• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Melchett

The end of Dr Who?

15 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

did anyone else ever watch lexx ?

I saw one episode once.

Really, really weird.

3 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I saw one episode once.

Really, really weird.

your not kidding,it was on late at night if i remember i was always pissed it got strangly adictive

3 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

your not kidding,it was on late at night if i remember i was always pissed it got strangly adictive

I think it might have come up once or twice on the "cheap" channels fairly recently (something like UK SciFi, UK Horror etc) assuming it isn't on YouTube - should you have a burning desire to see it again.

20 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

did anyone else ever watch lexx ?

I used to see Lexx late night on tv about fifteen years ago. The woman was hot as hell.

12 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I think it might have come up once or twice on the "cheap" channels fairly recently (something like UK SciFi, UK Horror etc) assuming it isn't on YouTube - should you have a burning desire to see it again.

aparently i can watch it via amazon prime,which i dont have.however some friends do,so will get someones acount numbers and see if its aged well.on amazon itself you can get seriese 1,2 and 4 very cheap used.the boxed set is 29 quid brand new

i cant realy describe it i was pissed for every episode,and im pissed now,but at the time i enjoyed it.it had novel concepts thats all i remember realy.basicly a coward gets control of the most powerful spaceship in the universe which is alive and eats planets,on board are sex bots and a dead assasin and other missfits who fled,the ability to control it passes from person to person so those that lead the upriseing to steal it got killed and a coward ended up running it has he hid or something similar.

How hard can it be to come up with novel sci fi? You can do pretty much whatever you like. 

I'm a big fan of Futurama... Fucking nailed that one. Inventive, funny, moving, philosophical... Genius. I defy any sci fi fan not to fall in love with it.

5 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

How hard can it be to come up with novel sci fi? You can do pretty much whatever you like. 

Writing Sci Fi is one of those things where the only limit is your imagination. It's not often appreciated how crippling a limitation that is.

Finally stopped watching Dr Who (I had never watched much of the rebooted series anyway) when Capaldi's Dr spent an entire episode fannying around with some female time lord that was supposed to be his wife. One of the good things about Dr Who was that there was never any stupid romantic stuff as the Dr was some sort of asexual character (he must have been so at least with humans, as there were never any signs that he found any of his companions of either sex attractive).

Up until that point I'd already got annoyed with leftist agenda nonsense being shoehorned in, one of the worst bits was a thinly veiled reference to cunnilingus between two alien women. The whole thing stunk of sniggering lefty gay writers oh so cleverly trying to force their views on middle England.