• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Taxcreditapocalypse

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/live-updates-build-bear-pay-14898587

'Happy birthday Evie!

Charlotte Strongman, 25, from Barry.

She is in Cardiff with her two children - Evie and Tommy Metcalfe.

She said: “it was definitely worth it for the discount. They are expensive anyway but they loved it.

Evie is six today - now she thinks her bear is born on the same day as she was. I love it. So many kids have their heads in tablets and things these days - it’s nice to think they still have an imaginative side to them.”'

25 - 6 - 1 = 18. And thats assuming Evie is the oldest..

If shes 6 she should be in school.

Mind you, so should her mum.

The Bmouth queue looks like a longer version of the queue Mrs spy gets at the end of the week, complaining about why little Tyzon/Dimtri has been excluded again.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/6760766/build-a-bear-pay-your-age-day-queue-nine-hours/

Yeah but its free.

image.png.b1dc1428fe594ba78b1dc7d140d08204.pngimage.png.b1dc1428fe594ba78b1dc7d140d08204.png

''It would have cost £150, but I only paid £27'

Dawn Collard, 52, from Barry queuing outside the Cardiff store with seven children.

Two are her grandchildren and the others are children she looks after as she is a childminder.

She said: “I think it’s amazing. My bill should have been £150 but I only paid £27. I bought them for all the kids. They absolutely loved it.

“It’s so special for them - they have a certificate and they give them a name. It’s really memorable for them. It’s so great - they’re about £25 normally. I came here at about 8.50am and we are not that far in the queue.”''

How many of them are queuing with the hope they can flog their £6 bear on eBay later. Perfect time to go to ASDA at least while these scummy sorts are otherwise occupied.

4E281AD300000578-0--a-307_1531395586296.

Indeed, scarier if you enlarge it. The guy (?) on the left:

wtf.jpg

I am so glad I didn't get a tattoo , was seriously considering it at the age of ~20.

This really isn't good for Build a Bear's image. Chavvy bennies for lifers queuing up to buy their product. I don't know much about BaB though, maybe they don't mind.

36 minutes ago, spygirl said:

You'd be in luck if your birthday is 29th February. :)

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

My Build a Bear was always empty. Aprat form not understanding the point of it, I could never work out how it was viable, prime location, 3 + staff.

Even now that I realise that the bears can be up to £150 (WTF?), there can't have been enough trade to support the rents and rates, surely?

I can only assume they had tons of stock to shift. What is their balance sheet like ?

Edited by Hopeful

There's something I don't get about these stories of chavvy people desperate to get the latest must-have expensive toy for their little miracles. 

Is it:

a. Because they are thick and have access to bottomless bennie money 

b. Because clever marketing/PR types are able to engineer things to whip them up into a frenzy of interest or;

c. Both of the above?

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

My Build a Bear was always empty. Aprat form not understanding the point of it, I could never work out how it was viable, prime location, 3 + staff.

Even now that I realise that the bears can be up to £150 (WTF?), there can't have been enough trade to support the rents and rates, surely?

I can only assume they had tons of stock to shift. What is their balance sheet like ?

They weighed up the cost vs free advertising no doubt. Plus, add in all the accessories (clothes/hair brushes/roller skates) these simpletons will buy for Tyler and Clemydia’s 67th soft toy and I reckon they’ll do pretty well over this.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

There's something I don't get about these stories of chavvy people desperate to get the latest must-have expensive toy for their little miracles. 

Is it:

b. Because clever marketing/PR types are able to engineer things to whip them up into a frenzy of interest or;

c. Both of the above?

Because they're all following a "Judas Goat" who has misled them into believe:

a. They are entitled

b. Their kids are princes and princesses

c. Tattoos are a good idea

d. Obesity is cool

e. They are clever.

Sheeples

Edited by Option5

57 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Idiocracy has arrived. 

It's ridiculous.  A lot of people deserve the big shit sandwich that's coming.

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Is it:

c. Both of the above?

It's a bit like how everybody is living hand to mouth, but when there is a threat of a petrol shortage everybody is trying to buy two hundreds quids worth, filling up wheelie bins etc.

Just now, eight said:

It's a bit like how everybody is living hand to mouth, but when there is a threat of a petrol shortage everybody is trying to buy two hundreds quids worth, filling up wheelie bins etc.

I recall somebody (it might have been on here) saying that a woman came out of a shop opening a new packet of fags and asked him if he could spare a bit of change for her leccy or baby's milk or something because she had no money left. He pointed at the fags and said 'I'll think you'll find that explains the problem'. Met by a blank look on the woman's face. 

2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Maybe 'Build a Bear" is some sort of Deep State sleeping, trading company that was just waiting for when a distraction is needed?

Dont look in to the eyes.