• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

"Heat" robber escapes from French gaol

Posted (edited)

Rédoine Faïd, who has been described as France's most wanted man, has escaped from a prison near Paris on a hijacked helicopter. Faïd, who used Micheal Mann's Heat as a model for his heists, had previously escaped from Prison on another hijacked helicopter. He was being held in a small prison that was not secure against helicopter landings in the courtyard. The breakout happened on a day when "le plod" were busy with a memorial in Paris and enforcing the new 80km/h national speed limit. Le plod are baffled but prison staff had noted that the prison had been overflown by drones recently, they assume they were inspecting the security and landing zone.

Edited by Dave Bloke

9 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It's awesome that people like this actually exist. 

I doubt if it would be all that amusing or glamourous if, for example, you were unfortunate enough to be the one witness that could put him back in jail. Whoever decided to keep him in that particular prison needs to be investigated, it’s probably a fonctionnaire who has recently mysteriously gained a villa in Languedoc, and if this is discovered they’ll probably just get a reprimand and won’t even be sacked, French public sector make their UK equivalents look like hard working honest folk. 

Second time he's escaped by helicopter, he's rubbish at avoiding prison. He needs to improve his bribery and witness intimidation techniques. I've never been sent to prison.

7 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I doubt if it would be all that amusing or glamourous if, for example, you were unfortunate enough to be the one witness that could put him back in jail. Whoever decided to keep him in that particular prison needs to be investigated, it’s probably a fonctionnaire who has recently mysteriously gained a villa in Languedoc, and if this is discovered they’ll probably just get a reprimand and won’t even be sacked, French public sector make their UK equivalents look like hard working honest folk. 

No doubt. I just find it fascinating that there various strata of society that 99% (maybe more) of the population never encounter. The genuinely senior level criminal fraternity is one of them.

This guy has access not only to the hardware, but paid goons who actually bust people out of prison for a living. Who are these people? Where do they come from?

2 hours ago, JFK said:

I love that film.  one of the best shootout scenes

Agree. The sound effects are brilliant in that scene.

36 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Agree. The sound effects are brilliant in that scene.

Few people who have served in the armed forces comment that it's a very well drilled, quite authentic drill for movement, cover and support. 

12 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

I love the fact each clip of ammo lasts 10 times longer than would be the case in the real world.

Let's not ruin it with being realistic!

10 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

I love the fact each clip of ammo lasts 10 times longer than would be the case in the real world.

Of course. It's the rulebook of every film - burst firing 3-5 rounds they can keep going and going!

... now to enjoy this ... (and ignore the sheer hypocrisy of 'tough guy' De Niro who's made a living from being the tough guy using guns yet now he's got terminal TDS (Trump Delusion Syndrome)

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/06/11/robert-de-niros-trump-derangement-syndrome-explained/

47 minutes ago, JFK said:

Of course. It's the rulebook of every film - burst firing 3-5 rounds they can keep going and going!

... now to enjoy this ... (and ignore the sheer hypocrisy of 'tough guy' De Niro who's made a living from being the tough guy using guns yet now he's got terminal TDS (Trump Delusion Syndrome)

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/06/11/robert-de-niros-trump-derangement-syndrome-explained/

At least they do occasionally swap clips in this film which rarely happens in Hollywood shoot outs.

I believe the standard magazine for automatic rifles is 20-30 rounds.

Kilmer and De Niro obviously opted for the super sized versions .

These guys guns never jam either which apparently is a significant risk with the bigger magazines. 

Huge body count as always with  Michael Mann films.

40 round magazine by the looks of it, De Niro should have used his massive virtue signalling ego to knock all the police out as they are evil fascists supporting Trump etc etc

Great French security.

Presumably they ran up the white flag on the prison at once?

5 hours ago, JFK said:

I love that film.  one of the best shootout scenes

Get the Blu Ray 'Director's Definitive Edition' version. Restoration and extra shots added all supervised by Michael Mann himself.

One of my favourite films.