DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Why HPC.com might not be for me anymore

grumpygit

14 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Figure it out.

No, I won't bother, I am grown man and will talk like a grown man.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, grumpygit said:

No, I won't bother, I am grown man and will talk like a grown man.

Its a well used phrase in the English speaking world, but despite being a grown man you've clearly  not been around long enough to hear it.

Usually think CONW talks crap when calling out BTLers and such like bu he clearly had your card marked correctly.

1 minute ago, Banned by HPC said:

Its a well used phrase in the English speaking world, but despite being a grown man you've clearly  not been around long enough to hear it.

Usually think CONW talks crap when calling out BTLers and such like bu he clearly had your card marked correctly.

Bit harsh, this is not TOS, we're more tolerant here 😂

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

You mean with lesbians and puffs and that sort of stuff? 😂

sancho panza
7 hours ago, grumpygit said:

The one thing they have allowed me to get away over the years is when I pour a little cold water over whatever new event is just about to cause the property crash, but I have to be careful and took some stick in the process, but I have been 100% right and they wrong. There are probably right now at least a dozen "sure fire things" that are about to crash the market, some are based on sound logic and analysis, yet I still question them and still get some stick or maybe it is just annoyance with the frustration of waiting, I know that feeling.

I don't know why some people get upset when the price action contradicts our narrative.I've been a HPCer/whatever for 16 years(I thought housing was out of kilter with average salary back in 2002) but if the ;rice action is up....then it's up.

6 hours ago, Option5 said:

Just means the site is down, don't take it personally :)

Thanks,I was feeling offended.Been a god few hours too.

4 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Quite.

17 hours ago, Option5 said:

Just means the site is down, don't take it personally :)

But why is it down? They had a recent admin thread asking people to moderate their content, presumably in the light of external censors getting interested in it.

And then they're down.

I do have my suspicions that da government does not want such open and frank discussions about the elephant in the room just as it's tummy is starting to rumble....

One percent
41 minutes ago, Si1 said:

But why is it down? They had a recent admin thread asking people to moderate their content, presumably in the light of external censors getting interested in it.

And then they're down.

I do have my suspicions that da government does not want such open and frank discussions about the elephant in the room just as it's tummy is starting to rumble....

Open and frank discussion on tos?  Yeah right. 😂

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ha! Fair observation. You're right, it is too heavily moderated for that.

56 minutes ago, Si1 said:

And then they're down.

Interesting.

It is only too easy to find a crime on someone or something you want too shut up and then get the world to focus on that and not your message. I would have laughed at all these conspiracy theories a decade ago, now I have no doubts that there are dark forces at work, is the site still down?

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

What is Tos?

One percent
5 minutes ago, grumpygit said:

Interesting.

It is only too easy to find a crime on someone or something you want too shut up and then get the world to focus on that and not your message. I would have laughed at all these conspiracy theories a decade ago, now I have no doubts that there are dark forces at work, is the site still down?

What is Tos?

T’other site. :)

10 minutes ago, grumpygit said:

Agreed.

Tbh I suspect tptb simply don't want to provoke house price crash panic feedback and will fiddle round the edges like this to reduce the communication channels through which it might propogate. Considering the size of the bubble this was always likely in the end. 

1 minute ago, Si1 said:

Agreed.

Tbh I suspect tptb simply don't want to provoke house price crash panic feedback and will fiddle round the edges like this to reduce the communication channels through which it might propogate. Considering the size of the bubble this was always likely in the end. 

I doubt 99.9% of the population are ven aware HPc exists .. or existed as it looks as if they may have taken it down 

Just now, Banned by HPC said:

I doubt 99.9% of the population are ven aware HPc exists .. or existed as it looks as if they may have taken it down 

I believe that among internet discussion aficionados, hpc is considered an alt-finance site. I'm sure it's known.

1 minute ago, Si1 said:

I believe that among internet discussion aficionados, hpc is considered an alt-finance site. I'm sure it's known.

A website where people have financially got it so wrong they're regarded a lunatics shouting at the moon (myself included).

I doubt the govt cares less about it.

4 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

If it's gone for good you will have to change your username as you can't be banned from a  non existent site :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

If it's gone for good you will have to change your username as you can't be banned from a  non existent site :ph34r:

I got banned from a Wetherspoons 3 years ago for picking up my own bottle of beer in what the manager said looked like a suspicious kind of way. "Banned form Wetherspoons" has a ring of class to it.

18 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

I got banned from a Wetherspoons 3 years ago for picking up my own bottle of beer in what the manager said looked like a suspicious kind of way. "Banned form Wetherspoons" has a ring of class to it.

Was it "look no hands" ?

29 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

A website where people have financially got it so wrong they're regarded a lunatics shouting at the moon (myself included).

I doubt the govt cares less about it.

Fair point. To counter that, then closing tos could be like swatting a fly. More plausible that fubra simply didn't find it profitable any more tbh.

37 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Agreed.

It's a shame, apart from just a handful of idiots the website with a little filtering is a great insight to what is really happening in the real UK housing market. I don't think there is going to be a property crash in the UK for the next couple of years, though I don't rule it out, but the site has given me good ideas as to my next step, and that is not handing over £1000's of to landlords.

2 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Fair point. To counter that, then closing tos could be like swatting a fly. More plausible that fubra simply didn't find it profitable any more tbh.

Be honest i wish it never existed, maybe i'd have gone out and bought a vastly over priced slavebox in 2005 or 2013, maybe it influenced me enough to hang fire and wait for prices to drop .... and sadly they never did. (except small drop before QE and ZIRP kicked in.

In 1999 myself and my then boss talked about prices being overpriced as theyd gone up 20-30% in the previous few years, clearly predicting house prices is something i am dreadful at and HPC was merely a forum where similar folk who think they are a lot more financial savvy than they congregated and gave each bad financial advice.

7 minutes ago, Si1 said:

HPC was taken over by Fubra years ago I think, the perverse thing now when you think about it is surely a fast drastic property crash would be the worst thing in the world for them, surely their revenue ends the day property becomes affordable.

Archived