• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

Despite the hippy vibe of the music this song is about a post nuclear apocalypse world. I have posted both the CSN and Jefferson Airship versions as I can't decide which version I plan to play when the world ends and Jefferson Airplanes Paul Kanter co-wrote the song

Edited by Virgil Caine

Anything by Ed Sheeran.

I find myself wishing I was both temporarily deaf and blind when he is on TV and the radio is instantly switched off in my Car as soon as his musical dirge is played.

Fair play to him though he has made a fortune due to the easily pleased tone deaf general public.

Posted (edited)

More misery from Atomic Rooster.

This one is about Banstead Mental hospital where composer Vincent Crane was sectioned for his manic depression. Terrible place that gives the lie that leafy Surrey is always the best place to live. No surprise that Crane committed suicide later

The sad thing is Crane could produce times of great melancholic beauty as his keyboard paying showed on this forgotten gem

Edited by Virgil Caine

Posted (edited)
On 08/07/2018 at 00:37, onlyme said:

Saw them in Bristol, about 15 years ago, as a support act - they were better than the band they were supporting (IIRC was Interpol)

Edited by Dave Beans

On 08/07/2018 at 13:45, M S E Refugee said:

Anything by Ed Sheeran.

I find myself wishing I was both temporarily deaf and blind when he is on TV and the radio is instantly switched off in my Car as soon as his musical dirge is played.

Fair play to him though he has made a fortune due to the easily pleased tone deaf general public.

Never heard of him so had a quick listen on YT. Holy fuck he is dire. Comes across as a Tracy Chapman wannabe.

3 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Never heard of him so had a quick listen on YT. Holy fuck he is dire. Comes across as a Tracy Chapman wannabe.

There's a whole thread about the delightful Mr. Sheeran. You too can indulge in his classic, er, cutting-edge pieces.

For the overall sound and the miserable vocal.

Not for the music, which is highly uplifting, but the subject of and reason for the song. Actually the paradox of the highs of the music with the lows of the plaintive cries are quite tearful and upsetting.

Posted (edited)

Guaranteed to get me lashing a noose to the attic ceiling and start caning the vodka and Diazepam cocktails...

As does this completely talent-less twat...

And speaking of no discernible talent whatsoever - save that of making me want to chuck myself off a fucking viaduct - here's Phil Collins...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I was suddenly reminded of one of the most annoying songs ever made. Yes, even by my standards.

See how many seconds you can endure.