• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Battenberg

Frozen Sweetcorn

I have not heard about this yet - thank you.

This has been drip drip drip - earlier reports from the 4th. But not reaching a crescendo yet.

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

You kind of wonder how this has happened. We have been eating frozen veg for years

With this heat wave there may have been a break in the cold chain.

Edited by 201p

Up until this year I'd had food poisoning once in my life. I ate a yoghurt that was past its sell by date when I was about 5 and then chucked my guts up.

xD

In the last year I've had it 3 times. Twice was after eating packet sandwiches from Tesco's, and the third time was after a Chinese takeaway.

I've stopped buying any sort of premade sandwich, and I'm avoiding takeaways, and will never ever eat from that particular Chinese ever again.

Have the government cut all of the health inspector funding or something?

14 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Up until this year I'd had food poisoning once in my life. I ate a yoghurt that was past its sell by date when I was about 5 and then chucked my guts up.

xD

In the last year I've had it 3 times. Twice was after eating packet sandwiches from Tesco's, and the third time was after a Chinese takeaway.

I've stopped buying any sort of premade sandwich, and I'm avoiding takeaways, and will never ever eat from that particular Chinese ever again.

Food poisoniing. the shits. whatever.

Once I stopped eating meat Ive rarely had anything.

Beign veggie means I avoid the places you normally get it - anything to do with chicken, shitholers takeaways.

Just phoned to warn my parents - they don't eat sweet corn (they're not overweight), and they buy fresh rather than frozen

Wife doesn't keep the stuff in the freezer because she tells me it contains a lot of sugars which can lead to weight gain. 

Worst case of food poising I had was from veg pizza at work along time ago. So steering clear of meat certainly won't reduce chances to zero. Rice can be nasty in particular IIRC.

38 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

When I was a kid we did egg painting at school. For some reason my egg was just a normal egg, not hard boiled or hollowed out or anything. It was on display at school, then put in my tray, then taken home at the end of term. On the way home it broke, and some of the, er, "contents" got on my fingers. So I licked it off.

I was ill afterwards.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am suspicious as most lf the corn is apparently from Hungary. That Hungary is in dispute with the EU currently over migrants and money makes me think twice about whether this is real or not.

I think I read the other day that it seemed to be coming from Belgium.

5 minutes ago, eight said:

When I was a kid we did egg painting at school. For some reason my egg was just a normal egg, not hard boiled or hollowed out or anything. It was on display at school, then put in my tray, then taken home at the end of term. On the way home it broke, and some of the, er, "contents" got on my fingers. So I licked it off.

I was ill afterwards.

When I was about 6 I used to pick blackberries on the edge of the school field. I’d eat as many as I put in my lunchbox. I remember getting really sick and my mother telling me why.

52 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

I suspect there is a correlation between high immigration and increased food poisoning frequency. I know, I know, I blame immigration for everything but it's hard to deny:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/food-hygiene-restaurants-birmingham-zero-10337878

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-takeways-zero-one-star-14582521

etc. Go here, and type in any city/town: http://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search-landing/en-GB/420

35 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Food poisoniing. the shits. whatever.

Once I stopped eating meat Ive rarely had anything.

Beign veggie means I avoid the places you normally get it - anything to do with chicken, shitholers takeaways.

Yeah, I was operating on the same principle. I haven't eaten meat since I was a teenager, and was always quite smug about my total avoidance of food poisoning, but something's changed.

I think it's the salad in the sandwiches being handled in unsanitary ways. At least that's my working theory. In any event something's up with food handling practices in some way that's not good.

24 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Worst case of food poising I had was from veg pizza at work along time ago. So steering clear of meat certainly won't reduce chances to zero. Rice can be nasty in particular IIRC.

Think the only meat that gives you food poisoning is chicken. I've had it several times from undercooked chicken back when I was learning to cook, but was nowhere near as bad as the time I got it from rice after leaving it out (didn't re-heat it, just got hot from the weather). Pretty much instant projectile vomit :Sick1:

Other thing to remember being a veggie, according to my own unscientific research anyway, the frequency of using a microwave decreases. I rarely touch mine, but when I used to eat meat it was used fairly frequently, and it kills every germ dead.

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

I suspect there is a correlation between high immigration and increased food poisoning frequency. I know, I know, I blame immigration for everything but it's hard to deny:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/food-hygiene-restaurants-birmingham-zero-10337878

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-takeways-zero-one-star-14582521

etc. Go here, and type in any city/town: http://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search-landing/en-GB/420

I suspect you're right.

3 minutes ago, the gardener said:

But, but, but....how can this happen? The EU with it's regulations protects us from sub-standard, poisonous food. Doesn't it?

I think that they're more bothered about protecting us from high wages and cheap capital.

xD

Edited by SpectrumFX

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

They now spend a decent %age of the 'health-inspector' budget on fancy stickers on restaurant windows and campaigns to spread 'healthy eating'* messages to the population.

[* not actually healthy eating]

5 minutes ago, dgul said:

They now spend a decent %age of the 'health-inspector' budget on fancy stickers on restaurant windows and campaigns to spread 'healthy eating'* messages to the population.

[* not actually healthy eating]

That Chinese had a "five star" rating.

Five star my fucking arse. I fucking shit myself for the first time as an adult, and had to have two days off work because I couldn't trust my arse to stay closed.

That's not five fucking stars in my book.

:PissedOff:

Edited by SpectrumFX

18 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Don't  people cook their sweetcorn ?

Get you, flash git! Electricity is too expensive so I just eat it frozen.

Extends to both dinner and dessert that way too.