• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Going to school during Eid certificate

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

My friend's posted on FB that her son came home with this certificate today congratulating him on being one of 37 students who attended school during Eid! 

Number of students: 940

Surely that is discriminatory against the 903 'students' who did NOT attend. It's making out that somehow he is better by not being a Muslim, surely? Or, if he IS a Muslim, it's making him out to be a bad Muslim,which is even worse!

Edited by Austin Allegro

8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

My friend's posted on FB that her son came home with this certificate today congratulating him on being one of 37 students who attended school during Eid! 

Number of students: 940

Sorry - have I understood this correctly - you mean to say that in England, still in theory a Christian country, albeit largely secular, where the sovereign still has the moniker "Defender of the Faith", that a Muslim religious festival leads to an official day off school or an unofficial one that is unpunished? WTF?

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Sorry - have I understood this correctly - you mean to say that in England, still in theory a Christian country, albeit largely secular, where the sovereign still has the moniker "Defender of the Faith", that a Muslim religious festival leads to an official¬†day off school or an unofficial one that is unpunished? WTF?ÔĽŅ

I think so. 

How many days each year does a kid actually attend school? Maybe 150 days? Over Eid they could lose 20 days schooling... I can see Muslim kids falling behind in their education a fair bit over their school life....

Anyone that fasts for a whole month is virtually unemployable IMHO. It's perfectly reasonable not to want Muslims as bus drivers/ pilots/ doctors/ police/ firemen/ air traffic controllers etc.

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

How many days each year does a kid actually attend school? Maybe 150 days? Over Eid they could lose 20 days schooling...

Eid is only one day to celebrate the end of Ramadan (the fasting period).

I took my daughter out of school on ‚Äėcelebrate¬†Eid‚Äô¬†day because¬†the school were making a big song and dance out of it (even though only a couple of the kids are Muslim!). I didn‚Äôt want my daughter being brainwashed about how great Islam is. Religious education is already too heavily biased towards teaching that shite.

2 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I took my daughter out of school on ‚Äėcelebrate¬†Eid‚Äô¬†day because¬†the school were making a big song and dance out of it (even though only a couple of the kids are Muslim!). I didn‚Äôt want my daughter being brainwashed about how great Islam is. Religious education is already too heavily biased towards teaching that shite.

The only thing to celebrate for non-Muslims is that there wasn't a bombing!

12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

The only thing to celebrate for non-Muslims is that there wasn't a bombing!

I looked at my son's report this week which displayed his attendance record.

On the list for reasons for absence, one of the categories was 'traveller leave'. Why would I get a sound bollocking from his school if I took him out a few days early but there is a fucking category for 'traveller leave'?

If by 'traveller leave' they mean infesting a children's football ground, shitting all over it and dumping huge amounts of rubbish everywhere like they have down the road from me then I'm so utterly fucking delighted that they receive that concession while the rest of us get reamed for daring to go to centreparcs for a few extra days.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

On the list for reasons for absence, one of the categories was 'traveller leave'. Why would I get a sound bollocking from his school if I took him out a few days early but there is a fucking category for 'traveller leave'?

If by 'traveller leave' they mean infesting a children's football ground, shitting all over it and dumping huge amounts of rubbish everywhere like they have down the road from me then I'm so utterly fucking delighted that they receive that concession while the rest of us get reamed for daring to go to centreparcs for a few extra days.

I wonder if it's possible to identify yourself ss a traveller? They don't all live in caravans. Cheap holidays every year then. 

Mind you, you'd want to be able to wipe it from all records at a later time! 

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Sorry - have I understood this correctly - you mean to say that in England, still in theory a Christian country, albeit largely secular, where the sovereign still has the moniker "Defender of the Faith", that a Muslim religious festival leads to an official day off school or an unofficial one that is unpunished? WTF?

Its not a day. More week+

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Just point it out to them that going on holiday is travel, thus you are claiming traveller leave. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

You know what you have to do. Just open with 'howya' as you tell the Headmaster exactly what is (and what is not) going to be happening. Then spit on your hand.

Edited by Panther

43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Hallmarks missing a few tricks here.

'Ive done my GCSEs and Ive still got labia!' card

'Ive not been killed by mam and dad!'

'My brother went to syria and all he brought back was this lousy AK47'

Congratulations on NOT getting married in the summer holidays!