• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

A fishy tale of toenails.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/woman-loses-toenails-fish-pedicure-095932012.html

Perhaps I an uncharitable, but my instinct says that anyone who is enough of a complete tool to have a fish pedicure deserves anything that happens as a consequence. It would be more amusing to replace the normal fish with starving piranhas, but this will do. 

They're just guessing.  The paper reads like 'A is something that happens.  Patient had A.  Patient also had a fish pedicure.  Fish pedicures are funny old things.  Therefore A was caused by the fish pedicure.'

It would be my guess that all sorts of stuff is missing from the story, any of which could be at least if not more likely to lead to A.

[that's not to say it isn't what caused it -- just that a causal chain absolutely has not been even hinted at in their paper, beyond the simple 'someone else had something else once'.]

I like this comment from Ian

Oh my cod!! I hake the idea of someone putting their feet into a tank of fish just for the halibut. I really cannot see the porpoise of it at all
is there a name for this sort of sprat that always has to turn everything into a joke ?  

Unable to attribute the woman’s symptoms to any injury or illness, doctors ruled fish pedicures to be the cause.

--

Also I'd recommend people are banned from swimming in the sea to stop this happening again!

il_fullxfull.1205904837_7plj.jpg&f=1