• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Fischer

Wimbledon semi - 24-24

They really need to introduce tie-breaks for the last set.

Could make it at 10-10.

Make the men's' doubles three sets as well. Might encourage top players to enter again.

Edited by Fischer

16 hours ago, Battenberg said:

I shan't comment on the women, as it's not my thing, but regarding stamina, imo male tennis players have the best physic. Absolutely spot on.

There was a survey amongst pro sports players a couple of years ago and they ranked tennis, particularly men's tennis owing to the longer matches and harder serves, as requiring the highest level of all round fitness (speed, strength, stamina).

Andy Murray has a FOUR HOUR standard regime after each match to prepare him for the next day, includes static cycling, ice bath, massage.

Astounding.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/tennis/1373825/wimbledon-2016-sushi-deep-massages-and-a-freezing-cold-ice-bath-andy-murrays-four-hour-post-match-routine-revealed/

(I realise that you weren't specifically referring to their athleticism BB!)

Edited by Frank Hovis

23 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Crazy that people still think women tennis players should be paid the same as men despite playing less. 

It's an entertainment business; whoever brings in the most money gets most money themselves.  Which in tennis is the men.

In gymnastics and ice skating it would be the women.

In equestrian it would be equal.

You don't get paid just for putting in the effort as any amateur sports person will confirm.