DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Drop in landlord numbers?

sarahbell

sancho panza
34 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

valid point they are often nice people but they are part of the problem none the less,ironicly with a recent argument with a tablefull of germans it was a group of poles from nottingham who joined in on my side,in a row over us leaveing.maybe it was a bit childish of me to refere to merkel has seigh hail merckel....

Looking at the evidence..........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Looking at the evidence..........

that was after i got reinforcments lol,but to be fair it actualy means hail victory merkel roughly.but obviesly they realized my sublime message .but the poles basicly agreed with my argument the eec is ran by germany for germany and they control europe,just ask the greeks

9 hours ago, stokiescum said:

valid point they are often nice people but they are part of the problem none the less,ironicly with a recent argument with a tablefull of germans it was a group of poles from nottingham who joined in on my side,in a row over us leaveing.maybe it was a bit childish of me to refere to merkel has seigh hail merckel....

"Part of the problem"?...no, the problem is the industrialists that play one set of workers against another to reduce overheads and conditions of employment. Add to this the politicians (the ones that we vote and pay for) that support/encourage this whilst pretending they have our best interest at heart...these two groups are the parts of the problem...the UK and migrant workforces are just the victims.

55 minutes ago, MrXxx said:

"Part of the problem"?...no, the problem is the industrialists that play one set of workers against another to reduce overheads and conditions of employment. Add to this the politicians (the ones that we vote and pay for) that support/encourage this whilst pretending they have our best interest at heart...these two groups are the parts of the problem...the UK and migrant workforces are just the victims.

the migrent workforce are not realy victims though,i agree its the industrialists/goverment behind it but someone here earning 3 times what they could at home isnt much of a victum.mind at the rate we are going in 20 years they might be able to earn more in poland.

OK, maybe not a victim but they are still being exploited by being offered less than the going rate and sub par conditions of employment. With our representatives then allowing this to happen directly through lack of legislation (or its enforcement), and indirectly by trying to convince the electorate with their soundbites (I.e people like zero hours contracts as it allows flexibility) there is only one true winner.

15 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

I used to work with a lot of Poles, for the most part they are a decent bunch. I always found it quite ironic that the left continually bang on about the Brits being racist against the guys coming to do their jobs...well, clearly these people have never been near a production line, a building site or a farmer's field...the Poles are the most racist people I have ever come across.

The Czech come pretty close. Taxi driver bent my ear for whole journey about country being flooded with immigrants. From Ukraine apparently. 

14 hours ago, Banned by HPC said:

Greatest comedian in history

Except for Tommy Cooper obviously. Spoon jar, jar spoon 

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That's as debatable as the best boxer or footballer - but yes, he certainly belongs on the short-list.

For my crude sense of humour there is no one better ... no one even comes close!

sleepwello'nights
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:37, Funn3r said:

The Czech come pretty close. Taxi driver bent my ear for whole journey about country being flooded with immigrants. From Ukraine apparently. 

Do you mean the taxi driver was from the Ukraine or he was worried about Czechoslovakia being flooded with immigrants from the Ukraine?

Coincidentally a number of waiters (mainly waitresses actually) in Italy were Ukrainian. Very pretty all of them :D)

On 13/07/2018 at 12:37, Funn3r said:

Being unhappy with a flood of immigrants is racism nowadays?

I had to straighten my 9yo daughter recently, who'd been told at school that laughing at kids who suck at playing tag was racism. The same school that told her Brexit would result in a WW III, and that Trump would SURELY bring the WW III (or should that be IV by then?). Anyway, I had to tell her how certain words are used to control the narrative, and how abusing those words dilutes their true, horrible meaning.

Back in Poland I remember football fans making monkey noises and throwing bananas at black players, singing in full voice how they "didn't want blackies in their white team". I remember a black student from Netherlands being stabbed in the very centre of my city for hanging out with a white girl. I remember an MP proclaiming in 2008 "the end of the civilisation of the white man" after Obama was elected, while his comrades called Obama a "slob who needs a good wash" on national TV. That's racism. Hating on people and putting them down or stating their inferiority solely because of the colour of their skin.

Being unhappy with tons of immigrants coming to your country is nothing to be ashamed of. People have every right to dislike the very idea of having to deal with, accept and embrace foreign culture, religion, language in their own country. You can prefer things around you to stay as they are, as they have been throghout your life, and it doesn't make you a bad person, let alone a racist. If any Czechs want to get familiar with Ukrainian way of life, they can always travel there, spend as much time as they like there and take in as much as they want, without enforcing it on their countrymen who might have different preferences.

On 13/07/2018 at 11:23, stokiescum said:

the migrent workforce are not realy victims though,i agree its the industrialists/goverment behind it but someone here earning 3 times what they could at home isnt much of a victum.mind at the rate we are going in 20 years they might be able to earn more in poland.

They have certainly led to the rise of HMO’s

trying to save as much as possible to take home, living in slum conditions short term to enrich a low life parasite landlord does not seem too bad for the long term gain.. Only problem is the brits can’t compete unless we lower ourselves to slum living..

Businesses love it, but I argue the long term damage to the economy with rising housing benefit and working tax credits without the state  receiving the revenue required to look after the soon to retire will bankrupt us. 

The government only run the country to enrich themselves and the banking racket.. 

Germany got engineering and manufacturing, we got the bankers.. we are so screwed! 

4 hours ago, kibuc said:

Being unhappy with tons of immigrants coming to your country is nothing to be ashamed of. People have every right to dislike the very idea of having to deal with, accept and embrace foreign culture, religion, language in their own country. You can prefer things around you to stay as they are, as they have been throghout your life, and it doesn't make you a bad person, let alone a racist. If any Czechs want to get familiar with Ukrainian way of life, they can always travel there, spend as much time as they like there and take in as much as they want, without enforcing it on their countrymen who might have different preferences.

I pointed out to someone on HPC that if we had no immigration since WW2 there would have not been 7500 (detected as much higher) cases of Female genital mutilation last year.. costing police, hospital, social services, lawyers, translators.. 

or the highest ever number of terror attacks thwarted last year.. 

why cant people admit that Imigration has not improved the fabric of society, it’s done more to divide us.. Although that’s probably the idea.. make us spend time fighting each other instead of paying attention to the government’s corruption.. 

17 hours ago, macca said:

They have certainly led to the rise of HMO’s

trying to save as much as possible to take home, living in slum conditions short term to enrich a low life parasite landlord does not seem too bad for the long term gain.. Only problem is the brits can’t compete unless we lower ourselves to slum living..

Businesses love it, but I argue the long term damage to the economy with rising housing benefit and working tax credits without the state  receiving the revenue required to look after the soon to retire will bankrupt us. 

The government only run the country to enrich themselves and the banking racket.. 

Germany got engineering and manufacturing, we got the bankers.. we are so screwed! 

Once again its not the immigrants that cause the problem, but the system that allows someone to exploit them. Make the rules governing HMOs stricter AND enforce them properly and we would be less likely to have the issues I.e. you as a landlord allow overcrowding or beds in sheds and your property becomes confiscated and donated to the council housing stock...be far more of a deterrent than a £500 fine and a slap on the wrist.

UnconventionalWisdom
3 minutes ago, MrXxx said:

Once again its not the immigrants that cause the problem, but the system that allows someone to exploit them. Make the rules governing HMOs stricter AND enforce them properly and we would be less likely to have the issues I.e. you as a landlord allow overcrowding or beds in sheds and your property becomes confiscated and donated to the council housing stock...be far more of a deterrent than a £500 fine and a slap on the wrist.

They aren't only exploiting immigrants. People on good jobs in the south and London can't afford to rent alone so have to live in crap conditions... Granted it's usually not horrendous, but I've house shares where it's taken ages to have thing sorted. After I moved out, an old house mate said they got a hole in the ceiling and water blockages. People eventually move but landlords can get away with bad practice with the moving costs and reference fees 

UnconventionalWisdom
On 13/07/2018 at 10:46, MrXxx said:

Add to this the politicians (the ones that we vote and pay for) that support/encourage this whilst pretending they have our best interest at heart...

Whilst benefitting from the housing crisis due to the houses they rent out. Shocking country 

Archived