• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackieO

HURRAH...First Black Miss Universe GB

Reverse racism trumps misogyny. Or something.

Is it just me, or are none of those women particularly attractive?

Is it some kind of feminist plot?!

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

My guess would be it was done deliberately to give a thin veneer of 'diversity' and SJW-ness to beauty pageants, which are increasingly unpopular in today's PC world. 

Focusing on Dee-Ann being a black woman is a distraction.

The main issue with these beauty contests that is problematic is the blatant positive discrimination towards women.

Like prisons these pageants must be open to all.

Should I choose to self-identify as a woman, black or otherwise, I should be considered for entry.

Anything else is now outdated most unfair.

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Me, I think she's by far the prettiest.

I suppose people get picky-picky about beauty contestants.

I wouldn't crawl over her to get to any of you lot, at any rate.

57 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Would the So-Called BBC be celebrating as much if the winner was a South African from their white minority ethnic group?

A white girl undoubtedly would win if they entered - for some reason there are loads of stunning white Saffer females, maybe the mixed heritage combined with adventurous Dutchie/Brit genes..

3 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

Ok. So you believe it's a totally transparent result given the brave new world we now live in ?

Nope, I just think the prettiest girl came first. I don't think she would have some years ago though even as the best entrant.

4 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

Ok. So you believe it's a totally transparent result given the brave new world we now live in ?

This is another of the corrosive effects of 'positive discrimination', any member of a group benefitting will never know if they got there on their own effort or because they were coloured/female/jedi etc. Some may not care as long as they win, but for many it will be confidence destroying as others will make their own judgements accurate or not.

1 minute ago, Kilham said:

This is another of the corrosive effects of 'positive discrimination', any member of a group benefitting will never know if they got there on their own effort or because they were coloured/female/jedi etc. Some may not care as long as they win, but for many it will be confidence destroying as others will make their own judgements accurate or not.

Nail on head.

It's why I have my username.

I do not believe anything anymore, sadly. 

5 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

Nail on head.

It's why I have my username.

I do not believe anything anymore, sadly. 

Although I think she deserved it, this "My win is for girls of every ethnicity" pisses me off a bit. She won it, the ethnicity thing is irrelevant except to those who want to make an issue of it. Victory for a good looking girl is all it is and all it should be.

Oh for the good old days when we used to win theses things, erm....the venue was in the UK, the judges were from the UK and the sponsors were from the UK . A national family viewing event (25 million viewers here to watch Miss UK become Miss World including a young crashmonitor) .........

21 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Although I think she deserved it, this "My win is for girls of every ethnicity" pisses me off a bit. She won it, the ethnicity thing is irrelevant except to those who want to make an issue of it. Victory for a good looking girl is all it is and all it should be.

Exactly. The best looking/best figure etc should win it. But now we're got this race shite going on, and I'm sure I read somewhere that they're dropping the bikini and evening dress section of miss world. Which begs the question - "what's the bloody point".

Are we going to have thickos winning mastermind next ? It's crazy.

21 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

Exactly. The best looking/best figure etc should win it. But now we're got this race shite going on, and I'm sure I read somewhere that they're dropping the bikini and evening dress section of miss world. Which begs the question - "what's the bloody point".

Lammy has had a crack at Mastermind. Didn’t do so well, but the questions were stacked against him. Should have been more inclusive, stuff about BLM rallies or something.

Added bonus plus points for skin tone according to a BBC Pantone chart would have seen him through.

Now, onto Black Miss Britain (Sharia compliant); It’s good that a black lass won it, as otherwise that would be discriminatory, however next year the burka only option in the costumes may make whiter Pantones sneak in undercover, which will be unfair and possibly fraud.

4 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Lammy has had a crack at Mastermind. Didn’t do so well, but the questions were stacked against him. Should have been more inclusive, stuff about BLM rallies or something.

Added bonus plus points for skin tone according to a BBC Pantone chart would have seen him through.

Now, onto Black Miss Britain (Sharia compliant); It’s good that a black lass won it, as otherwise that would be discriminatory, however next year the burka only option in the costumes may make whiter Pantones sneak in undercover, which will be unfair and possibly fraud.

Lamey came across as a towering intellectual on that. Showed why he is where he is. 

10 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Indeed.

Everything is turning into a cluster fuck.

I think it should be possible in this life to buy an average house and have an average pension from an average job. If somebody works harder/is more intelligent and is therefore more productive then they should be able to have more. Likewise on looks and figure for miss world.

We are rapidly reaching the inverse of this and it saddens me and angers me in equal measure.

36 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

They seem to be trying to turn it into a general 'empowerment' wankfest to keep the feminists happy. My guess is in the future most of it will be about careers and volunteering in refugee camps etc with the looks part of it just a sideline, in the same way that any actress nowadays has to be photogenic but has to also make a big deal out of her SJW views and activities.