• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

Israel arming its citizens - about time we did

‘You can’t fend off terrorists with pizza trays’: Israel reportedly plans relaxing gun laws

Published time: 9 Jul, 2018 14:22Edited time: 9 Jul, 2018 14:25
‘You can’t fend off terrorists with pizza trays’: Israel reportedly plans relaxing gun laws
An Israeli-made assault rifle displayed at a defense expo in Villepinte, France. June 11, 2018 © Gonzalo Fuentes / Reuters
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Israel is mulling relaxing gun rules that will allow up to 40,000 more people to get weapons, the local media reports. Gun-lobbying politicians hope the measure will help ordinary citizens to neutralize “terrorists.”

The Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan proposed to allow any Israeli citizen who passed rifle training in the IDF to apply for a gun license, Tel-Aviv-based daily Haartez reported on Sunday. According to the paper, the required level of training for the license will be equivalent to the one of an IDF combat infantry soldier.

If introduced, the measure will be a win for Israel’s gun lobby that had been fighting to lower the bar for gun ownership in order to help regular citizens defend themselves during terror attacks.

https://www.rt.com/news/432393-israel-laws-gun-ownership/

Let all net taxpayers with lifelong residency in the UK and no criminal record carry a gun.  It won't stop bombs but there will be no more London Bridge attacks.

If every European country chucks out every islamic nut-job we will still be allowing them in and swamping our laws, culture and worse. Our politicians and business people seem to be so in the hands of Arab oil money that I fear nothing will change short of some horrible, bloody civil war... and I am not sure that the right people would even win.

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

There would be Colombine and Las Vegas style shootings in the UK if weapons were widespread. Swings and roundabouts.

Weren't htose both down to automatic and semi-automatic weapons?

I see no case for those.  Single shot only.

They already have national service so I guess this is just an extension of that.

Seems a little odd though..  how do they know they aren't just arming would-be terrorists?  

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Weren't htose both down to automatic and semi-automatic weapons?

I see no case for those.  Single shot only.

Duelling pistol or bolt action?

30 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

When America has no more terrorist attacks then I'll support the right to bear arms. 

I want the right to own a gun.

I like guns.

I've fired some with real bullets in my lifetime, and I was an excellent shot with a rifle. Particularly from the prone position - which was fairly difficult since I usually had a bonk-on.

Yes indeed, I like guns.

A lot.

And there is your rock-solid case for your position on the matter Spunks.

You don't give loaded guns to whisky-guzzling, cynical old fuck-wits such as me and not expect them to go off sooner or later...?

And if you are soft enough to give me the right to bear arms - then I'll want a rocket-launcher and a fucking Panzer tank next....!!!

;)

XYY

10 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

This forum is a small virtual refuge from the gobshites, nutters, wankers and total bellends that makes up the majority of society.

We're here :D

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

There would be Colombine and Las Vegas style shootings in the UK if weapons were widespread. Swings and roundabouts.

A detail. Obviously easier to make multiple casualties with an automatic, but still, many many casualties could be caused with single-shot weapons, especially in the hands of an expert, thankfully most of these loonies are thick and/or can't shoot.  I'm happy there aren't more guns in the UK.

The Swiss are a lot cooler-blooded than the UK population, but even so, because there are many more weapons, there are many more gun-related deaths per head of population. It's my belief that the UK would be more like the US if guns were widespread.

4 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Would there? The UK, even before strict anti-gun laws came in 1968, didnt have much of a gun violence problem. The US always did to some extent. The US has always been a fairly violent society by first world standards.

I keep hearing this argument that the UK hasnt had any school shooting since 1997 because of the handgun bought in since then. And yet, it wasnt a UK wide ban. It didnt apply to northern Ireland, there have been no school shootings there, and gun violence has followed the same trend as the rest of the UK...actually England saw gun violence rise until the mid 2000s, whilst it fell in Ulster.

That said, nor do I much buy the 'well armed militia stuff' The Deep state in the US shows quite clearly having an armed population hasnt prevented massive corruption, or stopped the US from straying from their founding values.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I do sometimes wonder, if all these muslim groups seem to be able to smuggle in their cousins easily enough, its surely fair to assume over the years they've probably amassed quite a collection of weapons as well. 

Perhaps paranoia on my part, but given how they've managed to maintain a conspiracy of silence surrounding child grooming, which seems to be normality in significant sections of 'the community', perhaps they may all be armed to the teeth as well, lying in wait to strike. Look on facebook (before they made you log in to see the photos of people who arent on your friends list) and it seems almost a rite of passage for young muslim men who go back to Pakistan to play about with an Uncles AK47 out in the desert. 

Its quite mad. We have imported a hypermasculine culture while we try and convince our own boys to think they are women. 

and they have recently had large NGO vessels smuggling people from North Africa quite capable of carrying armaments (along with other contraband) at the same time and as far as I'm aware until fairly recently they were able to dock and offload their people cargo (and who knows what else) to move inland and around the eu mainland and probably elsewhere with little or no checks or restrictions even at the point of entry.

Edited by twocents

22 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Would there? The UK, even before strict anti-gun laws came in 1968, didnt have much of a gun violence problem. The US always did to some extent. The US has always been a fairly violent society by first world standards.

I keep hearing this argument that the UK hasnt had any school shooting since 1997 because of the handgun bought in since then. And yet, it wasnt a UK wide ban. It didnt apply to northern Ireland, there have been no school shootings there, and gun violence has followed the same trend as the rest of the UK...actually England saw gun violence rise until the mid 2000s, whilst it fell in Ulster.

That said, nor do I much buy the 'well armed militia stuff' The Deep state in the US shows quite clearly having an armed population hasnt prevented massive corruption, or stopped the US from straying from their founding values.

Uk pre 1968 was quite different to now IMO. The war generation were still in charge.  These days people would be shooting each other over the slightest thing, neighbour disputes, noisy parties, rejected lovers, disgruntled teens, you name it. 

11 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Let all net taxpayers with lifelong residency in the UK and no criminal record carry a gun.  It won't stop bombs but there will be no more London Bridge attacks.

A third of British men have a criminal record, so why should you be able to carry a gun and protect yourself but you think i shouldnt.

Hypocrite.

12 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

A third of British men have a criminal record, so why should you be able to carry a gun and protect yourself but you think i shouldnt.

Hypocrite.

Surely that's obvious: you don't go around arming criminals; especially if there is a lot of them.

5 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Uk pre 1968 was quite different to now IMO. The war generation were still in charge.  These days people would be shooting each other over the slightest thing, neighbour disputes, noisy parties, rejected lovers, disgruntled teens, you name it. 

Rubbish.

The odd loonie that gets covered in The Sun is not representative of wider society.

I don't think anyone is proposing to arm teenagers.  The point is that they be responsible so min 25 or 30.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Rubbish.

The odd loonie that gets covered in The Sun is not representative of wider society.

I don't think anyone is proposing to arm teenagers.  The point is that they be responsible so min 25 or 30.

I think perhaps you’ve led a sheltered existence or have such a strong degree of self control yourself that you think everyone else does. They don’t. Not even the Swiss do, and by comparison with the average Brit who’s had a drink, they have ice in their veins. More guns would mean more gun related deaths, the stats are unequivocal. 

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Surely that's obvious: you don't go around arming criminals; especially if there is a lot of them.

What if the crime is not violent. Or if it was decades ago.