DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Why HPC.com might not be for me anymore

grumpygit

Right, I am going to risk this post on here. I was invited by several people on HPC to try this forum, something must have resonated with what I was saying on there, controlled though of course because of the heavy censorship. I bet this is going to click with a lot of people, I am 100% certain that 100's have left HPC because of this view and even more banned. Several years ago or maybe a little longer I could have given you a rock solid argument on why the UK housing policies were a total farce and why the whole debt fed mess was going to end in a massive collapse. I still totally believe the UK property market is in crisis and is one massive big Ponzi scheme  that really should not be surviving and am amazed that people can cope with the debts and work needed to keep afloat in the worst possible housing.

But it did survive, and it continues to survive and you start to wonder, have I go=t this wrong what have I missed? 

The site HPC does not really work for me anymore, I am wanting a crash as much as the next HPC member, but other questions now need to be asked, what can we do, what could we have missed, but none of this is allowed on what is now a profit making website that does not give a s*** about the people using it, in fact it would pay them for the property crash never to come.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Who are you?

Not going to risk my HPC membership, but you know me :)

I am quite genuine, still totally 100% convinced the housing market is f****d, but the wait has really done my nut in.

TheCountOfNowhere

Risk your membership?

Mods haven't mentioned anything to me and I'm sure they are aware of this place. 

Plus, how can they ban people based on another website, someone could rip off your avatar/name and start slagging off ToS to get you banned?

Makes no sense.

This is here and there is there.

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Risk your membership?

Mods haven't mentioned anything to me and I'm sure they are aware of this place. 

Plus, how can they ban people based on another website, someone could rip off your avatar/name and start slagging off ToS to get you banned?

Makes no sense.

This is here and there is there.

Tell that to those of us that lost all rights after just a couple of posts on here. 

I am still in moderation 18 months later.

TheCountOfNowhere
2 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Tell that to those of us that lost all rights after just a couple of posts on here. 

Odd, considering you could been the victim of a BB style hoax.

Everyone needs to get out the pram, pick up their toys and throw them back in

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Odd, considering you could been the victim of a BB style hoax.

Everyone needs to get out the pram, pick up their toys and throw them back in

Sorry. What is a BB hoax?

12 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

All I am trying to say is that I am one of the true HPC members who hates the BTL industry, is highly critical of recent governments when it comes to housing, and I am convinced the money(debt) we have thrown at property will one day hurt us.

BUT!!

I have my concerns and worries and most importantly I now question if the property crash will take place any time soon, maybe even medium term I am just someone who is sick to the back teeth of waiting, it is damaging in so many ways. Now that is the kind of criticism HPC do not tolerate on their site, sorry but that is true, it is so easy to be banned. I hate 118, I hate property rampers, I hate the bragging and the unfairness of UK housing policies as much as you possible hate them, but I doubt the crash that is so desperately needed.

In the spirit of providing my story: 

...HPC hasn't been right for me for years, because despite being a long term poster with a high count I was put on moderation for no reason I could see and all attempts to discuss it with the moderators were ignored. Plus most of the good posters were either similarly ejected or left.

Everything dies. I've moved on. Why am I even bothering to post about a site I haven't posted on in years? I shall stop now.

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

In the spirit of providing my story: 

...HPC hasn't been right for me for years, because despite being a long term poster with a high count I was put on moderation for no reason I could see and all attempts to discuss it with the moderators were ignored. Plus most of the good posters were either similarly ejected or left.

Everything dies. I've moved on. Why am I even bothering to post about a site I haven't posted on in years? I shall stop now.

I have also find that there are also several posters I just do not like and who are aggressive, I hate the BTL industry along with many other aspects of UK housing policies, but I don't hate as much as some who go too far. For example I once started defending some homeowners who might get into trouble with their family homes, it was made clear to me that I was walking on dangerous ground and the good old troll accusation  came out, one guy in particular has taken it upon himself to act as a troll policeman, maybe he is sometimes right, but I think he is wrong most of the time with many posters.

Anyone who suggests section 24 has done fuck all so far in bringing house prices down is also deemed to be a btler who is a nonbeliever in a hpc. Ive not bought an over priced 3 bed semi when i could have afforded to and it is a regret.

I wish i had never read that site and just bit the bullet in 2013 as i was intending until. Gidiot came up with help to sell.

Too add hpc seems to be full of people who have bought, not many have skin in the game.

3 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Anyone who suggests section 24 has done fuck all so far in bringing house prices down is also deemed to be a btler who is a nonbeliever in a hpc. Ive not bought an over priced 3 bed semi when i could have afforded to and it is a regret.

I wish i had never read that site and just bit the bullet in 2013 as i was intending until. Gidiot came up with help to sell.

Too add hpc seems to be full of people who have bought, not many have skin in the game.

I've bought, back in the mid 90s. Since then if the market had been functional, I'd have probably traded up a couple of times, but haven't and now it's too late. Kids are grown and I'm going to retire. My skin in the game now is my kids.

5 hours ago, grumpygit said:

there are also several posters I just do not like and who are aggressive

I agree.  HPC is not what it was and the additional adverts are extremely annoying..........makes you think their primary objective is now making money.  I still pop over for an occasional look.......it used to be my favourite website and was very informative but not any more.

4 hours ago, Banned by HPC said:

There are days when I feel same way, but things can change fast. Something again could happen in the next year that could make you feel that you did make the right choice in 2013. The way I see it things have got worse since 2013 and made my life harder, but one event and that changes for my benefit, if this goes on another decade though then I will regret my choices.

5 minutes ago, janch said:

I agree.  HPC is not what it was and the additional adverts are extremely annoying..........makes you think their primary objective is now making money.  I still pop over for an occasional look.......it used to be my favourite website and was very informative but not any more.

I get a 403 Forbidden error message when I try to look at it.......

2 minutes ago, janch said:

The one thing they have allowed me to get away over the years is when I pour a little cold water over whatever new event is just about to cause the property crash, but I have to be careful and took some stick in the process, but I have been 100% right and they wrong. There are probably right now at least a dozen "sure fire things" that are about to crash the market, some are based on sound logic and analysis, yet I still question them and still get some stick or maybe it is just annoyance with the frustration of waiting, I know that feeling.

2 minutes ago, grumpygit said:

The one thing they have allowed me to get away over the years is when I pour a little cold water over whatever new event is just about to cause the property crash, but I have to be careful and took some stick in the process, but I have been 100% right and they wrong. There are probably right now at least a dozen "sure fire things" that are about to crash the market, some are based on sound logic and analysis, yet I still question them and still get some stick or maybe it is just annoyance with the frustration of waiting, I know that feeling.

Things have definitely turned in the SE though.  It's not exactly a crash but my hunch is the autumn may see it gain momentum as that's when things usually happen.  Everyone treads water over the summer.  Let's see what happens in October  (the stockmarket too).  To amuse myself I go to several places in the SE I monitor and count the number of reduced properties on RM. There seem to be distinct "legs down" some weeks and then a bit of a plateau.  It happens at different times at different places eg this week in Petersfield it was approx 50% reduced. 

There are signs of typical BTL properties coming down too eg typical 2-bed terrace newish builds are now £265K in several places in SE and a few months back they were £300K or more.  That is still outrageous but a step in the right direction.   These are asking prices and if there's a BTLer whose done his sums and is desperate to sell well..................

I like Durhamborns analysis in which everything is about to turn south:)  (see the deflation thread)

12 minutes ago, janch said:

Things have definitely turned in the SE though.  It's not exactly a crash but my hunch is the autumn may see it gain momentum as that's when things usually happen.  Everyone treads water over the summer.  Let's see what happens in October  (the stockmarket too).  To amuse myself I go to several places in the SE I monitor and count the number of reduced properties on RM. There seem to be distinct "legs down" some weeks and then a bit of a plateau.  It happens at different times at different places eg this week in Petersfield it was approx 50% reduced. 

There are signs of typical BTL properties coming down too eg typical 2-bed terrace newish builds are now £265K in several places in SE and a few months back they were £300K or more.  That is still outrageous but a step in the right direction.   These are asking prices and if there's a BTLer whose done his sums and is desperate to sell well..................

I like Durhamborns analysis in which everything is about to turn south:)  (see the deflation thread)

Cannot really say one thing or the other about the SE, moved out ages ago, but you look at the numbers there and it just had to be the first to crumble, if that's what it is doing. I could get a sheet of paper out and do the maths for an hour and you would not be able to come to any other conclusion other than the property market is 100% going to collapse, yet I no longer 100% believe it. But I am sure that's just the long wait and insecurity kicking in, maybe

35 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I get a 403 Forbidden error message when I try to look at it.......

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I just got the same and I only posted my little criticism here a few minutes ago...................

Just now, janch said:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I just got the same and I only posted my little criticism here a few minutes ago...................

Just means the site is down, don't take it personally :)

On 10/07/2018 at 12:14, Banned by HPC said:

Werent you one of the homeowners on that site thus with no skin in the game.

What does that even mean?

24 minutes ago, janch said:

It's probably just the site down again and everyone is getting it.

Archived