• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Alternative for Germany

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Prussia?

A very bad choice of word......

"Since Prussia ceased to exist, the term now refers to the cliché of a pompous (Protestantnorthern) German in general and a Berliner in particular. However, the citizens of the free Hanseatic cities and the former northern duchies of Oldenburg, Brunswick and Mecklenburg are also quite offended by the terms Piefke and Saupreiß (offensive for every German who is not native Bavarian). In 1990, Austrian playwright Felix Mitterer wrote and co-directed a TV mini-series, Die Piefke-Saga, about Germans on holiday in Tyrol. Sometimes the alteration "Piefkinese" is used. Some Austrians use the playful term "Piefkinesisch" (Pief-Chinese) to refer to German spoken in a distinctly northern German (not Austrian) accent".

And worth mentioning that they polled absolutely nowhere prior to this. To the people who say that the next election will always be the Tories vs Labour, note that yhe 5SM, that French wimps party and now the AfD have all risen from nothing in a matter of months in some cases. It'll happen here I'm sure of it. 

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

And worth mentioning that they polled absolutely nowhere prior to this. To the people who say that the next election will always be the Tories vs Labour, note that yhe 5SM, that French wimps party and now the AfD have all risen from nothing in a matter of months in some cases. It'll happen here I'm sure of it. 

Yep you can see it happening ,it`s like watching a car crash in slow motion every feker can see whats about to happen bar the driver 

3 hours ago, leonardratso said:

what actually is the alternative they offer?

Nationalism rather than globalism; somehting that catually works in the best interest of the German people rather than the EU and big business.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

We need PR for that I think. The most successful politician of the last twenty years (maybe with the exception of the psychopath, Bliar) has never even managed to win a constituency election, never mind a national one.

Too many rich folk with housing equity for the Tories to lose down South. Too many tribalist morons copying their Grandads for Labour to lose up North.

I would love to see it, but sadly all I can see is a more extreme example of the last election. UKIP might win 20% of the vote, but spread so evenly around that they end being second in 500 seats and first in only a handful. Worth another referendum right there!

Edited by billfunk

8 minutes ago, billfunk said:

We need PR for that I think. The most successful politician of the last twenty years (maybe with the exception of the psychopath, Bliar) has never even managed to win a constituency election, never mind a national one.

Too many rich folk with housing equity for the Tories to lose down South. Too many tribalist morons copying their Grandads for Labour to lose up North.

I would love to see it, but sadly all I can see is a more extreme example of the last election. UKIP might win 20% of the vote, but spread so evenly around that they end being second in 500 seats and first in only a handful. Worth another referendum right there!

Saggy Tits might by some miracle cling on for another 3 years, plenty of time for UKIP to settle their scores with other fringe parties like Anne Marie's and some traditional left-wing parties for northern appeal. Protectionism and nationalism combined like the FN would work well here I've always thought for many. 

A lot of them need to merge. Before that happens UKIP need to oust a few of their core people like the idiotic chairman and Hamilton. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Yes and no. I think when you get places like Canterbury shifting to labour, which was tory for nigh on a century, and even ex mining towns like Mansfield go Tory, there is perhaps an increasing tendency to 'try something different' The tories even get a Mayor in Middlesborough...who knows, it may even be just the student population that kept parts of the North East Labour...I note the northern/midland seats that swung

The problem is, that 'something different' is still tory or labour, so the same shit...just in different areas!

Given how the tories hold leadership elections, i believe with the parliamentary party having the deciding balance, you couldnt even get a Trump infiltrator type (to the extent that Trump is actually anti establishment...who knows) ...I guess you could get a labourite trump, but so many actual loons and head cases in that party now he'd probably get a hatchet to the back of the head (literally!) if he stepped out of line on the EU or migration. 

Only way I see things in the UK changing is if the rest of Europe starts choosing a more nationalistic route, limits the more harmful side effects on the low and middle classes re:globalization, gets islam either out or in line, and suddenly the UK begins to look like a very sick, 3rd worldified dump in comparison...that might finally wake people up. Though when you already see 30 something grads living in hackney above a kebab shop in stab alley, working some dead end barista type job...who knows....we British are just a very anti-revolutionary type who probably like taking it up the arse from the scrotes in government. 

Edited by PatronizingGit

33 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Saggy Tits might by some miracle cling on for another 3 years,  weeks plenty of time for UKIP to settle their scores with other fringe parties like Anne Marie's and some traditional left-wing parties for northern appeal. Protectionism and nationalism combined like the FN would work well here I've always thought for many. 

A lot of them need to merge. Before that happens UKIP need to oust a few of their core people like the idiotic chairman and Hamilton. 

FTFY   David Davis just resigned :D

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Nationalism rather than globalism; somehting that catually works in the best interest of the German people rather than the EU and big business.

well, i suggest they would be more successful if they change the 'for' to 'to'.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, billfunk said:

To be fair I see that attitude in many middle class 'educated' graduates in the south as well, especially the Mumsnet types. The Labour party is for them the equivalent of the Church of England about 80 years ago. It would never occur to them to question loyalty to it or to belong to any other party. 

Edited by Austin Allegro