• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Game_of_Homes

Climate change...

Recommended Posts

Just read this rather ominous article from Vice (from 2013). Apparently there are quite a few scientists who believe the human race is on the verge of extinction (not by the end of the century but within the next few decades!). With the latest hot spell in the UK, it has really made me wonder how quickly we are going to see the effects of rapid climate change, in terms of years rather than decades. We have already lost something like 70% of all insects in the last 20 years and no doubt things will get a lot worse. 

This is the article;

https://anon.to/?https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/wd4egq/near-term-extinctionists-believe-the-world-is-going-to-end-very-soon

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well until the 99% of scientists start considering the effect that the sun has on climate change I'll take their funded findings on the impact of man has on the climate with a pinch of salt. 

To be honest I'm all for more sun, first time I've had a bit of colour on me in a few years without having to go abroad xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may well be a problem but so-called climate scientists have a vested interest in talking up the threat in the manner of Al Gore as it makes them rich; so I am inclined to automatically disbelieve their wilder predictions of doom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. 

I just wish they'd make their minds up. In the 60s and 70s they thought we were all going to freeze to death in Global Cooling. 

Seems to be a lot more insects round my way this summer as well. Probably because they're not being drowned by constant deluges of rain every other day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

This is the road to hell.

2018-07-19_08_34_56.jpg

You didn't tell us you moved to Hawaii, kept that quiet.

Like the white dog turds, I remember as a kid large cracks in the ground and wondered where they had gone, well they're back!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, onlyme said:

You didn't tell us you moved to Hawaii, kept that quiet.

Like the white dog turds, I remember as a kid large cracks in the ground and wondered where they had gone, well they're back!

 

You'll be asking for Spangles next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Perhaps I am a nihilist, but I would welcome the quick death of, or at worst, almost total-destruction of the human race, to preserve our animal friends and the earth itself.

There's nothing stopping you ending yourself if that's how you feel. I could probably take a few hundred with me if I was so determined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, eight said:

There's nothing stopping you ending yourself if that's how you feel. I could probably take a few hundred with me if I was so determined.

Let me guess. Airline pilot? Boffin at Porton Down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, eight said:

There's nothing stopping you ending yourself if that's how you feel. I could probably take a few hundred with me if I was so determined.

That would make zero difference because of current population growth and I don't think Spunko was volunteering.

There needs to be a huge reduction in population or the planet will soon cease to have anything remotely resembling wildlife left.

As I've noted in other threads I think that the rapidly approaching fall off in oil will make energy and food scarcer and therefore pricier and that will cause population decline through repeated famines until the world population reduces to a level that can be supported in a world without cheap energy.

Nobody needs to do anything other than wait.

And buy baked beans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That would make zero difference because of current population growth and I don't think Spunko was volunteering.

There needs to be a huge reduction in population or the planet will soon cease to have anything remotely resembling wildlife left.

As I've noted in other threads I think that the rapidly approaching fall off in oil will make energy and food scarcer and therefore pricier and that will cause population decline through repeated famines until the world population reduces to a level that can be supported in a world without cheap energy.

Nobody needs to do anything other than wait.

And buy baked beans.

Every time I see one of those posts by my SJW friends going 'OMG ELEPHANTS DYING POACHING HUNTING NO!" I comment by saying I'm giving a tenner to the charity population control Africa as that will do the most good.

 

tends to get them a bit angry for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Every time I see one of those posts by my SJW friends going 'OMG ELEPHANTS DYING POACHING HUNTING NO!" I comment by saying I'm giving a tenner to the charity population control Africa as that will do the most good.

 

tends to get them a bit angry for some reason.

Which is absolutely the only thing that will save Africa's megafauna; loss of habitat will get them with more inevitability than any poacher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Every time I see one of those posts by my SJW friends going 'OMG ELEPHANTS DYING POACHING HUNTING NO!" I comment by saying I'm giving a tenner to the charity population control Africa as that will do the most good.

 

tends to get them a bit angry for some reason.

You are too kind. 

I ask the question what would they do if their kids were suffering from chronic protein malnutrition and in a nearby field there is 5000kg of prime red meat waiting to be had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

You are too kind. 

I ask the question what would they do if their kids were suffering from chronic protein malnutrition and in a nearby field there is 5000kg of prime red meat waiting to be had. 

Of course, anyone would. This doesn't mean that population control isn't a good idea - everywhere, not just Africa. But it can't be discussed because people do the La la la I'm not listening you're a Nazi thing. 

I've done my bit, only one kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Of course, anyone would. This doesn't mean that population control isn't a good idea - everywhere, not just Africa. But it can't be discussed because people do the La la la I'm not listening you're a Nazi thing. 

I've done my bit, ate one kid.

FYFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Of course, anyone would. This doesn't mean that population control isn't a good idea - everywhere, not just Africa. But it can't be discussed because people do the La la la I'm not listening you're a Nazi thing. 

I've done my bit, only one kid.

False modesty aside you are intelligent and hradworking (ergo on DOSBODS) and the world needs more people like that; not useless low IQ eaters on benefits popping out kid after kid just as useless as themselves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.