• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Inthe words of Nelson - Ha Ha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5952839/Explosive-device-thrown-home-former-Sinn-Fein-leader-Gerry-Adams-police-confirm.html

'At a press conference today, Mr Adams said: 'I'd like them or their representatives to come and meet me.

'I'd like them to sit down and explain to me what this is about.

'I'd like those who are involved in exploiting children in Derry to do the same thing, or those who are poisoning the atmosphere in east Belfast and causing havoc to do the same thing.''

Dont want to.

You create the playground and rules. Cant complain when other people decide to play the same game.

Just because youve got older, more to lose, comfy. These people haven't.

They want what youve got.

You got it by bombing.

Theyll bomb too.

Tough.

Whilst I would be delighted to see Gerry Adams' body twitching upon the scaffold there has been so much conceded by both sides in order to stop the horrendous cycle of violence in NI that it would be a tremendous shame to allow a small number of hotheads to fire it all up again.

So I would grudgingly have to regard Gerry Adams' house being attacked as bad news.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whilst I would be delighted to see Gerry Adams' body twitching upon the scaffold there has been so much conceded by both sides in order to stop the horrendous cycle of violence in NI that it would be a tremendous shame to allow a small number of hotheads to fire it all up again.

So I would grudgingly have to regard Gerry Adams' house being attacked as bad news.

+1 no matter how much you hate him without Adams and McGuiness there would be thousands more people in early graves.

Edited by montecristo

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well .....

Yes but.

Sure, Adams + MacG statre the PIRA off, then took it peace wit hthe GFA.

But the problem is that others have watched and learned.

Now a new generation is rising and want the cushy life that Gerry has. And they saw how he got it.

Again, the set the music, other people are dacning to it.

The proplem with any civil insrugency and whatnot - esp,. in a democracy - is that once the aims are emant all the insurgents have to be killed.

Youve got to set the stakes so high that noone would consider it.

Today, NI economy is pretty shit - just DLA/public sector.

The people seen doing well out of it are ex terrorists/connected.

New genration want the same - guns glamour money.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well .....

Yes but.

Sure, Adams + MacG statre the PIRA off, then took it peace wit hthe GFA.

But the problem is that others have watched and learned.

Now a new generation is rising and want the cushy life that Gerry has. And they saw how he got it.

Again, the set the music, other people are dacning to it.

The proplem with any civil insrugency and whatnot - esp,. in a democracy - is that once the aims are emant all the insurgents have to be killed.

Youve got to set the stakes so high that noone would consider it.

Today, NI economy is pretty shit - just DLA/public sector.

The people seen doing well out of it are ex terrorists/connected.

New genration want the same - guns glamour money.

I take it you have never been to NI?  If you think this is about the youth getting a some cash I don't know where to start. 

The past is the past -- if GA calls for dialogue then let there be dialogue, rather than bombs.

But, beyond that -- seeing as the Good Friday Agreement is now all the work of the EU mandarins, I'd like to see the best of Brussels airlifted in to help sort out the problems there at the moment.

Edited by dgul

3 hours ago, montecristo said:

+1 no matter how much you hate him without Adams and McGuiness there would be thousands more people in early graves.

100’s in their graves because of them, they get too much credit for changing their tactics 

If Gerry thought a big bomb in England would get him what he wants there would be a Big Bang shortly after 

1 hour ago, Malthus said:

100’s in their graves because of them, they get too much credit for changing their tactics 

If Gerry thought a big bomb in England would get him what he wants there would be a Big Bang shortly after 

True, but if more militant leaders were in place you could add a couple of zeros to your figure.  FWIW intelligence reports have stated that the PIRA had developed fuel air devices around the ceasefire period.  So you can say Gerry had/has daisy cutter ability.

http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1501&context=jss

5 hours ago, montecristo said:

I take it you have never been to NI?  If you think this is about the youth getting a some cash I don't know where to start. 

No.

The troubles ruined what economy NI had.

The only people whove done well are the Pols, mainly as tgrybwere connected to the violence.

The people chuvking bombs at Gerryhave learnt to bomb their way to money. Its not kids, itll be people left out, or, more lijely, the gangstery end of pira whove lost their income.

18 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No.

The troubles ruined what economy NI had.

The only people whove done well are the Pols, mainly as tgrybwere connected to the violence.

The people chuvking bombs at Gerryhave learnt to bomb their way to money. Its not kids, itll be people left out, or, more lijely, the gangstery end of pira whove lost their income.

No, it's dissident republicans who believe Gerry and SF are traitors.  It's been happening for centuries.  Republicans go mainstream then the split, then the violence.  Read up on Michael Collins.

Edited by montecristo

1 minute ago, montecristo said:

No, it's dissident republicans who believe Gerry and SF are traitors.  It's been happening for centuries.  Republicans go mainstream then the split, then the violence.  Read up on Michael Collins.

Its not just republicans, its like i described.

Gen A bomb their way to the table. Get jobs, get ukgov pension.

Gen B get fuck all, so start bombing their way to the table.

If you want to end this, every irregular needs shooting in the head when the struggle is over.