• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Hold the front page!

They live in a different world.

It was the same with (I think Tim Farron) saying the additional tax was just the same as having three coffees a week.

No it feckin isn't. Three cups of Gold Blend cost about 20p.

Just because you like to spunk your money in Costa etc doesn't mean everyone else has that kind of cash to waste.

31 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-39896838/a-cheaper-tastier-way-to-eat-lunch-at-work

BBC reporter discovers its cheaper to make your own sandwiches and take them to work.

Fuck me. Those chi chi delis and and bistros in West London better watch out.

Is this how people who have to comepte and earn their money live?

Shocking!

Well, the appliances in that 'work kitchen' suggest the license fee revenue is too high.

But why stop at breakfast? At the last state-funded place I worked many people would turn up at 09.10 and make their breakfast in the canteen, before settling down to 60 mins work before coffeetime.

What a total twat. 'I will never forget the day tomatoes were on offer'

I also suspect he is Potuguese. In Portugal, there are only three types of sandwich. Ham, Cheese or 'Mista'.

And he thought he was so clever. Hate to see him tackle something difficult like finding out that you can lace up your own shoes.

11 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

What a total twat. 'I will never forget the day tomatoes were on offer'

I also suspect he is Potuguese. In Portugal, there are only three types of sandwich. Ham, Cheese or 'Mista'.

And he thought he was so clever. Hate to see him tackle something difficult like finding out that you can lace up your own shoes.

I think he is deliberately and patronisingly, taking the piss out of the viewers, which makes it even more egregious.

He could be taking the piss out of national Sandwich week, but I really think he is contemptuous of the license fee payers.

6 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I think he is deliberately and patronisingly, taking the piss out of the viewers, which makes it even more egregious.

He could be taking the piss out of national Sandwich week, but I really think he is contemptuous of the license fee payers.

Mmmm - yes, could be he forgot to wear his sarcasm badge that day.

So more fake news?

Edited by Cunning Plan

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Mmmm - yes, could be he forgot to wear his sarcasm badge that day.

So more fake news?

I think he is using the opportunity of 'real news' about National Sandwich Week to take the piss out of his audience whom he patronisingly speaks down towards and deems to have a low IQ.

Edited by Hopeful

32 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

They live in a different world.

It was the same with (I think Tim Farron) saying the additional tax was just the same as having three coffees a week.

No it feckin isn't. Three cups of Gold Blend cost about 20p.

Just because you like to spunk your money in Costa etc doesn't mean everyone else has that kind of cash to waste.

+1

A 'business reporter' for fuck sake, making a 2 minute video on how to make a sandwhich.

I've implemented a money saving tip over the past year which I reckon has saved me enough to pay for about 60 lunches that I take to work...

...I stopped paying my Licence Fee ;)

That video is totally unclear! Easier said than done.

I just tried the same thing and ended up cutting my hand (stitches) instead of the bread, mistook nappy cream for butter and the cottage cheese went everywhere!   Total disaster!

Not for me thanks.

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Think that's bad, what's that program that's been on the TV where Susannah Reid and some boy-chef go round to people's houses and 'advise' them how to save cash? 

It's the most balls-out patronising thing I've ever seen on the TV.

"Did you and your family of mongs know that you could save cash by *drumroll* freezing food?"

"Well gee Susannah, I had no idea."

"It's a veritable thing. And now here's a patronising fuckwit in chefs whites who's going to go through your bins and cook you a family meal for 27 pence because you are obviously incapable of holding your dick straight to piss let alone manage your own household"

"Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck, Miss Reid, what would us working class halfwits do without you?"

"I know, I'm fabulous. Next week on 'How Clean is your Anus', we'll be getting some average people to treat like total wankers before they bend and spread 'em for our studio proctologist who'll be checking to see if they are washing properly. Don't forget to tune in!"

xD That has to be Tweeted or put somewhere she'll see it.

2 minutes ago, Burned Out said:

That video is totally unclear! Easier said than done.

I just tried the same thing and ended up cutting my hand (stitches) instead of the bread, mistook nappy cream for butter and the cottage cheese went everywhere!   Total disaster!

Not for me thanks.

Help is at hand