Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

1.5m kids on Ritalin


spygirl

Recommended Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5903083/Dr-Max-Mind-Doctor-Rising-number-kids-diagnosed-ADHD-masks-flaws-schools-parents.html

'This is something the World Health Organisation acknowledges, advising that a diagnosis of ADHD can represent family dysfunction or inadequacies, rather than a problem with the individual child.'

Or, i nthe UK, a massive bennie top up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5903083/Dr-Max-Mind-Doctor-Rising-number-kids-diagnosed-ADHD-masks-flaws-schools-parents.html

'This is something the World Health Organisation acknowledges, advising that a diagnosis of ADHD can represent family dysfunction or inadequacies, rather than a problem with the individual child.'

Or, i nthe UK, a massive bennie top up.

This.

piss poor parenting again.  And not just the bennie classes, those middle class parents are as guilty in different ways. It would be interesting though to see the correlation between social class and adhd diagnosis 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

This.

piss poor parenting again.  And not just the bennie classes, those middle class parents are as guilty in different ways. It would be interesting though to see the correlation between social class and adhd diagnosis 

Social class ... bit 1950s.

Just need to know if parents are getting tax credits.

That cunt Brown incentived thick parents to dose their kids.

One, the kids gets fuck all education. The wrose thing that can happen to a kid is to e diagnosed as 'special' right to the back ofthe class, doing keep busy.

These kids  will leave educaution with nothing. Theyll be even less employable than their parents.

Two, the long term effect of ritalin is not known.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The equivalent drug in the US, adderall is abused on a massive scale too, though over there it is used as a performance enhancer by students at college. 10’s of millions, I think they suggest.

theres a really interesting documentary on Netflix about it. Can’t remember the name though. Must be my lack of attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5903083/Dr-Max-Mind-Doctor-Rising-number-kids-diagnosed-ADHD-masks-flaws-schools-parents.html

'This is something the World Health Organisation acknowledges, advising that a diagnosis of ADHD can represent family dysfunction or inadequacies, rather than a problem with the individual child.'

Or, i nthe UK, a massive bennie top up.

It says 1.5m prescriptions - you'd need to divide by something between six and 12 (GPs tend to prescribe either one or two months supply) to get the number of kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, One percent said:

This.

piss poor parenting again.  And not just the bennie classes, those middle class parents are as guilty in different ways. It would be interesting though to see the correlation between social class and adhd diagnosis 

ADHD diagnoses statistically cluster at the top and bottom of the income spectrum. The middle classes would appear to be the least guilty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, snagger said:

I wager the vast majority are boys, boy's can't be boys anymore.

Human behaviour is a really complex thing.  You might think that it would be a good thing to remove certain behaviours -- perhaps a little gene therapy to remove the bit associated with wanting to murder people, or give low-levels of drugs to everyone to cure low-level depression, or suggest a little chemical concoction that'll make everyone 10% more clever.  But you really don't know what the end result will actually be -- if you 'cure murder' perhaps everyone becomes so docile no-one will be able to lead effectively; maybe by curing low-level depression you actually increase the risk of proper full-on depression; making everyone 'clever' by IQ-test standards might make everyone a mong by not-being-a-dick standards. 

The thing is you just don't know what will happen.  So when you hear of medication of a vast number of children to remove a 'disruptive behaviour' you've got to wonder what the actual long term effects will be for society as well as the individuals concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

ADHD diagnoses statistically cluster at the top and bottom of the income spectrum. The middle classes would appear to be the least guilty.

Ah, my bad.  Based on my observations of the middle classes and their kids while on holiday. Piss poor parenting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Social class ... bit 1950s.

Just need to know if parents are getting tax credits.

That cunt Brown incentived thick parents to dose their kids.

One, the kids gets fuck all education. The wrose thing that can happen to a kid is to e diagnosed as 'special' right to the back ofthe class, doing keep busy.

These kids  will leave educaution with nothing. Theyll be even less employable than their parents.

Two, the long term effect of ritalin is not known.

 

I'm militant about not having my kids seen by doctors or whatever at school so there is no question of any kind of diagnosis or mis-diagnosis.

But something happened a few weeks ago that changed my mind. A friend of mines daughter of very average intelligence got a great job, her mum thinks it's because she has diagnosed dyslexia and it's a low risk way for her employer to fill their quota. Made me think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

ADHD diagnoses statistically cluster at the top and bottom of the income spectrum. The middle classes would appear to be the least guilty.

Benefits classes do it to get more money 

Rich types think Tarquin is broken if he can’t write a Mozart beating peice of music by age 2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I'm militant about not having my kids seen by doctors or whatever at school so there is no question of any kind of diagnosis or mis-diagnosis.

But something happened a few weeks ago that changed my mind. A friend of mines daughter of very average intelligence got a great job, her mum thinks it's because she has diagnosed dyslexia and it's a low risk way for her employer to fill their quota. Made me think.

Having a disability gets you a guaranteed interview for at least some public sector positions if you match all of the required skills (i.e. you don't need anything from the would be nice to have list).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched sa Jordan Peterson video a few weeks back where he talked about how ritalin targets the same part of the brain that is associated with anti-social behaviour in males. But that they know that allowing - encouraging - boys between 2 and 4 years of age to engage in rough & tumble play, then defining limits of behaviour for them negates that anti-social behaviour in later life.

In other words, all this politically correct anti-male stuff in our society now is damaging boys and ultimately men. The result is to treat boys with chemicals rather than letting boys be boys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I'm militant about not having my kids seen by doctors or whatever at school so there is no question of any kind of diagnosis or mis-diagnosis.

But something happened a few weeks ago that changed my mind. A friend of mines daughter of very average intelligence got a great job, her mum thinks it's because she has diagnosed dyslexia and it's a low risk way for her employer to fill their quota. Made me think.

 

In this part of the country you are given extra time and allowed to have a 'helper' when doing your O levels if dyslexic. I was shocked to hear of this when the son of a friend of mine was amazingly diagnosed as being dyslexic when he was about a year before his exams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

In this part of the country you are given extra time and allowed to have a 'helper' when doing your O levels if dyslexic. I was shocked to hear of this when the son of a friend of mine was amazingly diagnosed as being dyslexic when he was about a year before his exams.

You get extra time in uni exams too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Children should not be given fucking ritalin or adderall!

I have Aspergers as does my 10yo daughter.

She is not on meds, she is being taught to manage anxiety and mood with self discipline. She is going to a school that will help her regulate her emotions and help with things like executive dysfunction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

In this part of the country you are given extra time and allowed to have a 'helper' when doing your O levels if dyslexic. I was shocked to hear of this when the son of a friend of mine was amazingly diagnosed as being dyslexic when he was about a year before his exams.

I was diagnosed before secondary. It mostly affected my language and spelling skills, and as a result I was taken out of French by default and later Welsh by my own choosing. The school had a dedicated English teacher for dyslexic pupils who taught using different methods suited to dyslexics. 

I had extra time, iirc 20%, but found I never used it. Some with more severe problems had more time and other aids (a PC, with the spell checker disabled).

I'm glad the diagnosis was made, or I'd have probably ended up frustrated and consigned to the 'good with his hands' (a phrase used by my primary teacher) pool in the local comp system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be due to family dysfunction but then what causes so much family dysfunction. 

They never openly get to grips with that.  It seems to coincide with overpopulation and congestion which the VIs etc would just wave away with the term modern life.  TPTB are well aware of the consequences of congestion but blame the people.  There's also the chemicals in the environment of course. 

Then there's pharma and health sector profits so that sector isn't going to highlight much when there's a prescription and a pill claimed to remedy it all and in some cases rewards (benefits etc) for going along with a diagnosis.
 

Quote

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

The ethologist John B. Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink" to describe the collapse in behavior which resulted from overcrowding.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

I was diagnosed before secondary. It mostly affected my language and spelling skills, and as a result I was taken out of French by default and later Welsh by my own choosing. The school had a dedicated English teacher for dyslexic pupils who taught using different methods suited to dyslexics. 

I had extra time, iirc 20%, but found I never used it. Some with more severe problems had more time and other aids (a PC, with the spell checker disabled).

I'm glad the diagnosis was made, or I'd have probably ended up frustrated and consigned to the 'good with his hands' (a phrase used by my primary teacher) pool in the local comp system.

Aye a colleague of mine is dyslexic. He was diagnosed as a child, his parents fought very hard for him to be educated at a specialist dyslexia school.

Result-he's a very competent electronics engineer, not a drop out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JackieO said:

Aye a colleague of mine is dyslexic. He was diagnosed as a child, his parents fought very hard for him to be educated at a specialist dyslexia school.

Result-he's a very competent electronics engineer, not a drop out.

Dyslexics have a different skill set. My youngest is dyslexic enough that he is allowed a computer for his gcse's, yet got the highest score in the navy officer psychometric tests. 

They seem to be able to see problems in 3D. Which probably makes them very good engineers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...