• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumFX

Shots Fired

I can't help but feel that this would have been a bit easier for him (and his windscreen), if only the Americans had decided to drive on the correct side of the road.

xD

The main action is at 3.15

Anyone else view that and think what a dangerous idiot the copper was?  In a moving object, following another moving object, firing moving objects.......nah, bystanders can take their own chances....

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Anyone else view that and think what a dangerous idiot the copper was?  In a moving object, following another moving object, firing moving objects.......nah, bystanders can take their own chances....

Yep, you have to ask yourself where those bullets ended up. Any one could have killed an innocent passer-by. I suspect most Americans will back his decision though.

57 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I can't help but feel that this would have been a bit easier for him (and his windscreen), if only the Americans had decided to drive on the correct side of the road.

xD

The main action is at 3.15

Yes, isn't this why we drive on the left, so we can use our swords right handed?

ETA you would think they could come up with a hands free radio. Some very amateurish one handed driving in that vid.

Edited by Gloommonger

Just now, longtomsilver said:

He stopped the vehicle sooner and that could have ended very differently otherwise mounting a curb and injuring/killing pedestrians or a fatal RTC. In thus instance he made the right decision with luck on his side. 

Yep.

Once the car you are following (at some distance) starts randomly shooting out of the window at you, then you (police) have to act to end it. Every bullet he dodged was a potential innocent behind him killed.

7 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Yes, isn't this why we drive on the left, so we can use our swords right handed?

Why each country drives on what side of the road is fascinating... 

In 1955, the Swedish government held a referendum on the introduction of right-hand driving. Although no less than 82.9% voted “no” to the plebiscite, the Swedish parliament passed a law on the conversion to right-hand driving in 1963. Finally, the change took place on Sunday, 3 September 1967, at 5 o’clock in the morning. The day was referred to as Dagen H or, in English, H day. The ‘H’ stands for ‘Högertrafik’, the Swedish word for ‘right-hand traffic’.

Same shit. xD

Here :- https://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/driving-on-the-left/

15 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

ETA you would think they could come up with a hands free radio. Some very amateurish one handed driving in that vid.

There was some no handed driving when he used a two handed grip on his Glock. The officer knows his priorities. 

Steel wheels,  I'd like to see a UK police BMW 530d Touring fitted with 19" M-Sport alloys change lanes over  those dividing kerbs.

It wouldn't. 

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — Body Cam footage released by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department shows an intense pursuit seen from the front seat of a Metro patrol car.

For roughly four minutes Officer William Umana was trying to stop a pair of suspected killers: Fidel Miranda and Rene Nunez.

During the chase, the pair fired at police 34 times. Umana is seen on camera shooting back while driving, blowing holes in his own windshield.

The pursuit eventually ends at Howard Hollingsworth Elementary School near Bruce & Fremont, where the suspects crashed their vehicle.

Miranda, police say, tried to reverse towards officers before he was shot and killed.

Error

OK

Nunez, meanwhile, ran away and tried to hide on school grounds.

He was caught and arrested.

“When you look at that video you get a clear picture of what officers were dealing with,” said Assistant Sheriff Tim Kelly. “In my opinion they showed bravery and heroics we come to expect from our officers.”

Police Miranda and Nunez were well-armed and suspected in a homicide from just two hours prior to the pursuit. They had reportedly shot and killed a man at a car wash at Eastern and Searles.

According to Sheriff Kelly, LVMPD policy allows officers to pursue and even fire at fleeing suspects if there is imminent danger to others.

“The officer could have backed off but he didn't,” Sheriff Kelly said. “He stuck with it knowing what he was dealing with.”

Edited by Bedrag Justesen

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

It's easy to be an armchair critic.

Your survival instinct is telling you to stop chasing these maniacs and to turn around, but instead he continues to pursue them despite the fact he's being shot at by a semi automatic weapon (they are shooting much more indiscriminately than he). One hit and he's a goner, simply for doing his job and probably through no fault of his own. 

If I was in that situation I'd be panicking. I'd probably unload the full clip into the guy's skull at point blank range if I got the chance. How dare this dreg view my life and my family's lives as cheaply as that. 

I think he did well personally and have deep respect for the police here and in other countries. 

3 hours ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I have no idea how that could be considered a lawful discharge of a firearm. There’s no way it could be justified on this side of the Atlantic.

Did you watch the video with sound? They shot at him about 25 times.

Some of the replies here suggest we watched different footage...