• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

201p

Get rid of your paddling pool - you might drown burglars and be sued.

We are the laughing stock of the world.

4E29CE4700000578-5947043-image-a-34_1531408686744.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5947043/Residents-told-paddling-pool-pose-risk-burglars.html

She said: 'A team of them came and said initially we'd have to get rid of it [the pool]. They then changed their mind and said we had to put it down each night for health and safety issues.

'They said if someone breaks in they might drown in the pool.

'I don't understand. People in other places are allowed them in their community gardens. There's nothing in the tenancy agreement that says we can't.

I think people are basically jealous of their pool during this heatwave so any excuse is used to dismantle people's property.

That is why we can't have nice things. [faith in humanity dented]

Our neighbours have one of those for their two young children to play in. They were reluctant to fill it with one eye on the meter and how much it might cost.

Until a chance conversation one day revealed that we don't have a meter because there was nowhere to fit one, and our garden hose tap is right next to the dividing fence.

It's the same water, it just isn't going through a charging meter.

Takes three hours to fill it.

4 hours ago, 201p said:

We are the laughing stock of the world.

4E29CE4700000578-5947043-image-a-34_1531408686744.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5947043/Residents-told-paddling-pool-pose-risk-burglars.html

She said: 'A team of them came and said initially we'd have to get rid of it [the pool]. They then changed their mind and said we had to put it down each night for health and safety issues.

'They said if someone breaks in they might drown in the pool.

'I don't understand. People in other places are allowed them in their community gardens. There's nothing in the tenancy agreement that says we can't.

Looking at the piccie, was it really that long ago that 'poor' people were thin and pale?

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Looking at the piccie, was it really that long ago that 'poor' people were thin and pale?

OK we're still the laughing stock of the world. 

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Pools and ponds and toddlers don't mix. Unless supervised at all times. 

I have fished a toddler out of a pond, no harm done except some pond water swallowed thankfully, but it could have been a lot worse, was sheer chance I found him in time. He'd found a gap in the fence/wall/hedge and come through from the neighbours following their cat. So not our fault as such, but.....

More recently my wife's niece took her eye off the ball for a couple of minutes and almost lost her son, he was helicoptered to hospital, he seems to have escaped any damage. There were other slightly older kids around, they didn't pull him out, fortunately one girl wanted a drink and while asking mentioned that B****** was "swimming".

I agree with @spygirl, unsupervised pools, communal areas, chavs, hot weather, booze, it's a no-no for me. Until they change the law making people responsible for their own actions or lack of actions at least, and accept a few more toddler drownings.

Then again, by seeking to eliminate all risk we are being diseugenic.  You rescued your son because of a good level of parenting.  A shit / less intelligent parent would probably not have followed up on the comment and ended up with a dead son.  result: improved gene pool.

but then again I am probably being unreasonable.

11 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Then again, by seeking to eliminate all risk we are being diseugenic.  You rescued your son because of a good level of parenting.  A shit / less intelligent parent would probably not have followed up on the comment and ended up with a dead son.  result: improved gene pool.

I always used to meet a nice mum when I took my son to the park, ~10 years ago.

Pretty hot, doing her nurse training. Shed got knocked up in the first year of college by a dazzer chavsummer, rapidly downward mobile.

Spy jr and the other kid used to run around, do 3yo crap whilst i chatted to hot nurse mum.

When the kid was 4ish, he had a daddy weekend. Daddy - somehow - was going to summer party at a place that had a pool - i think it was probably one similar to the one in the article. He had access as hot mum thought he needed to spend time with his son, to bond.

There were ~20 'adults' present, drinking cider, smoking weed. Backyard of a semi.

The 4yo managed to fall into the the pool and half drown. Brain damaged cabbage now.

Some times me and 13yo spy jr pass now ragged tired mum pushing her poor kid in a wheelchair.

She looks at me and spy jr.

I look at her and cabbage jr. I go cold everytime. Cabbage jr honest look at anything, he just dribbles.

Some kisd need protecting from some parents.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I always used to meet a nice mum when I took my son to the park, ~10 years ago.

Pretty hot, doing her nurse training. Shed got knocked up in the first year of college by a dazzer chavsummer, rapidly downward mobile.

Spy jr and the other kid used to run around, do 3yo crap whilst i chatted to hot nurse mum.

When the kid was 4ish, he had a daddy weekend. Daddy - somehow - was going to summer party at a place that had a pool - i think it was probably one similar to the one in the article. He had access as hot mum thought he needed to spend time with his son, to bond.

There were ~20 'adults' present, drinking cider, smoking weed. Backyard of a semi.

The 4yo managed to fall into the the pool and half drown. Brain damaged cabbage now.

Some times me and 13yo spy jr pass now ragged tired mum pushing her poor kid in a wheelchair.

She looks at me and spy jr.

I look at her and cabbage jr. I go cold everytime. Cabbage jr honest look at anything, he just dribbles.

Some kisd need protecting from some parents.

NO.  NO NO NO NO NO

That story is exactly what we SHOULD see due to selection pressures.  She chose badly in a mate for breeding, and the father was not a good parent or a good member of society.  His kid will not breed.  That is a positive result for future generations.  Very sad for the kid themselves, but no sadder than a weak giraffe being eaten by lions.

7 minutes ago, wherebee said:

NO.  NO NO NO NO NO

That story is exactly what we SHOULD see due to selection pressures.  She chose badly in a mate for breeding, and the father was not a good parent or a good member of society.  His kid will not breed.  That is a positive result for future generations.  Very sad for the kid themselves, but no sadder than a weak giraffe being eaten by lions.

Sadly doesnt work like that.

The way the benefit state is going the brain damaged kids will have his balls syringed so that his fat 40yo career can bear his kids.

We are in a fucked situation - rewarding the dumb.

In this case, you have a benefit system acting against tthe kids best interests.

My point, sort of, when the shit hit the fans, it rarely result in in killing people. Just turning them in10 250k/year public spending holes.

Miserable for all concerned. Apart from the people who should be put against a wall  and shot.

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Sadly doesnt work like that.

The way the benefit state is going the brain damaged kids will have his balls syringed so that his fat 40yo career can bear his kids.

We are in a fucked situation - rewarding the dumb.

In this case, you have a benefit system acting against tthe kids best interests.

My point, sort of, when the shit hit the fans, it rarely result in in killing people. Just turning them in10 250k/year public spending holes.

Miserable for all concerned. Apart from the people who should be put against a wall  and shot.

Ah - see what you mean.  

So basically, you are saying that we are all Lobsters?

40 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Was the neighbour's son, I was only 18/19 or so and living at home, and just happened to be passing the pond in our garden, so not quite right, he just got very lucky.  His mum had noticed quickly he was nowhere to be seen in their large garden from her kitchen window and was looking frantically(she thought he'd got out towards the road), but even after all the fuss had died down it took her hours to find the tiny gap between wall and fence where he'd followed the cat through on all fours. 

As far as eugenics are concerned she was definitely a caring and attentive mum(though bloody annoying) so I wouldn't have said the gene pool would have benefited from his extinction - in fact from memory he became something of an intellectual prodigy. Anyway as Spy says, modern law and bennies systems have removed that aspect from evolution. 

Was on Egham Station once and 2 year old next to me. Obviously made sure we were as far back from train line as possible. Just caught him as he managed to get through a gap in the fence to some sort of 10 million volt power station on the platform covered in skull n crossbones signs. The fence was slightly wonky but you'd never look at it and think safety hazard. 

To their credit they fixed it immediately when I told them.