• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl 🏆

3 Girls is on telly tonight

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Drama about the mas scale Pakistani fiddling.

Do you think Ahmed and Mohammed will be played by Kevin Smith and Darren McCreevy?

Dunno. But I have already ordered the replacement TV for delivery tomorrow.

From the interview on  R4's 'Front Row' just now the producer (I think it was the producer) said that they didn't address the 'Asian' aspect, that was for others to do subsequently, and she hoped the programmes would provoke that - sloping shoulders i felt. It seems the 3 programmes will focus on how grooming works (per se) and how the authorities (police and social services) didn't understand grooming.

Edited by Hopeful

6 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

From the interview on  R4's 'Front Row' just now the producer (I think it was the producer) said that they didn't address the 'Asian' aspect, that was for others to do subsequently, and she hoped the programmes would provoke that - sloping shoulders i felt. It seems the 3 programmes will focus on how grooming works (per se) and how the authorities (police and social services) didn't understand grooming.

How the fuck do they manage to make a documentary covering this mass-scale grooming and NOT address the Asian aspect?  I suppose they didn't mention the Chinese. Who had nothing to do with it.  I would be well pissed off if I were Chinese and has this lot of backward loons lumped in with me. 

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

How the fuck do they manage to make a documentary covering this mass-scale grooming and NOT address the Asian aspect?  I suppose they didn't mention the Chinese. Who had nothing to do with it.  I would be well pissed off if I were Chinese and has this lot of backward loons lumped in with me. 

From what I heard on Front Row, the programme covers they are Asians (but not exclusively) but doesn't drill down as to whether there are any cultural elements, although the Front Row interviewee gave the impression there could be and that they hoped this would be taken up by others in future - durrr, you had the opportunity...

Edited by Hopeful

29 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

From what I heard on Front Row, the programme covers they are Asians (but not exclusively) but doesn't drill down as to whether there are any cultural elements, although the Front Row interviewee gave the impression there could be and that they hoped this would be taken up by others in future - durrr, you had the opportunity...

Well it's not all negative.

Right now the coverage dedicated to these grooming gangs - or rather the lack of coverage - is shocking. A program that covers this issue, produced by the B.B.C., reported upon by the Guardian, might get people discussing the issue.

Once the issue is on the table, it then becomes very difficult to avoid the elephant in the room.

The producers do not need to point to the elephant. Simply getting people into the room is the first - and the most difficult - step. The rest will flow naturally.

Not going to watch it but I saw a trailer for it and there was indeed an Asian in it - the sympathetic and understanding lawyer acting for the girls. Fake news by omission. BBC are cowards and quislings.

I take this back. I'm watching something else but just flicked to this and saw an obviously Muslim man raping a white girl. Hopefully as DeepLurker says this will kick off a debate.

Edited by The Idiocrat

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

am watching but have almost turned it off a coupe of times. brutal. horrid.

I was hoping for a bit of a narrative on here about it.  Either people are riveted to it, annoyed with it, or bored and all gone to bed. 

Just now, One percent said:

I was hoping for a bit of a narrative on here about it.  Either people are riveted to it, annoyed with it, or bored and all gone to bed. 

I can't watch it, knowing what the So-Called BBC has become it will just piss me off for the rest of the week. I'm recording and might watch it over the w/end when me being really pissed off won't affect my job.

I fucking hate the So-Called BBC, bunch of sanctimonious lefty wankers.

Just now, One percent said:

I'm watching Alan Partridge instead.

To be honest I don't want to put myself through watching it. I know enough about what happened to know it would just upset me. :CryBaby:

Just now, XswampyX said:

I can't watch it, knowing what the So-Called BBC has become it will just piss me off for the rest of the week. I'm recording and might watch it over the w/end when me being really pissed off won't affect my job.

I fucking hate the So-Called BBC, bunch of sanctimonious lefty wankers.

Yep.  I chickened out as I felt it would be an utter wind up. I was hoping that those with a stronger constitution might watch it and provide a commentary 

I'm watching it now. It is not underplaying the Pakistani aspect, from the kebab shop owners to the taxi drivers. The police are portrayed as totally inept but nowhere near as stupid as the uncomprehending ineffectual social workers.

It is very harrowing, my stomach is in knots just thinking how widespread and recent these incidents are. Combined with the fact that it is more likely than not still happening in many towns and cities throughout the UK.

How wonderful this multicultural diversity is, how its enriched our country, brought us benefits beyond our wildest dreams, not.  

Edited by sleepwello'nights
speeling

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

I'm watching Alan Partridge instead.

To be honest I don't want to put myself through watching it. I know enough about what happened to know it would just upset me. :CryBaby:

Chickens the lot of us. xD

it says more about the So-Called BBC than it does about us. 

6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I'm watching it now. It is not underplaying the Pakistani aspect, from the kebab shop owners to the taxi drivers. The police are portrayed as totally inept but nowhere near as stupid as the uncomprehending ineffectual social workers.

It is very harrowing, my stomach is in knots just thinking how widespread and recent these incidents are. Combined with the fact that it is more likely than not still happening in many towns and cities throughout the UK.

How wonderful this multicultural diversity is, how its enriched our country, brought us benefits beyond our wildest dreams, not.  

Thank you for that. Sounds like the So-Called BBC have done a decent job actually, despite the awfulness of the deeds portrayed. Respect is probably due. I look forward to outrage from The Guardian in the morning.

I am watching it now. What these girls went through was horrific, as was the treatment by the police.

I think it is well produced and doesn't hide the Pakistani side at all. 

Surprisingly more open than I could have hoped for. It should be compulsory viewing in some parts of the UK and for all social workers.

Scum. Total scum.

Just watched this. Not easy to watch.

Very harrowing and brutal and seems to be accurately portraying what happened to these young girls.

Maxine Peake, the actress, said she thought it was a story that needed to be told. It's been made with agreement from families involved.

I think this could mean a lot of Curry houses having fewer visitors from now on.

Edited. And I bloody hope so. As well as the taxi services. 

Edited by Tabasco Kid

I would like to raise a question, a rather cynical question.  I have not watched the programme but from the emerging analysis of those that have, the So-Called BBC appear to have played a fairly straight bat on this.

this raises two interlinked issues. First is that it may create a backlash, which in part might be why it has not been aired previously. Second and more importantly, why now?  There is always an agenda.  The news is not there to be told but to be manipulated for nefarious ends.  So, I repeat why now when the country is going into an election.  

8 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

I think this could mean a lot of Curry houses having fewer visitors from now on. 

I would think you are a lot safer taking your teenage daughter out to a genuine italian restaurant for a pizza, chinese, mexican, french, or a bit of spanish tapas.

Couldn't watch it. My blood pressure wouldn't be able to take the strain, besides I can quite imagine the hell these girls were put through by this bunch of sub-humans. 

Anecdotal but an old friend of mine works rather high up in the MET. I asked him about his opinion of the scale of this a while ago. He told me that in the upper tiers, there were serious concerns that if the actual full extent of this came to light, there would be some kind of uprising. 

I don't think we know the half of it.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I would like to raise a question, a rather cynical question.  I have not watched the programme but from the emerging analysis of those that have, the So-Called BBC appear to have played a fairly straight bat on this.

this raises two interlinked issues. First is that it may create a backlash, which in part might be why it has not been aired previously. Second and more importantly, why now?  There is always an agenda.  The news is not there to be told but to be manipulated for nefarious ends.  So, I repeat why now when the country is going into an election.  

I was thinking exactly the same thing. But I would guess these things are scheduled months in advance and to pull it would seem even more biased.

I guess it will gain UKIP some votes.