• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Excluding terror attacks ....

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That is going to head fuck the police. On one hand let's pretend that there are no terror attacks. On the other hand if all crime is terror then there is no crime. 

Indeed - on the one hand they don't like crime increasing and on the other hand they don't like admitting any terror attacks.  Some of the stuff allocated to crime is clearly terror attacks.  In any event that chart on the rapidly increasing non-terror murder statistics must be terrifying to a lot of people  - and the murder chart is just starting the transition into exponential. 

Edited by twocents

Notice how because its a negative article about the police, the stock image they use of 6 police officers has 5 white and 1 possibly Asian.

I'm sure if it was a more positive article they would have found a more inclusive photo to use.

4 minutes ago, null; said:

Notice how because its a negative article about the police, the stock image they use of 6 police officers has 5 white and 1 possibly Asian.

I'm sure if it was a more positive article they would have found a more inclusive photo to use.

Yeah.

We need more pictures of how diverse and inclusive UK police are. This one will do:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/sheffield-police-officer-under-investigation-for-rotherham-scandal-died-after-being-hit-by-student-s-car-1-8395826

16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I could only find two items on the So-Called BBC about this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-31205274

The above talks a lot about the 'allegations' and 'complaints', to be fair its dated before the full story was known. Howver, where is the follow up on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-31194605

"UKIP sorry for PC Ali Hassan death 'karma' tweet"

It's worth taking a moment to read all three articles and compare the way in which they are written. Well done to the Yorkshire post for what I think was a factual, informative and well writen article, far better than what the So-Called BBC can manage.

3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

BBC positive spin says crimes involving computer viruses are down. 

It may be but on the negative side, hurty word hate crime via twatter and face ache is up massively.  Thus resources have been pointed in that direction, away from the lesser crimes of rape and murder. 

Sheesh only 9% of crimes end in someone being charged. It seems reasonable to think that someone charged with crime has actually committed ten times as many crimes than he's been charged with....

imho, court sentences should reflect that....

1 minute ago, One percent said:

It may be but on the negative side, hurty word hate crime via twatter and face ache is up massively.  Thus resources have been pointed in that direction, away from the lesser crimes of rape and murder. 

Does no one use the old rhyme "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me" any more?

We used it a lot back in my primary school days, along with the insults to provoke it of course xD

Possibly the number of new laws has made things that were ignored before into crimes, such as "hate" crimes, new definitions of sex crimes, etc has increased the actual numbers of reported crimes.

Most 'serious' crimes are investigated to a conclusion.

59 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

Does no one use the old rhyme "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me" any more?

We used it a lot back in my primary school days, along with the insults to provoke it of course xD

I think they've split it in two

"Sticks and stones will break my bones, - for British people because there's free rein.

"names will never hurt me" 

for the rest as they're under offense laws.

2 hours ago, twocents said:

I think they've split it in two

"Sticks and stones will break my bones, - for British people because there's free rein.

"names will never hurt me" 

for the rest as they're under offense laws.

So very true, it's rather symbolic of the changes in our society :PissedOff:

But it mad me laugh xD :Beer:

A bit meaningless without murder/head
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/murder-and-manslaughter-rates-revealed-by-police-for-every-area-of-yorkshire-1-9260133

But heres a correlation between number of Mipuris (West Yorkshire - and we are not seeing more than the tip of iceberg here),  Ull (EEers), and London (black teenagers).

Im not sure why Hampshire figures standout - Soton and Pmouth EEers/ipuris?