• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Woman could be spared jail because judge thinks she is 'extraordinary'?

Aspiring heart surgeon Lavinia Woodward (pictured), 24, swiped at her boyfriend with a bread knife, before stabbing him in the leg. She then hurled a laptop, a glass and a jam jar at him, during the clash at Christ Church college, Oxford.

Woodward previously admitted a charge of unlawful wounding at Oxford Crown Court, but did not attend her latest hearing because she was on a trip to Milan, Italy.

Judge Ian Pringle said the offence would normally mean a prison term.

But he then delayed sentencing for a period of four months and hinted drug addict Woodward won't be jailed - because of her 'extraordinary' talent.

He said: 'It seems to me that if this was a one-off, a complete one-off, to prevent this extraordinary able young lady from not following her long-held desire to enter the profession she wishes to, would be a sentence which would be too severe.'

Oxford University student who stabbed her Tinder lover in a drink and drug fuelled row could be spared jail by a judge because she's 'extraordinary' and it would damage her surgeon career

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Oxford University student who stabbed her Tinder lover in a drink and drug fuelled row could be spared jail by a judge because she's 'extraordinary' and it would damage her surgeon career

So, as she is poised over her patient with a scalpel............

The next headline will be............

Edited by Hopeful

Anyone know more than one surgeon? I met one on holiday, found her more than a touch odd, and her work colleague said surgeons have the rep of being "extraordinary" as in batshit mental. Is this true?

Anyway nothing new to see here - posh girlie gets away scot free with GBH where rough slapper would have done time.

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

'Aspiring heart srugeon..' 'drug addict' those two work.

She has got perky nips.

Maybe it's instinctual but, article aside, just looking at her sets off my inbuilt mental-o-meter big time.

I'd run a fucking mile I think.

I had a beer the other day with a mate of mine who's a surgeon. He's a lovely bloke though I know they have a reputation for being irascible.

I've yet to meet a professional chef who I didn't think was either a complete dick or a bit odd.

I always thought doctors got struck off when they got caught taking recreational drugs. This case and the doctor dragged off the flight go some way to demonstrating just how astonishingly low the bar for behaviour is set now for doctors.

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I met a guy a while ago who was attacked by an ex-girlfriend. She stabbed him in the back while he was doing the washing up. She then went out to the garage got a hammer and smashed both his knees, several reconstructive surgeries and 8 years of physio later he still needs a cane to walk. She thought he was cheating on her. She got two years. I suspect if it had been him attacking her in the same way they'd have (rightly) thrown away the key.

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

I met a guy a while ago who was attacked by an ex-girlfriend. She stabbed him in the back while he was doing the washing up. She then went out to the garage got a hammer and smashed both his knees, several reconstructive surgeries and 8 years of physio later he still needs a cane to walk. She thought he was cheating on her. She got two years. I suspect if it had been him attacking her in the same way they'd have (rightly) thrown away the key.

2 years for that? That's an outrage. :PissedOff:

59 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I can't imagine men doing washing up, whilst there is a woman around.

Someone enlighten me ,how is this not going to ruin her career ? unless she`s acquitted and surely this can`t be the case 

A conviction for GBH and a drug addict should be the end of her career surely 

Fuck me i know a vet that was struck off for far less ..caveat he was/is batshit crazy but in a good way

http://kirkflyingvet.com/default.aspx

Edited by Long time lurking

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Someone enlighten me ,how is this not going to ruin her career ? unless she`s acquitted and surely this can`t be the case 

Fuck me i know a vet that was struck off for far less ..caveat he was/is batshit crazy but in a good way

Is she well connected in our wonderful modern democracy? Who are her parents? Other relatives? Maybe the answer lies in that direction?

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Brilliant - (the eccentric ex-vet) - would be interesting to meet him, although I'm not sure I'd want to be a passenger.

Edited by Hopeful

26 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Brilliant - (the eccentric ex-vet) - would be interesting to meet him, although I'm not sure I'd want to be a passenger.

I have not seen him in twenty odd years i never realy knew him that well i was seeing a girl that was his assistant in one of his practices many years ago ,he was mad as a hatter then ...i`m sure there`s a film in there somewhere ..his president Bush Texas ranch landing was a classic 

17 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I have not seen him in twenty odd years i never realy knew him that well i was seeing a girl that was his assistant in one of his practices many years ago ,he was mad as a hatter then ...i`m sure there`s a film in there somewhere ..his president Bush Texas ranch landing was a classic 

Honestly, reading his exploits has given me faith that there is some hope. Unbeaten by the system.

This may explain a little if true "A former drinking friend of the late actor Oliver Reed" from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7371790.stm