• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

World Cup Final - Battenberg v Cosmic Apple - Sunday

Ah well, sic transit gloria calix mundi.

For the final, and let's not concern ourselves with the losers' final:

Sunday 4pm

France Battenberg

v

Croatia Cosmic Apple

I think you'd have to say that it's looking like France by a country mile.

And:  Group of his own devising - Tournament abandoned due to Putin meddling - bkk Andrew  (leaving this one a bit late tbh).

Oh well, next time maybe:

Belgium Panther

England The Idiocrat 

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think the French will dance around and be, well, Frence but the Croats will go at them like terriers causing the French to demand that the French Army is brought onto the pitch.

Is that for the surrender bit?

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No surrender.

Which is "discriminatory" against Irish Republican terrorists who murder men, women and children.  Are terrorists now an ethnic group?

FFS.

Ta. From a google search 

Give me St George in my heart, keep me English
Give me St George in my heart, I say
Give me St George in my heart, keep me English
Keep me English to my dying day
No surrender
No surrender
No surrender to the IRA (scum)

The war in Ireland certainly was a conflict between ethnic groups.  The IRA were chief protagonists for one of them.

But the thing that gets me, is the conflict ended with the Good Friday Agreement.  If you're singing No Surrender now, it's as though you're calling for a resumption of violence.

That alone, should be worth a stretch in the pokey, if you ask me.

Posted (edited)

Is the chanting likely to be about the IRA in 2018? 

Maybe about some other terrorist organisation in 2018,  a political prisoner in Britain, Trump or even Brexit betrayed?  the So-Called BBC radio news this evening was very coy about what they were chanting about.  They didn't give a hint except something about discrimination but that leaves it wide open as it could refer to anything these days even a pug dog.

Edited by twocents

Croatians could well deliver.

Definitely have the ability, but, are they knackered after the extra time and a day less rest?

6 hours ago, leggers said:

Croatians could well deliver.

Definitely have the ability, but, are they knackered after the extra time and a day less rest?

4 full days rest should be plenty enough. Its also the World Cup final so everything will be thrown at it. Adrenaline will be pumping. 

Tiredness is no excuse for either team imo. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Khan (GMTV), tomorrow in London "we have the extreme far right" (protesting). Presume that is the Tommy Robinson / Freedom of Speech march. Tosser!

It's not even original now.  The description he uses shows his lack of integrity and his one sidedness to the extent that his opinion can be ignored.

Edited by twocents

16 hours ago, twocents said:

Is the chanting likely to be about the IRA in 2018? 

Maybe about some other terrorist organisation in 2018,  a political prisoner in Britain, Trump or even Brexit betrayed?  the So-Called BBC radio news this evening was very coy about what they were chanting about.  They didn't give a hint except something about discrimination but that leaves it wide open as it could refer to anything these days even a pug dog.

It's probably a contingent of Rangers fans in the England crowd trotting out their tired old sectarian bullshit chants, y'know rangers v celtic tripe.