• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Courier picking up monitor to return

I have a courier arriving today to pick up a PC monitor that I bought from Dell last week. Dell says to get a receipt from the courier - will this be a bit of paper?

Not having done this kind of thing for years I have no idea whether this is done electronically these days or whether the courier will give me a piece of paper - I think I want a piece of paper.

Anyone know? Any advice?

1 hour ago, This Time said:

Dpd give you a little bit of paper with a barcode on it.

8 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Then you'll get a bit of A5(ish) with some details and a tracking number/barcode.

Thanks both - just got a text that it will be picked up between 3 and 4 sometime so saves me staying in for hours.

I've packed the monitor back up - will they want to see it making me unpack it or don't they bother?

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Thanks both - just got a text that it will be picked up between 3 and 4 sometime so saves me staying in for hours.

I've packed the monitor back up - will they want to see it making me unpack it or don't they bother?

Sometimes they come with flight cases and won't expect it to be packaged at all. All down to what service DELL have booked.

I've had to unpack laptops etc before as the box I'd put them in wouldn't fit in the flight case.

If they just take the box they won't need to see it unpacked.