• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Bizarrely cheap houses

The yellow one.

mansionJPG.jpg

Very nice area of Plymouth. 

Five storey Georgian mansion built 1830, Grade II listed - bad not insuperable - and sounds like it needs soem work:

“We are moving out of Lockyer Street and will take over an existing, modern building,” said chamber chairman Richard Stevens. “It’s been a good home but the state of the Lockyer Street building makes it very costly and its not a friendly layout for a business hub. The new building will serve our purposes.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/property/five-storey-mansion-plymouth-city-1742398

Guess the price (hint - see the thread title):

Spoiler

It has yet to market the property but expects it to sell for more than £300,000.

If it gets listed for that I might buy it for the hell of it.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The yellow one.

mansionJPG.jpg

Five storey Georgian mansion built 1830, Grade II listed - bad not insuperable - and sounds like it needs soem work:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/property/five-storey-mansion-plymouth-city-1742398

Hide contents

It has yet to market the property but expects it to sell for more than £300,000.

I prefer the other one you like but it’s a tad more expensive 

39 minutes ago, One percent said:

A time one

im not surprised they have to move and cant afford to stay, using a time machine to make bread in a knocking shop, they need to review their business, doesnt sound viable to me.

The building is reminds me of sherlock holmes' gaff, looks to be a steep hill, wonder if that basement floods much.

I prefer listed properties personally. Don't see why people get put off by them, it means the house hasn't been utterly ruined by adding ugly PVC windows or a flat roof extension.

13 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The yellow one.

mansionJPG.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Is there such a thing as a nice area of Plymouth! 

38 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I prefer listed properties personally. Don't see why people get put off by them, it means the house hasn't been utterly ruined by adding ugly PVC windows or a flat roof extension.

Yes. Flat rooves are the scourge of homes under the hammer.

I don't think it's that's cheap. Plymouth is cheap anyway and it's prolay only suitable as a hmo. I suspect most of the of the houses in the street are fetching 150-200.

2 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

xD Not when I knew it there wasn't! Even the supposedly posh areas were just burglar targets. And it's probably been significantly enriched since then.

Surrounded by beautiful countryside though.

1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Yes. Flat rooves are the scourge of homes under the hammer.

I don't think it's that's cheap. Plymouth is cheap anyway and it's prolay only suitable as a hmo. I suspect most of the of the houses in the street are fetching 150-200.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

xD Not when I knew it there wasn't! Even the supposedly posh areas were just burglar targets. And it's probably been significantly enriched since then.

Surrounded by beautiful countryside though.

There are several nice bits but the visitor won't see them; the area near the So-Called BBC studios is very nice as is much of Plymstock and areas of the waterfront.

I wouldn't live there myself as I don't like cities but there are plenty of decent locales as well as the sink estates and it really isn't enriched.