• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Premium bonds

1 minute ago, stockton said:

Another month another big fat 0 for me!

Stuck another 1k in last month so holdings are now 1200

You've got little chance of winning on such a small holding. Look at what people with large holdings are getting. Fair enough if you want a lottery type win, but if after some interest perhaps worth looking at regular savers

https://www.bankaccountsavings.co.uk/

Yeah I use a regular savings account and put any extra I have in to PB's.

I like the idea of a lottery win and hope to build up to a large holding in here, its a bit of fun each month too.

£25 for me, on £33K in the draw, must have slightly lowered my % per annum, but probably still beating my savings (not had time to calculate them yet).

7 hours ago, stockton said:

Yeah I use a regular savings account and put any extra I have in to PB's.

I like the idea of a lottery win and hope to build up to a large holding in here, its a bit of fun each month too.

If you are under 40 I would get a lifetime ISA in a shot. 25% bung from the government. Major downside is you can only get at it to buy a house or at age 55. Depends how long term your investment goals are. For me, my first £4k goes straight there.

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

If you are under 40 I would get a lifetime ISA in a shot. 25% bung from the government. Major downside is you can only get at it to buy a house or at age 55. Depends how long term your investment goals are. For me, my first £4k goes straight there.

I'm afraid the LISA is currently 60 and SIPP has been increased to 57. But I'm with you, LISA makes a lot of sense. Either to use towards a house or tax-free at retirement to compliment a pension.

15 hours ago, billfunk said:

Thanks, will have a look into this

:Beer:

1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I won 25 and Barlow Jnr won 25 on a combined 53K holding. 

Still waiting to hear the results from Mrs B - she is in Iran for two weeks sanctioning busting. 

Reminds me, did mrs Barlow get another job after her entanglement with the really shitty employer?  

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Reminds me, did mrs Barlow get another job after her entanglement with the really shitty employer?  

Yes - about 3 weeks later she got a job (60K ish) which complimented her 3 months tax free redundancy very well. 

Downside is its a bit longer commute but she prefers the job- more stable and better paid 

Just now, Kurt Barlow said:

Yes - about 3 weeks later she got a job (60K ish) which complimented her 3 months tax free redundancy very well. 

Downside is its a bit longer commute but she prefers the job- more stable and better paid 

Excellent. Good to know. 👍. I know you should never look back, but I do hope her shitty previous employer regret their move. 

Just now, One percent said:

Excellent. Good to know. 👍. I know you should never look back, but I do hope her shitty previous employer regret their move. 

They lost their contract (contract manufacturers)  - they are all out on the arses in 3 months. 

Mrs B really was the winner in this case. 

On 08/11/2018 at 11:07, DoINeedOne said:

xD Email i just got from Premium Bonds Buy them, grand kids, some PB's

image.png.a5e4454f1ff04b5e1ab9880773f27f23.png

😀 can they do that without publishing the odds (or proof of the housing ladder...or without any sense of guilt)