• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Fuck Off with your bogof

Does anyone see special offers at the shops and are put off buying the items? I needed some fish food, it was £5 a packet or three for two. So I either buy a single packet for £5 and feel I'm getting ripped off, or I buy three for £10 and realistically throw two packets out....

Its the same with stuff like yoghurt. I want a pack of yoghurt. I don't want two.... I've often stopped buying stuff becaue I can't be bothered with the "I only want one item but I don't want ripped off" mental gymnastics...

8 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Does anyone see special offers at the shops and are put off buying the items? I needed some fish food, it was £5 a packet or three for two. So I either buy a single packet for £5 and feel I'm getting ripped off, or I buy three for £10 and realistically throw two packets out....

Its the same with stuff like yoghurt. I want a pack of yoghurt. I don't want two.... I've often stopped buying stuff becaue I can't be bothered with the "I only want one item but I don't want ripped off" mental gymnastics...

On the flip side I noticed tesco are selling single burgers. As a fat bastard I try to moderate my eating and things like this are useful.

BOGOF versus BOQPOQ (buy one quarter, pay one quarter). Swings and roundabouts.

2 minutes ago, billfunk said:

On the flip side I noticed tesco are selling single burgers. As a fat bastard I try to moderate my eating and things like this are useful.

BOGOF versus BOQPOQ (buy one quarter, pay one quarter). Swings and roundabouts.

Don’t you have a freezer?  

13 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Shop in Lidl or Aldi. They don't do any of that nonsense. 

Because they don’t sell any brands.

just shop lift 10, then its worth it.

Bogof was blamed a while back for making people fat was it not. There again, things are so small these days that you are literally buying 1 for slightly more than it used to cost for 1 of normal size.

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Don’t you have a freezer?  

What, you mean you buy a pack of 4 burgers, eat one and freeze the rest, instead of just eating all four during the course of the afternoon? It takes all sorts I guess.

Can you see why my spirit animal is the hippo?

Billyippo

pygmi hippo.jpg

25 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

When I still lived at home with my mum she was terrible for bogofs. It didn't matter if it was something that no one wanted if it was a bogof she was buying it. It was nearly always yoghurts and corn on the cob. I'd always end up binning them.

4 minutes ago, billfunk said:

What, you mean you buy a pack of 4 burgers, eat one and freeze the rest, instead of just eating all four during the course of the afternoon? It takes all sorts I guess.

Can you see why my spirit animal is the hippo?

Billyippo

pygmi hippo.jpg

Aw, you are very cute :) 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Aw, you are very cute :) 

We are also the most dangerous animal in Africa so you have to watch us.

Evolved from Whales we actually run towards fire rather than away from it like so many lesser creatures. Lions? Pussies more like. A hippo takes a lion every day of the week. They can't even swim the fluffy bastards.

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

hehehe, i remember watching reginald perrin (the life and times was it?)

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

aha, yes, he faked his suicide and then came back as someone else did he not? 'I didnt get where i am today by <insert whatever the other person was doing>'.

This was probably the blue print that the canoe guy used to diddle his life insurance.

I wonder what hippo tastes like. Do you think it would fry forever in its own blubber? I shall away to a japanese forum to ask them.

Edited by leonardratso

1 minute ago, This Time said:

Where even does bogofs these days? I haven't seen it for years.

Tesco. I only go in there because it's a 24 hour jobby and I'm a misanthrope. Midnight shopping is so relaxing with all the many dickheads out of the way.

Waitrose rarely/don't do any of that kind of stuff either.

They're really stingy with the discounts though if things are going off today it'll only be reduced by 20% or something. 

10 hours ago, billfunk said:

Tesco. I only go in there because it's a 24 hour jobby and I'm a misanthrope. Midnight shopping is so relaxing with all the many dickheads out of the way.

Have your ever considered... online?