• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Green Devil

Market Top?

No idea. Looks like the drop is just being bought up again. The PPT has not alloed any drop in the market for a long time now. This small drop of a few hundred DOW points was the first drop in about 8 months IIRC.

We now have the added complexity of Trump and have no idea what is going to be alleged or come out hour by hour.

The Fed meeting in June probably - probably - will be an excuse to run the markets up to highs again or even higher.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Does anybody here have much exposure to the US Stock Market?

I've always preferred the FTSE for its high dividend yield and that it tends to avoid the enormous speculative swings of the Dow.

I did. But all cash now. The growth stocks are in the US bit you have to be a stock picker.

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've always preferred the FTSE for its high dividend yield and that it tends to avoid the enormous speculative swings of the Dow.

The only US stock I hold is Google. It's about 5% of my investment fund.

It's my punt on massive technological advances that I don't understand. xD

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Not individual shares but i will buy long and short funds on indexes  if i think a low or high is in. I will also stay flat, prolly should buy shares but the us market can kill you on earnings reports.

I took a x3 short fund, still got it, ill hold it as i got a good entry, usually when you hit a strong support like on the charts, there is a bounce. There are lots of weak hands in the us market ie traders, so the volatiity is high. I had a x2 long fund until recently. Prolly should trade it more as the commissions are cheap 1$ per 100 shares, but i dont like trading ie making too many decisions, usually hold for a big winner or take a scratch, entries are usually ok.

Bounce to the first ema, not unexpected. Should test that line again next week. There is a nice chart formation there on the last high called an island top, where there are gaps up and down. This indicates exhaustion.

iwm.png

Edited by Green Devil

10 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

10% of my portfolio is VUSA. I just went 10% on everything as I didn't know what would do best, and I don't trust market cap as a means of asset allocation. Yeah maybe the world's best investing minds know better than me, but they all knew best before the dot com crash too.