• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Premium bonds

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Another win. No idea what as number to log in with is locked in safe and am not waking husband up this early for a £25 win.

Well done. :)

ive got an app that checks mine as soon as the winners are announced. Much quicker than logging into an account. 

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well done. :)

ive got an app that checks mine as soon as the winners are announced. Much quicker than logging into an account. 

Oo which app? 
I had looked for an email yesterday morning but obviously was a bit early. 

9 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Oo which app? 
I had looked for an email yesterday morning but obviously was a bit early. 

Ns&i premium bond checker. I’ve got it on my iPad.  Put your holder number in once, it stores it and you can check by one click. Brilliant. 

Pit told me I had won 25 pounds this month :)

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Ns&i premium bond checker. I’ve got it on my iPad.  Put your holder number in once, it stores it and you can check by one click. Brilliant. 

Pit told me I had won 25 pounds this month :)

Thanks. Looking at app now. :)
He's still not awake. 

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Thanks. Looking at app now. :)
He's still not awake. 

Calling your other half an app isn’t very nice. Why are you looking at him though?  

Sorry, couldn’t resist :Jumping:

Posted (edited)

Don't they post the winners cheque anymore? You have to check and claim? It was nice to get the odd 50 and 100 cheque each month though the post box when I held PBS. Think my max win was 800. 

Edited by Green Devil

7 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Don't they post the winners cheque anymore? You have to check and claim? It was nice to get the odd 50 and 100 cheque each month though the post box when I held PBS. Think my max win was 800. 

No you don't have to log in and check. You get an email saying you've 'won' and its either used to purchase more bonds or paid in to your account if you chose or can't buy any more bonds.

35 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Can anybody beat my 15 year no win streak?

I do only hold £100 mind.

xD

My partner recently tried to open a PB account to find she already had one, her mum had opened it back in 2001ish and put £100 in. No wins!

I've not had a dud month yet, but its still a poor return compared to savings accounts pre 'GFC'.

Me mam is off-loading some of her cash in equal amounts between me and my skanky sister at the moment.

So far, the game is a £7000-£7000 draw that's gone into extra-time.

I'm hoping I win her Premium Bonds in the penalty shoot-out...!

;)

XYY

14 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Me mam is off-loading some of her cash in equal amounts between me and my skanky sister at the moment.

So far, the game is a £7000-£7000 draw that's gone into extra-time.

I'm hoping I win her Premium Bonds in the penalty shoot-out...!

;)

XYY

House back on then?

I was delighted to learn that I won nothing this month; it reminds me that it's not a proper investment.

I've got £7k in but used to hold the then max (£30k) which must be a while back as it's £50k now.  In all that time my biggest prize has been £50.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

House back on then?

I was delighted to learn that I won nothing this month; it reminds me that it's not a proper investment.

I've got £7k in but used to hold the then max (£30k) which must be a while back as it's £50k now.  In all that time my biggest prize has been £50.

Frank, investment is like engineering. It's better to be a lucky engineer than a good one.

I still get the grey Glasgow envelope every so often but never for more than £25 sadly.  It's more exciting than clicking a mouse but I suppose you wait a day or so longer to find out you've won:)

9 minutes ago, janch said:

I still get the grey Glasgow envelope every so often but never for more than £25 sadly.  It's more exciting than clicking a mouse but I suppose you wait a day or so longer to find out you've won:)

And the excitement because they send out the big prize notifications first; so the earlier you get it the more chance that it will be decent.

I didn't even want to set up an online account but I had no choice if I wanted to buy additional bonds (as I did); just buying them over the phone as I always had was chopped as an option.

I haven't set up email notification but I usually weaken and do the online check.

The picture on the checking page is classic: cucked soyboys doing that idiot open mouthed grimace:

prizechecker_primaryphoto.jpg