• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Is there anywhere worse than Yawk for pissed up visitors?

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/16325830.angry-residents-say-york-must-tackle-drunken-yobs-but-others-say-theres-no-problem/

It is really really really bad.

Throw in the races and its beyond fucking terrible.

Its never been this bad. Yawks was always a bit of beery but it tended to be later at night and not so many people.

Today you get people pissed and puking and flashing tits at 3pm.

Its got worse + worse over the last 15 years.

In the main, it seems to be people from greater Middlesborugh coming out for the day.

Incidentally - 70 thousand people at the races on Saturday, it was frigging heaving. How many were unruly? Even 700 people (which I doubt it's anything near that) is only 1%

12 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Incidentally - 70 thousand people at the races on Saturday, it was frigging heaving. How many were unruly? Even 700 people (which I doubt it's anything near that) is only 1%

Depends.

My exeperience is that a good 30% of race visitors are hammered.

So, about 20,000 really drunk people.

13 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

45 mins pump and dump, and fought off passers by, must have had 3 shreaded wheat.

"Sam Smith's beer: the drink of champions".

Chester can have the same problem on race days.

Dressed up, pissed up, fighting, scantily clad women, carrying their heels, around town. Blokes of all ages, in three piece suits, country folk, town lads, young farmers, old pikeys.

Racecourse stopped punters bringing in their carrier bags of cans, cheap cider bottles, and plonk.  Instead of paying £12 to enter the course, paying £5.80 for pints of Fosters, people line the walls overlooking the racing, and watch it on TV in two Spoons and all the other pubs.

Should never feel sorry for a bookie, but it's sad to see the line of on course bookmakers decimated from 100 down to 10.

When racecourse allowed people to bring in their own drinks, the shoppers in Chester were pretty isolated from shenanigans and horseplay.

Now it's quite rough on race days so shoppers stay away.

Maybe York is the same.

1 hour ago, LC1 said:

"Sam Smith's beer: the drink of champions".

Only thing on tap which is remotely drinkable is the old brewery bitter. Got some interesting bottles though.

2 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Hey, leave me out of it.  I was nowhere near York on Saturday  :PissedOff:

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

All right. What did she get up to this time?

Not flashing the norks again surely?

See my post!!!!  I deny all knowledge.  And no, I wasn't that drunk, nowhere near....  Pissed down the pier instead  :o

2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

45 mins pump and dump, and fought off passers by, must have had 3 shreaded wheat.

Pulling wimmin orace day .. more likely to have shredded meat.

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

Hey, leave me out of it.  I was nowhere near York on Saturday  :PissedOff:

See my post!!!!  I deny all knowledge.  And no, I wasn't that drunk, nowhere near....  Pissed down the pier instead  :o

Nowhere near the Sam Smiths pub by the river then? ;)

Not a patch on Blackpool, surely?

I went to York on a bank holiday once, Dear Jesus it was busy. Beautiful city but one to be done when the punters aren't about.

For my money the two cities I've found to be the most messy when booze is involved is London and Cardiff. Cardiff was absolute fucking carnage in all honesty I wouldn't rush back.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Nowhere near the Sam Smiths pub by the river then? ;)

Which river?  I deny all knowledge.  

I do pass the brewery on my way past York.