• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

UK University Bans Straight People from Housing

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I couldn't see it ever happening but I would just make something up.  Tony Cascarino qualified to play for the Republic of Ireland through his Irish granny.  The only problem being that he didn't have an Irish granny; he just said that he did and nobody ever checked.

xD The world of work is also full of people who claim expertise on their applications and no one seems to check until it all goes breasts vertical.  

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Similar to the men being trans woman and accusing straight men of discrimination for not wanting to go out with them.

It's the sort of thing that cannot be proven.  IIRC Larry Grayson was well aware that his career would be finished (this was the 70s) if he was found to be gay by the newspapers who kept trying to expose him so he did absolutely nothing gay (as in no clubs, no anything) so if he had been asked to "prove" that he was gay he would have been unable to do so.

Gyles Brandreth is great. "I was with my wife... I say wife, because most people would automatically assume that I don't have one.." while making quips about needing to spend more time on Gaydar (gay dating website from the 1990s). I have no idea what his sexuality is. I could go and try to find out, but why would I? I'm not planning to date him. I just find him very funny. In a good way.

What if someone in the building decides they're not going to be transsexual for a while? Must they leave?

It all sounds so ridiculous, because it is so ridiculous.

In other news, special homes for the mentally ill are now available at hospitals in many Towns. Special places for special people.

Posted (edited)

A few years ago some lezzers wanted me to shag their mate up an alleyway, does that count? And what is my letter?

Edited by Panther

18 minutes ago, DTMark said:

If ever you go into a gay pub, you tend to find that lesbians congregate together, and gay men in another area. They tend not to mix. Would be interesting.

There's a pub in Blackpool which is "L" shaped and what you see is all the men at one end, and all the women at the other.

Because they have everything and nothing in common. Like two of the same poles of a magnet.

I had quite a "diverse" group of friends at Uni. The gays and the lezzers were the ones that really struggled to get along. Pushed together in the past by genuine public hostility, naturally they really are quite opposite in just about every respect.

2 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

In other news, special homes for the mentally ill are now available at hospitals in many Towns. Special places for special people.

But they are not... it's now called care in the community...  My local mental health provision has just shut and is being turned into

*drumroll*

Housing 

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Thats it, its all about people wanting to be "special"

which is why it will kick off in there straight from the off. 

It sounds like a massive Big Brother house

9 minutes ago, Panther said:

A few years ago some lezzers wanted me to shag their mate up an alleyway, does that count? And what is my letter?

F.

Reading the reactions on Twitter now. And here.

Only about 2% of people are gay. This topic may have attracted more gay/lesbian/bi/transsexual people to comment. Just maybe. Let's suggest that 95% of those commenting are not in that group. And yet, unsurprisingly, everyone is making exactly the same points.

I'm not seeing any homophobia. Even after expanding the Twitter thread to see the bits Twitter thought I ought not to read.

It's not often that something annoys me enough to "write a letter" but that university might well be getting one from me.

35 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've read a couple of stories where gay men have been excluded from university LGBT meetings because they have too much privilege or however these fanciful things are expressed.

So you may find that you are being kicked out of the LGBT group anyway Mark.

Gay?! Yes, but you're white and male. Off you trot, quisling oppressor. Come back when you're a trans!

:)

(As a thought, what if I identified as a Jamaican Rastafarian? Would I be able to get free skin darkening and patois lessons on the NHS? Medical marijuana? Only a literal Hitler could object, surely?)

All getting very, very silly now.

The majority do not care and will accept these ways, however we are getting to the point where it is starting to get rather tedious and annoying.

I do not know what the government is playing at getting so right on with these matters (it's like a bidding war with the main parties - which one can be the most ridiculous). It is not helping.

Live and let live, but show a bit of class. A little discretion doesn't go amiss.

Posted (edited)

Theres a trans bloke down the road from me, been there years, he sits in his front garden (not the back) 

and has painted his house bright yellow and has "SecondSkin" across the back window of his car. 

Not sure what he is trying to say? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Theres a trans bloke down the road from me, been there years, he sits in his front garden (not the back) 

and has painted his house bright yellow and has "SecondSkin" across the back window his car. 

Good old YouTube..

and has painted his house bright yellow and has "SecondSkin" across the back window of his car. 

I use second skin when I get blisters on my feet; possibly he does a lot of walking and is a big fan of it?

900.jpg

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I use second skin when I get blisters on my feet; possibly he does a lot of walking and is a big fan of it?

900.jpg

Ah that'll be it, blisters from high heels xD

17 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Hope he's not a fan of Silence of the Lambs.

Posted (edited)

I suspect there are free busaries or tuition fee help available and better or free accomodation?

and if you rock up at the jobcentre for universal credit you can get left alone by saying you face discrimination in the jobs market? avoid interviews etc etc

Edited by WorkingPoor

25 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This is disturbing in so many ways that others have pointed out.

I will also add that so many uni's seem to have become islamified in recent years that I find it worrying that gay people are being singled out to be 'housed' in easily identifable blocks.

I liken it to the removal of advert posters on the London Underground of women in their knickers or bikinis supposedly for women's rights. I think it was the opposite and is actually the drip, drip, drip of telling women what they cannot wear. Ditto the story this week about schools banning girls from wearing skirts, yet again supposedly in the guise of protecting girls... but I fear it is more about a slow journey to eventually telling girls that must wear you know what on their heads.

So now we are seeing buildings set aside for gay people supposedly to protect and promote the rights of the gay people? I don't think so.

We have a good 10 - 15 years of Christians being vilified, targetted and punished for wearing crucifixes or refusing to sell cakes - so many elements of the UK establishment, media and public sector being complicit IMPO in this. It was seen as being trendy by the luvvies. But then Steptoe got elected and we saw the horrific rise in anti-semitism. Then Khan gets the London mayor's job and posters are being banned. Girls now being effectively told what they can wear and not wear. Now let's put the gay students in one easily identifiable location.

Hitler didn't come to power and set about building the gas chambers on day one. It was a long, slow deliberate process that began with identifying certain groups from the masses, singlying them out, then removing them from public offices, targetting their businesses and properties, physical attacks, murders, imprisonment, slavery and genocide.

Rant over.

Excellent post TMT.  Sadly I'm out of reps (again)

And not on my tablet so can't even do the thumbs up

30 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

So now we are seeing buildings set aside for gay people supposedly to protect and promote the rights of the gay people? I don't think so.

It's ghetto-fication, pure and simple. And yet they're supposed to lap it up, and probably will.

1 minute ago, eight said:

It's ghetto-fication, pure and simple. And yet they're supposed to lap it up, and probably will.

Sadly most students are too young and too inexperienced to see things for what they actually are or could become. That, as far as I can make out, most young people have not a clue about real fascism re the Nazis, and appear to think that we were / are the bad guys, then they can't put the pieces together.

Why are LGBT and all the other bloody letters even lumped together at all? 

Gay people just fancy other people of the same gender. Bi people fancy both. There's no confusion, and there really shouldn't be any problem, they have always existed and always will.

The others are fucked, physically in some cases, mentally in others, both in some. They don't know what they are and what they fancy fluctuates as well. There's a massive difference between fancying something different and not knowing what the fuck you are.