DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Feel Bad Music

Virgil Caine

Virgil Caine

Despite the hippy vibe of the music this song is about a post nuclear apocalypse world. I have posted both the CSN and Jefferson Airship versions as I can't decide which version I plan to play when the world ends and Jefferson Airplanes Paul Kanter co-wrote the song

Virgil Caine

This one depressed the shit of me when I was young and impressionable, particularly the children crying at the end. Having listened to it again I am off to top myself now

M S E Refugee

Anything by Ed Sheeran.

I find myself wishing I was both temporarily deaf and blind when he is on TV and the radio is instantly switched off in my Car as soon as his musical dirge is played.

Fair play to him though he has made a fortune due to the easily pleased tone deaf general public.

Virgil Caine

More misery from Atomic Rooster.

This one is about Banstead Mental hospital where composer Vincent Crane was sectioned for his manic depression. Terrible place that gives the lie that leafy Surrey is always the best place to live. No surprise that Crane committed suicide later

The sad thing is Crane could produce times of great melancholic beauty as his keyboard paying showed on this forgotten gem

Virgil Caine

And for full Dosbods Paranoia you can't beat this ditty from Eddie and the HotRods. By far my favourite of their output

On 08/07/2018 at 00:37, onlyme said:

Saw them in Bristol, about 15 years ago, as a support act - they were better than the band they were supporting (IIRC was Interpol)

On 08/07/2018 at 13:45, M S E Refugee said:

Anything by Ed Sheeran.

I find myself wishing I was both temporarily deaf and blind when he is on TV and the radio is instantly switched off in my Car as soon as his musical dirge is played.

Fair play to him though he has made a fortune due to the easily pleased tone deaf general public.

Never heard of him so had a quick listen on YT. Holy fuck he is dire. Comes across as a Tracy Chapman wannabe.

3 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Never heard of him so had a quick listen on YT. Holy fuck he is dire. Comes across as a Tracy Chapman wannabe.

There's a whole thread about the delightful Mr. Sheeran. You too can indulge in his classic, er, cutting-edge pieces.

For the overall sound and the miserable vocal.

Not for the music, which is highly uplifting, but the subject of and reason for the song. Actually the paradox of the highs of the music with the lows of the plaintive cries are quite tearful and upsetting.

On 07/07/2018 at 01:43, Panther said:

I find that song strangely uplifting for some reason although, agreed, the lyrics are miserable as fuck.

I was suddenly reminded of one of the most annoying songs ever made. Yes, even by my standards.

See how many seconds you can endure.

On 17/07/2018 at 14:12, DTMark said:

I was suddenly reminded of one of the most annoying songs ever made. Yes, even by my standards.

See how many seconds you can endure.

I made it to the end. O.o

They look like they had a lot of fun making that video. The actual music sounds like an extra-curricular school performance.

2 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

I made it to the end. O.o

You should win an award :)

With things like this I wonder if the studio engineers at the console are occasionally found hanging from a rope after the artists have finished recording their bits, on the basis that they simply cannot be a part of such crimes against humanity.

Archived