at some point during the next 5 weeks I'm sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spygirl said:

Oh Corbers was raging. I could here him breathing through his nose with barely surpressed rage.

Nuts. You need a calm, collective approach to the UK problems.

His various freedom fighting mates will give him a camouflaged shoulder to cry on come 9th of May 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hopeful said:

I'm waiting for him to completely lose his rag - it'll happen at some point during the next 5 weeks I'm sure

Well thats it. Hes asking for a TV interview but if he has one, hes going to lose it.

Despite the claims, no-one has really had a good go at him. The stategy at the mo just seems to be let him go on telly and say waht he likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There is a lack of bassoons!O.o

I've got two and a contra (poking out from under my desk) -- but there's no way I'm sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Housing and the shite quality thereof.

Increase in antisocial behaviour and general chaviness coupled with a serious lack of civic responsibility by a good chunk of the population. People expect their arses wiping for them but aren't prepared to even remotely consider working for the common good.

London - centric economy and lack of investment in other areas of the country.

Infrastructure starting to creak (in some areas it's begun screaming).

Towns, mainly in the North that have been allowed to become insular, aggressive outposts of rural Pakistan with consequent side-effects to match.

A general half-arsedness about everything from Brexit to building houses.

No decent industry to speak of. We're going to have to work out where the money is going to come from in, say, 2030. Running a country using casino economics through 'financial services' will never end well.

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Housing and the shite quality thereof.

Increase in antisocial behaviour and general chaviness coupled with a serious lack of civic responsibility by a good chunk of the population. People expect their arses wiping for them but aren't prepared to even remotely consider working for the common good.

London - centric economy and lack of investment in other areas of the country.

Infrastructure starting to creak (in some areas it's begun screaming).

Towns, mainly in the North that have been allowed to become insular, aggressive outposts of rural Pakistan with consequent side-effects to match.

A general half-arsedness about everything from Brexit to building houses.

No decent industry to speak of. We're going to have to work out where the money is going to come from in, say, 2030. Running a country using casino economics through 'financial services' will never end well.

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

 

 

This, it is unforgiveable what has been allowed. These towns are proper ghettos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most pressing problem?

Easy.

The fact that none of the (mostly excellent) problems mentioned already  in this thread can be addressed properly, because it all depends on the pyramid scheme of debt, property prices, GDP figures, the banks and the way political parties are funded. The can must and will be kicked down the road while this continues.

No-one is even mentioning it (afaik) but this underpins it all, nothing can be done unless a crash can be permitted.

So nearly all of Spy's (and others) perfectly logical ideas can't be addressed. While politics is not publicly funded, and the banks are not kept out of politics, it can't change. Fix it, and fix the beeb, the UK would be a democracy, though still not as good as CH, for that you need the popular referendum rule.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of these problems can be partly or fully fixed by reducing the numbers coming in to almost nothing and sending the existing ones back. 

Nhs funding crisis

Housing crisis

No go zones and high crime

Gender inequality

Destruction of communities

etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High house prices due to central banking and government policies.

Financialisation of labour costs due to the unlimited immigration and population growth benefitting big business and not the man on the street.

Shit weather. 

 

Edited by Green Devil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demographics, the break up of the nuclear family and traditional gender roles. A lot of this stuff like mass idleness, dysfunctional childhoods and the elderly not getting proper care would be sorted if we reverted to the old methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transition to a work-less society and finding meaningful ways to spend our time. 

Concentration of wealth and landownership in 0.1% and 0.01%.

Environmental degradation. 

Financialisation of housing. I'd consider a ban on loans for houses. I suspect the average house would sell for not much more than a family car in that case - and also wipe out almost all BTL.  Experiment with land wealth taxes. 

London centred nature of civic and economic infrastructure. 

Lack of shared goals as a society. What are for? Where do we want to go? The answer has to be better than simply consume lots of crap paid for by debt. 

Lack of self belief. We have it pretty decent compared to perhaps 70-80% of the world, and yet you'd never believe it listening to us moan. 

Edited by SCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many people.

Too many immigrants.

Too many successive governments who could have done something to help the cost of having a roof over your head get to reasonable levels - but did the complete opposite for personal greed.

Too many made up mental issues

Too many made up gender issues.

Too many people thinking the media and in particular the So-Called BBC are impartial.

Too many people walking down the street on their phones.

Too many people on FB and Twatter.

Too much power for financial services company.

Too many TV channels.

Too much shit cheap processed foods.

Too many fat people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ccc said:

Too many people.

Too many immigrants.

Too many successive governments who could have done something to help the cost of having a roof over your head get to reasonable levels - but did the complete opposite for personal greed.

Too many made up mental issues

Too many made up gender issues.

Too many people thinking the media and in particular the So-Called BBC are impartial.

Too many people walking down the street on their phones.

Too many people on FB and Twatter.

Too much power for financial services company.

Too many TV channels.

Too much shit cheap processed foods.

Too many fat people.

I think you would have liked the 1960s 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.