• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

University of Reading says

11 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

I am sure all the Ukrainian refugees will be delighted by this generous offer!

Aren't they all still a bit young for University?

11 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Back in the day Reading was a real third rank institution. Given that standard of argument and public communications it’s safe to say not much has changed.

I think you may find it has slipped somewhat. 

My guess is that universities such as this will not be around in a few years

35 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

...or did someone just decide to do it by themselves?

Presumably some student reps on the committee. There was a similar thing a few moths ago with some university announcing some banning or boycotting something or other, that got reversed a few days later.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

And impoverish our kids along the way.... who will be subbing this out of their fees....

Rest assured no staff pensions will be unduly affected.

you know, i dont really read many twitter roll outs, but i had a read of that one. Man its bloody annoying, its so ok, yar and so on, all the way down, had to abandon it after a few pages, just grated on my nerves. Its like a few people bigging each other up about how great they all are, gets on my wick. A proper clique of clarts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Panther said:

The great thing about twitter is seeing the mask of professionalism let slip by an organisation

Time and time again it can be a reassuring sanity check if you have a momentary doubt about your prior conculsion that's it's time to leave an employer, or you want a real insight into the unprofessionalism of a colleague.

Edited by Hopeful

3 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Back in the day Reading was a real third rank institution. Given that standard of argument and public communications it’s safe to say not much has changed.

Afraid so.

Regardless of whether the scholarships are a good idea or not..  that tweet is monumentally arrogant.

No public servant should treat the general public who pay their salary with that kind of contempt. 

48 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Regardless of whether the scholarships are a good idea or not..  that tweet is monumentally arrogant.

No public servant should treat the general public who pay their salary with that kind of contempt. 

they just did there.

54 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Universities don't get public money directly - they need to encourage students to borrow £50,000 and go to that Uni rather than another one...