• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

The UKIP Roll of Honour

If there was a General Election now I'd vote for...  

117 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. If there was a General Election now I'd vote for... (anonymous)

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Lib Dems
    • Green Party
    • SNP
    • Other
    • I wouldn't vote
    • Spoil my vote

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I've just joined UKIP as I'm disgusted with the proposed  EU deal.

Anyone else a member?

Good point, just joined and bunged them an extra 100 quid in the process.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was a card carrying member of the Labour Party. Does that count?  o.O

Now is your chance to make amends for that fucker Blair.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Good point, just joined and bunged them an extra 100 quid in the process.

Now is your chance to make amends for that fucker Blair.

In my defence, I cancelled my membership when they ditched clause 4 and the rejoined when they put steptoe in charge. o.O

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

In my defence, I cancelled my membership when they ditched clause 4 and the rejoined when they put steptoe in charge. o.O

That's consistent at least. I'm hugely disappointed with Steptoe on Brexit, he was as absolutely clear leaver forever but has now caved into the Blairite end of Labour and supports soft (i.e. no) Brexit. Just as much of a useless fucker as Theresa bloody May.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

That's consistent at least. I'm hugely disappointed with Steptoe on Brexit, he was as absolutely clear leaver forever but has now caved into the Blairite end of Labour and supports soft (i.e. no) Brexit. Just as much of a useless fucker as Theresa bloody May.

And, labour’s position since we joined the common market was anti. They argued that it would impact on workers and their employment. 

I don’t think that it is me who has changed. 

Just now, One percent said:

And, labour’s position since we joined the common market was anti. They argued that it would impact on workers and their employment. 

I don’t think that it is me who has changed. 

Quite! Join UKIP - or at least give them some cash - in that case. They're the only political party that actually supports Brexit at this point.

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

Quite! Join UKIP - or at least give them some cash - in that case. They're the only political party that actually supports Brexit at this point.

I’m not convinced that I want to be on that list tbh. Otherwise I would 

I joined just before the chequers deal capitulation, now very glad I did. 

I fucking despise labour, but the time has gone where the Tories can have the nerve to even think about trotting out any “vote UKIP get Steptoe” nonsense and think it will work. 

If they stitch us up with Brexit I wish for the complete destruction of the Tory party and those that played their part in this. 

We need a good reset, and if we have to go via Steptoe to get it, so be it.  

Edited by ste

Agree with all of that. I'm waiting to see how this week pans out then will join UKIP at end of the week. Tories have the arrogance now of pre-Trump US Democrats I think... assuming that we wouldnt dare vote for the alternative. They've got a big shock coming. Hopefully we will see the back of the Tories for quite a long time.

12 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I'm a member again since last week. That isn't to say I'm happy with UKIP as I'm not,  they have acted very poorly since the referendum. But they're needed. 

Likewise, I actually joined (first time ever joined a party) the day after the last election having voted Con, fearing betrayal. Since then have llet membership lapse as they completely lost the plot but will be rejoining.

The Con party don't have a clue at what they are unleashing as if on a sinking ship you may spend time trying to bail it out but sooner rather than later abandoning it is the prudent move. A lot of people may look at the UK in the same way.

Interesting article in the Sun, the prospect of Steptoe could put the frighteners on the EU too, if we go down we'll quite possibly take them down with us. 

11 hours ago, Great Guy said:

I've just joined UKIP as I'm disgusted with the proposed  EU deal.

Anyone else a member?

Yes, joined a couple of weeks ago for similar reasons.  I watched several interviews of Gerard Batten and realised my views were more aligned to his than the other leaders. 

i.e. Free speech and democratic sovereignty.

I find it amazing the these are not generally not considered to be important any more.

Political correctness and virtue signaling seems to have become the opposite of this. i.e. you can only have approved views, must not offend anybody.

The consequence of this is that the professionally offended get to take control.  The more you can present yourself as an oppressed victim, the more power you get.

I must admit that I am sorely tempted to vote UKip next time around.

I vote Labour last time but tbh I now think that they're full of hot air. As already discussed ad-nauseum they no longer seem to represent the interests of the downtrodden working class like myself.

I was watching a few YT videos last evening with Nigel Farage. He's very much tarred and feathered by the MSM but he says it as it is. He needs to be elected as an MP asap imo... (a bit abbreviation heavy there!)

Joined last week. Got my membership letter and card. First time I've ever joined anything political.

Voted ukip in 2015 and 2017.  Never voted previously despite being early 40's.

Edited by supernaut

I note that the UKIP donation link I gave was a one-off expiring one. Anyone that wants to donate or join, go here:

http://ukip.org/

Clicking 'Donate' (big button on the right) takes you to a Paypal page where you can give them whatever amount you want either anonymously or not as you prefer. There's no need to have a Paypal account to do this, all standard credit and debit cards are accepted. 

I am proud to say my membership letter arrived as I was watching Lord Adonis on the news saying how a new referendum (or people's vote in his words) was pretty much a done deal due to the entire leave campaign being lies and how the new vote must have 3 questions: Remain, accept deal or hard brexit. He then said how those involved with Vote Leave should be banned from political campaigning.

The EU doing its normal method: you serfs will keep voting until you get the correct result.

So what actually happens when you join a political party?

I'd imagine they ask you for money and in return you get included on a mailing list, but what else ? Do you get to decide anything?

Do you get a badge?