• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Premium bonds

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, stockton said:

Another month another big fat 0 for me!

Stuck another 1k in last month so holdings are now 1200

You've got little chance of winning on such a small holding. Look at what people with large holdings are getting. Fair enough if you want a lottery type win, but if after some interest perhaps worth looking at regular savers

https://www.bankaccountsavings.co.uk/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I use a regular savings account and put any extra I have in to PB's.

I like the idea of a lottery win and hope to build up to a large holding in here, its a bit of fun each month too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£25 for me, on £33K in the draw, must have slightly lowered my % per annum, but probably still beating my savings (not had time to calculate them yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stockton said:

Yeah I use a regular savings account and put any extra I have in to PB's.

I like the idea of a lottery win and hope to build up to a large holding in here, its a bit of fun each month too.

If you are under 40 I would get a lifetime ISA in a shot. 25% bung from the government. Major downside is you can only get at it to buy a house or at age 55. Depends how long term your investment goals are. For me, my first £4k goes straight there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billfunk said:

If you are under 40 I would get a lifetime ISA in a shot. 25% bung from the government. Major downside is you can only get at it to buy a house or at age 55. Depends how long term your investment goals are. For me, my first £4k goes straight there.

I'm afraid the LISA is currently 60 and SIPP has been increased to 57. But I'm with you, LISA makes a lot of sense. Either to use towards a house or tax-free at retirement to compliment a pension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, billfunk said:

If you are under 40 I would get a lifetime ISA in a shot. 25% bung from the government. Major downside is you can only get at it to buy a house or at age 55. Depends how long term your investment goals are. For me, my first £4k goes straight there.

Thanks, will have a look into this

:Beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I won 25 and Barlow Jnr won 25 on a combined 53K holding. 

Still waiting to hear the results from Mrs B - she is in Iran for two weeks sanctioning busting. 

Reminds me, did mrs Barlow get another job after her entanglement with the really shitty employer?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Reminds me, did mrs Barlow get another job after her entanglement with the really shitty employer?  

Yes - about 3 weeks later she got a job (60K ish) which complimented her 3 months tax free redundancy very well. 

Downside is its a bit longer commute but she prefers the job- more stable and better paid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kurt Barlow said:

Yes - about 3 weeks later she got a job (60K ish) which complimented her 3 months tax free redundancy very well. 

Downside is its a bit longer commute but she prefers the job- more stable and better paid 

Excellent. Good to know. 👍. I know you should never look back, but I do hope her shitty previous employer regret their move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

Excellent. Good to know. 👍. I know you should never look back, but I do hope her shitty previous employer regret their move. 

They lost their contract (contract manufacturers)  - they are all out on the arses in 3 months. 

Mrs B really was the winner in this case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2018 at 11:07, DoINeedOne said:

xD Email i just got from Premium Bonds Buy them, grand kids, some PB's

image.png.a5e4454f1ff04b5e1ab9880773f27f23.png

😀 can they do that without publishing the odds (or proof of the housing ladder...or without any sense of guilt)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.