• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

How to deal with a carjacker rule #1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44727882

A mother in Texas shot a carjacker who was stealing her vehicle while her two young children were inside, police say.

The woman jumped back into her SUV after the suspect got into the driver's seat at a Dallas petrol station on Wednesday night, according to police. 

Police say she grabbed her gun and shot the carjacker in the face when he refused to stop, causing him to crash.

The woman's sons - aged two and four - were not hurt in the incident.

The alleged thief's condition is unknown, but the woman said she has a message for him.

"I wish I would've killed you, if I didn't already," she told CBS Dallas.

She had gone into the petrol station's convenience store when an employee alerted her that a man was entering her SUV.

---

Good on her and I am glad for her that it ended the way it did.

I will adopt the zen master martial art school of thought. (Que Bruce Lee voice) The best way to win in a fight, is using the art of not-fighting.

Where possible, lock your doors when you go to pay at the fuel station. And lock your doors when you are driving also.

Good for her. If that was London (setting aside the gun owning piece) she’d now be arrested pending investigation and her kids taken into care, but that’s another story.

I think it's a tad crazy to start a live fire gun battle with two little kids in the car. Sounds like it worked out for her kind of but could so easily have ended up as mum tragically shoots kids by accident.

Obviously you'd do it if you were desperate but why do they want to live in a place where an incident like this is so predictable that you plan for it in advance (by having your gun ready.) 

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I think it's a tad crazy to start a live fire gun battle with two little kids in the car. Sounds like it worked out for her kind of but could so easily have ended up as mum tragically shoots kids by accident.

Obviously you'd do it if you were desperate but why do they want to live in a place where an incident like this is so predictable that you plan for it in advance (by having your gun ready.) 

I am the sort of person who would prefer to be allowed to have a gun and not need it, I guess we differ on this situation. 

1 minute ago, Shaneyson said:

I am the sort of person who would prefer to be allowed to have a gun and not need it, I guess we differ on this situation. 

I quite like guns and had a great time recently in Poland shooting a long list of machine guns and stuff.  Pretty dire though if you actually really need one for daily life.

I was OK on the shooting range but I can't believe that I (the average person) could be trusted not to make things worse in a real pressure situation like a car jacking.