• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Soft lad

Rivers of babylon

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Surely Boney M are hideously black? Or doesn't it work both ways? Shouldn't the So-Called BBC remake the videos by inserting one white person and one asian?

I am not ashamed to say that I bought every single of Boney M.

I'm ashamed to say I had a Boney M poster on my wall in 1978.....I was 14 so there really wasn't much excuse except that it came free with one of those compilation albums that was heavily advertised on the television at the time. Substitute (Clout), Kiss you all over (Exile) Dreadlock Holiday (10ccc) as well as a couple of Boney M singles were some of the highlights or low lights.

Bloody hell it's this one, my memory was correct.........

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/midnight_hustle_f1/

Anybody else suckered into those K tel adverts of the 1970s as a kid?

Edited by crashmonitor

13 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

I'm ashamed to say I had a Boney M poster on my wall in 1978.....I was 14 so there really wasn't much excuse except that it came free with one of those compilation albums that was heavily advertised on the television at the time. Substitute (Clout), Kiss you all over (Exile) Dreadlock Holiday (10ccc) as well as a couple of Boney M singles were some of the highlights or low lights.

Bloody hell it's this one, my memory was correct.........

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/midnight_hustle_f1/

Anybody else suckered into those K tel adverts of the 1970s as a kid?

K-Tel and Ronco products at Christmas. Devices to remove fluff from jackets or dust from records.

16 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

K-Tel and Ronco products at Christmas. Devices to remove fluff from jackets or dust from records.

I'd forgotten about Ronco products to be honest like the 'Buttoneer'. How often do you lose a button anyway...well ccc reckons he does on another thread re. ill fitting clothes maybe one for his Christmas stocking.