• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Soft lad

Shuffle dance - its fun

5 hours ago, Soft lad said:

Pink top burd, burd in the doorway and the two blokes with the luminous shoes are class - the rest not so much. :Old:

As for the fat kid dancing with his two burd pals - great for trying but not quite yet ready for a video. xD

I am also going to assume all the fit young burds are over 16 for perving purposes. :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

It's all try too hard, no coolness at all, like something people learn from some random black bloke who's set up an 'urban' dance class

Edited by Panther

I'd really like to learn this, I can do a pretty good running man already but I always run out of things to do with my arms. Perhaps I should practice now while one of them's broken¬¬ .

There's nothing new under the sun of course. Leeroy from the Prodigy was a master, though Keith isn't bad either:

See also the two SL2 dancers (one of whom is Kelly Overett who went on to front Cappella, though the girl in the red is slightly better). Fast forward to 3.00 if you can't stand another 4 minutes of garish early 90s music video).

3 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Surely there's no-one on this forum who's not at least a decade too old to be in a club trying this.

The last club I was in was a students union in Bristol that we somehow ended up in during a stag-do.

I felt like an utter nonce and apparently The Macarena is no longer cool.

Who knew?

10 hours ago, Rave said:

I'd really like to learn this, I can do a pretty good running man already but I always run out of things to do with my arms. Perhaps I should practice now while one of them's broken¬¬ .

Ok, it's been ten hours now, and nobody has asked yet- how did you break your arm?

5 hours ago, SNACR said:

Surely there's no-one on this forum who's not at least a decade too old to be in a club trying this.

School play ground when dropping the kids off is the kool new place for it.  You should see the Floss! 

5 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The last club I was in was a students union in Bristol that we somehow ended up in during a stag-do.

I felt like an utter nonce and apparently The Macarena is no longer cool.

Who knew?

Dad dancing will never age. There are some great clips of it online. I believe the main dude behind it all is called Mr. Bean. 

5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ok, it's been ten hours now, and nobody has asked yet- how did you break your arm?

Haha thanks for biting then! :)

Last day of my mountain biking holiday in the Alps. I'd fallen off on the second day on a set of 'gap jumps' (basically jumping from one ramp and landing on another, with a gap in the middle) and smashed myself up badly enough to lose a day's cycling. I was determined to do them again with someone filming to prove that I could clear them.

And I did, no bother. So I carried on down the trail buzzing, cleared a couple of 'tabletops' (same idea, but the bit between the ramp is flat so there's little or no penalty for coming up short), then took a faster line that I'd seen the local lads using hopping off the side of a ramp straight into a berm rather than waiting at the top. I hit the last very steep and tall tabletop going probably 5mph faster than I had before, and jumped right over the top of the table, and the landing ramp. I knew when I was in the air that I'd fucked up and that my best hope was probably going to be to crash on landing rather than trying to ride it out, but I heard a loud crack as I was going down. For a second I thought my handlebars had broken, but then I looked at my arm lying beneath me on the ground, realized that the angle it was at didn't match the angle I could feel my shoulder was at, and knew I was in trouble.

As I walked the rest of the way down to the resort holding my arm with a friend pushing my bike I was still kind of hoping it was just a dislocated shoulder, but the local medical centre took one look at the x-rays and called the local hospital. Spiral fracture of the humerus which they pinned that evening under a general. Missed my ride home and had to fly back two days later, fortunately all organised by my 'extreme sports' travel insurer (Snowcard, who were faultless throughout, highly recommend them).

Coming up on a week later I'm much improved, not really in much pain, and can look after myself OK, but my arm's going to take at least two months to heal up properly I think, more likely 3. I'm lucky I think as there appears to be no nerve or vascular damage, and I've made it to the age of 39 without ever having broken a bone before, so a good run I reckon. I should really just decide that I'm too bloody old to be going around jumping bikes, but when you get it right it's such a massive buzz that I know I'll be giving it another go sooner or later 9_9.

As for being too old to be trying to shuffle dance in a nightclub, maybe, but the last time I was in a club a year ago a woman who looked early 20s was cracking onto me without me doing much dancing at all. Perhaps she would have given me a wider berth if I'd I'd been in the middle of the dancfloor trying to recreate the moves from the videos above :) . The bigger problem is that music in most clubs is shit now. If a place is playing the sort of decent 90s dance music you can shuffle to it's probably full of old farts anyway!

22 minutes ago, Rave said:

Haha thanks for biting then! :)

Last day of my mountain biking holiday in the Alps. I'd fallen off on the second day on a set of 'gap jumps' (basically jumping from one ramp and landing on another, with a gap in the middle) and smashed myself up badly enough to lose a day's cycling. I was determined to do them again with someone filming to prove that I could clear them.

And I did, no bother. So I carried on down the trail buzzing, cleared a couple of 'tabletops' (same idea, but the bit between the ramp is flat so there's little or no penalty for coming up short), then took a faster line that I'd seen the local lads using hopping off the side of a ramp straight into a berm rather than waiting at the top. I hit the last very steep and tall tabletop going probably 5mph faster than I had before, and jumped right over the top of the table, and the landing ramp. I knew when I was in the air that I'd fucked up and that my best hope was probably going to be to crash on landing rather than trying to ride it out, but I heard a loud crack as I was going down. For a second I thought my handlebars had broken, but then I looked at my arm lying beneath me on the ground, realized that the angle it was at didn't match the angle I could feel my shoulder was at, and knew I was in trouble.

As I walked the rest of the way down to the resort holding my arm with a friend pushing my bike I was still kind of hoping it was just a dislocated shoulder, but the local medical centre took one look at the x-rays and called the local hospital. Spiral fracture of the humerus which they pinned that evening under a general. Missed my ride home and had to fly back two days later, fortunately all organised by my 'extreme sports' travel insurer (Snowcard, who were faultless throughout, highly recommend them).

Coming up on a week later I'm much improved, not really in much pain, and can look after myself OK, but my arm's going to take at least two months to heal up properly I think, more likely 3. I'm lucky I think as there appears to be no nerve or vascular damage, and I've made it to the age of 39 without ever having broken a bone before, so a good run I reckon. I should really just decide that I'm too bloody old to be going around jumping bikes, but when you get it right it's such a massive buzz that I know I'll be giving it another go sooner or later 9_9.

As for being too old to be trying to shuffle dance in a nightclub, maybe, but the last time I was in a club a year ago a woman who looked early 20s was cracking onto me without me doing much dancing at all. Perhaps she would have given me a wider berth if I'd I'd been in the middle of the dancfloor trying to recreate the moves from the videos above :) . The bigger problem is that music in most clubs is shit now. If a place is playing the sort of decent 90s dance music you can shuffle to it's probably full of old farts anyway!

Ow! Not too bad though if there's no long term damage, and good your insurer was decent too. Hopefully it wasn't your fapping arm....

Here are a couple of choons wot you might like to listen to while you recover, both ones I've been listening to recently :

Paranoid London - Eating Glue (2014)

Oil UK - The Future (2000)

@DTMark might like them too, I should really have posted them on his dance tracks thread....

Anyway, hope you're better soon and it's another 39 years before you break another bone!

I saw the notification come up that I'd been mentioned and the thread title and thought.. "Oh God.."

I have the 12" singles of most of these tracks. Even the La Bouche one ;) Though not Carl's ones. Will check them out. The dance tracks thread was on ToS and ran for about a decade IIRC!

I haven't been clubbing in years. I was always more of a club than pub person. But I did have some very fine nights in London back in the day. It pains me to think how much time has passed.

I would go again. But I think I'd need to get back "in shape" first..

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

I saw the notification come up that I'd been mentioned and the thread title and thought.. "Oh God.."

I have the 12" singles of most of these tracks. Even the La Bouche one ;) Though not Carl's ones. Will check them out. The dance tracks thread was on ToS and ran for about a decade IIRC!

I haven't been clubbing in years. I was always more of a club than pub person. But I did have some very fine nights in London back in the day. It pains me to think how much time has passed.

I would go again. But I think I'd need to get back "in shape" first..

Just one of the many great threads over there, I went to go look for it and saw it was last posted on just a few days ago, so still being added to now.

Yes, it's been about 15 years since I last went to a proper club properly, we're all getting on a bit now!

Talking of age, I'd like to say now how impressed I am with the postings over there, and on here of @Byron. If I am posting like that when I'm an octogenarian I'll be well impressed with myself, his use of images too- Owen Jones on a trike with a Trump baby balloon!! Thankfully we have him, Bruce and @ccc posting in support of sanity on the Ashamed to be British thread over there. 

I've gone right off topic there, sorry, possibly cos I was woken up really fucking early this morning... 

I heard of a dance teacher advertises with "They say dance like no-one is watching, but they always are, so take some of my classes first" 

Rize:

Guy gets out of prison, doesn't want to go back and creates a  job for himself as a hip hop clown. Dancing ensues:

On 19/07/2018 at 22:48, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Dad dancing will never age. There are some great clips of it online. I believe the main dude behind it all is called Mr. Bean. 

As well as 'Bez' out of the Happy Mondays.