• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Overrated Design Icons

London black cab.... I see them on the motorway struggling to get up to 60mph... Apart from the ability  carry a wheelchair it doesn't really have a lot to offer...

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

London black cab.... I see them on the motorway struggling to get up to 60mph... Apart from the ability  carry a wheelchair it doesn't really have a lot to offer...

They are good in built up areas as they have a very tight turning circle.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

He’s a brexiteer. Ergo, he’s cool. 

His hoovers are shit though. 

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

What you saying? You saying a £200 fan isn't worth it?

He’s only a brexiter because the eu made his hoovers even shitter.

4 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

He’s only a brexiter because the eu made his hoovers even shitter.

I’ll take whatever it takes. The bloke’s one of the few entrepreneurs currently in the U.K.  if he says out, I’m happy. 

30 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Anything by Phillipe Starck. His stuff is pure function following form - none of it works any better than the equivalent thing from poundland.

Jesus wept. I just had to look and see what you were referring to. What a load of pretentious crap. 

31 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Anything by Phillipe Starck. His stuff is pure function following form - none of it works any better than the equivalent thing from poundland.

His stuff looks good, but totally non functioning. His chairs are really uncomfortable and his corkscrews shredded the cork without opening it.

I think it was a PS designed bar in NYC that I was in that didn’t have urinals in the gents, just a glass wall that water flowed down as you walked towards it. The room was empty other than a large church font style wash basin in the middle. No taps - it squirted a fountain up as you put your hands over it.

Walked into the gents and found a guy pissing in the font - went bright red when he found out that was not where you should go.😂

3 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

His stuff looks good, but totally non functioning. His chairs are really uncomfortable and his corkscrews shredded the cork without opening it.

I think it was a PS designed bar in NYC that I was in that didn’t have urinals in the gents, just a glass wall that water flowed down as you walked towards it. The room was empty other than a large church font style wash basin in the middle. No taps - it squirted a fountain up as you put your hands over it.

Walked into the gents and found a guy pissing in the font - went bright red when he found out that was not where you should go.😂

R Mutt's urinal was better.

41 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’ll take whatever it takes. The bloke’s one of the few entrepreneurs currently in the U.K.  if he says out, I’m happy. 

Nonsense. Pick any technology startup.

Dyson is famous because the average thicko understands what a vacuum cleaner is and can relate to it, and Mr Dyson is a genius at promoting Mr Dyson. So when lazy journalists want to interview an 'inventor' he is the only name they think of.

3 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Nonsense. Pick any technology startup.

Dyson is famous because the average thicko understands what a vacuum cleaner is and can relate to it, and Mr Dyson is a genius at promoting Mr Dyson. So when lazy journalists want to interview an 'inventor' he is the only name they think of.

Fair enough but he is still anti EU 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

They are good in built up areas as they have a very tight turning circle.

I've driven black cabs.  The turning circle is a party trick, but there's much more against them.  The driving position is atrocious, the power pitiful and simple things like ventilation and entertainment practically non-existent.  Comfortable enough for the ones in the back, though.

But the simple 'pull up/down' windows are nice.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

I rode his version of a motorcycle.  It was a great example of getting pretty everything wrong.  I recall the riding position as being almost unbearable.

EM463782_highres.jpg

Edited by dgul

18 minutes ago, dgul said:

I've driven black cabs.  The turning circle is a party trick, but there's much more against them.  The driving position is atrocious, the power pitiful and simple things like ventilation and entertainment practically non-existent.  Comfortable enough for the ones in the back, though.

But the simple 'pull up/down' windows are nice.

I rode his version of a motorcycle.  It was a great example of getting pretty everything wrong.  I recall the riding position as being almost unbearable.

EM463782_highres.jpg

That bike was referred to as a teapot in the biking community. 

Posted (edited)

Any light fitting from IKEA

I have just moved house and the first thing I did in the new one was to get these pieces of shit ripped off the ceilng

Edited by Virgil Caine