DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Mortgage misery: The homeowners facing repossession

Lightscribe

sleepwello'nights
23 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I'm all for taking responbility for yourself. One of the reasons why I don't have a mortgage or any debt. With that said, in your opinion how should one "adapt" in the current situation with house prices at 8-10 x salaries and interest rates at rock bottom?

So now we're back in TOS territory. Fine, how about looking at the posts and the ebook published by WICAO (Wish I could afford one). He didn't sit about whinging he took it on himself to increase his earnings, saved and invested. 

Oh I forgot, he was just lucky because he was born when he was!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Of course it wasn't insinuated in the line I quoted. Then you go and say exactly what your line of thinking was. 

Arseholes like you always blame someone or something else, never down to you or your own inadequacies. The big chip on your shoulder was put there by yourself.

What's the saying? "God helps those who help themselves" 

That God has got a lot to answer for when he helped the banks to help themselves to my hard-earned taxes!....must be his/her/its way of punishing atheists like me.

8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Of course it wasn't insinuated in the line I quoted. Then you go and say exactly what your line of thinking was. 

Arseholes like you always blame someone or something else, never down to you or your own inadequacies. The big chip on your shoulder was put there by yourself.

What's the saying? "God helps those who help themselves" 

Look you thick twat i work in the oil industry and my day rate will by many more times what a thick twat like you could earn per day using his own knowledge.

So how the fuck that isn't helping myself is beyond belief ... what do you think those who havent bought on here are the kind that are struggling to earn £12 an hour?

What the fuck is some thick twat buy to let landlord doing on a site related to house prices crashing for anyway, is it just to troll and get people to pay attention to you.

Fuck off back to 118 you utter cock as they will tell you how well you adapted people on here will just point out that you're a thick twat who got lucky.

One percent
2 minutes ago, Banned said:

Look you thick twat i work in the oil industry and my day rate will by many more times what a thick twat like you could earn using his own knowledge.

So ho the fuck that isnt helping myself is beyond belief.

What the fuck is some thick twat buy to let landlord doing on a site related to house prices crashing for anyway, is it just to troll and get people to pay attention to you.

Fuck off back to 118 you utter cock as they will tell you how well you adapted people on here will just point out that you're a thick twat who got lucky.

That’s just rude. We don’t do that here. 

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

So now we're back in TOS territory. Fine, how about looking at the posts and the ebook published by WICAO (Wish I could afford one). He didn't sit about whinging he took it on himself to increase his earnings, saved and invested. 

Oh I forgot, he was just lucky because he was born when he was!

What would give you the impression I'm whinging? That I haven't "adapted" and have a action plan in place. Or that I haven't read WIACO's book (which I have btw).

I'm intestered to hear what you would do to adapt in the current/foreseeable climate.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Its accurate for a condescending buytoletter, but he is blocked i don't need his advice.

sleepwello'nights
5 minutes ago, Banned said:

Its accurate for a condescending buytoletter, but he is blocked i don't need his advice.

Funny how some people after entering into ad hominem attacks end up refusing to listen and then block.

Earning hundreds of pounds a day and still cant manage!

One percent
6 minutes ago, Banned said:

Probably the best thing to do is to put on ignore. FWIW, I like sleepy. But with all individuals some you get on with and some you don’t. I’m rambling now....  

sleepwello'nights
7 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

What would give you the impression I'm whinging? That I haven't "adapted" and have a action plan in place. Or that I haven't read WIACO's book (which I have btw).

I'm intestered to hear what you would do to adapt in the current/foreseeable climate.

Its up to you to engineer your own opportunities. 

I've no idea of your strengths and weaknesses or your situation, its up to you.

sleepwello'nights
37 minutes ago, One percent said:

Thanks. 

Just so's you know I wasn't trolling. I know I lucked in as things turned out and I make no claims to have financial acumen. I worked, saved, paid taxes (as little as possible), and behave responsibly (most of the time).

I firmly believe that whatever happens in your life is a result of the decisions you take. Some work out others don't. Sometimes you are fortunate, sometimes you are a victim of fate. Most of us on here were all fortunate to be born when we were and to live in the developed West. Our problems pale into insignificance if we look at other places in the world.

If someone disagrees with me so be it, its not my fault they're wrong :P.  

One percent
10 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Thanks. 

Just so's you know I wasn't trolling. I know I lucked in as things turned out and I make no claims to have financial acumen. I worked, saved, paid taxes (as little as possible), and behave responsibly (most of the time).

I firmly believe that whatever happens in your life is a result of the decisions you take. Some work out others don't. Sometimes you are fortunate, sometimes you are a victim of fate. Most of us on here were all fortunate to be born when we were and to live in the developed West. Our problems pale into insignificance if we look at other places in the world.

If someone disagrees with me so be it, its not my fault they're wrong :P.  

TBH, I didn't read the discussion but saw that it was getting a bit confrontational and rude.  We are best to leave that approach to those on ToS.  We do things differently here.  xD

1 hour ago, One percent said:

im surprised inflateing debt away via wage inflation hasnt been meantioned yet

sleepwello'nights
11 minutes ago, One percent said:

TBH, I didn't read the discussion but saw that it was getting a bit confrontational and rude.  We are best to leave that approach to those on ToS.  We do things differently here.  xD

This YouTube clip from the Trumps Progress thread seems appropriate to my exchange with @Banned.

I accept your rebuke to my reaction, sorry.

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

Pity it doesnt block quotes, but if you look back this delicate victim was the one who informed me to "Oh, fuck off". All is fair game from then on.

A landlord frequenting sites about insane prices of property telling others to work harder and the thick twat doesnt think he's a troll. Not the brightest star in the sky is he.

One percent
20 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

im surprised inflateing debt away via wage inflation hasnt been meantioned yet

What wage inflation?

19 minutes ago, Banned said:

Pity it doesnt block quotes, but if you look back this delicate victim was the one who informed me to "Oh, fuck off". All is fair game from then on.

A landlord frequenting sites about insane prices of property telling others to work harder and the thick twat doesnt think he's a troll. Not the brightest star in the sky is he.

I say that to Xyy on a regular basis xD

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

What wage inflation?

I say that to Xyy on a regular basis xD

you cant meantion the 70s without meantioning wage inflation surley lol.the only people geting wage rises are the low paid they are due to get 9 quid by the end of next year thats well over 10%

One percent
1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

you cant meantion the 70s without meantioning wage inflation surley lol.

This is true. It’s only since the crash that we have not seen wages go up 

sleepwello'nights
21 minutes ago, Banned said:

I no longer post on TOS. As far as I know although a fair few posters are of the opinion that current property prices are insane this isn't the main topic of this site. 

Its far, far better than that.

leonardratso

you know you mention WICAO here and his book, now i still havent finished it, but its short so i will eventually, but i did mention to him on TOS that he struck lucky doing what he did when he did and he may not have been able to do the same thing say starting out now. It was quite a while ago and i cant actually remember if he agreed or not, I think he did concede that he had some luck in the timing and the subsequent 10 year bull market post 2007/2008.

I doubt you can blame people for doing what they did when they did, especially if it was the done thing at the time, see someone else doing it and it working why would'nt you emulate it?

9 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

I doubt you can blame people for doing what they did when they did, especially if it was the done thing at the time, see someone else doing it and it working why would'nt you emulate it?

Bit of a difference investing ones money in productive job creating companies to leveraging up to the hilt and rent farming.

Point is this thick twat comes on here telling people to pull their finger out and get a better job, when he has just been extremely lucky and handed the money of working people by the LIBLABCON and BoE. 

The thick twat has been extremely fortunate and instead of acknowledging this as the sole reason he's not bankrupt, he seems to want to tell those that have paid for his parasitic existence to work harder.

He's a tosser who in the real world would get knocked the fuck out for being so up himself.

leonardratso
1 minute ago, Banned said:

Bit of a difference investing ones money in productive job creating companies to leveraging up to the hilt and rent farming.

Point is this thick twat comes on here telling people to pull their finger out and get a better job, when he has just been extremely lucky and handed the money of working people by the LIBLABCON and BoE. 

The thick twat has been extremely fortunate and instead of acknowledging this as the sole reason he's not bankrupt, he seems to want to tell those that have paid for his parasitic existence to work harder.

He's a tosser who in the real world would get knocked the fuck out for being so up himself.

aye its all pretty contemporary, i was earwiggingto some old duffers on the bus in front of me a while back, they were going on about house prices and how it used to be hard but doable for them in the past, whereas now it was impossible and how glad they were they didnt have to start now. Mind you, i have a massive avacado addiction so im knackered either way, past present or future, i dont know where my next one is coming from, ive even forgone the toast ffs.

sleepwello'nights
13 minutes ago, Banned said:

Ha ha ha :P.

Is that the best you can do, bring up tired old cliched arguments that you read on another forum.

56 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

aye its all pretty contemporary, i was earwiggingto some old duffers on the bus in front of me a while back, they were going on about house prices and how it used to be hard but doable for them in the past, whereas now it was impossible and how glad they were they didnt have to start now. Mind you, i have a massive avacado addiction so im knackered either way, past present or future, i dont know where my next one is coming from, ive even forgone the toast ffs.

Tough habit to kick, if you do manage you know you can easily buy a 5 bed detached house backing onto a golf course, with sea views, a Victoria's Secret model who sunbathes naked all year round living next door and near all the best schools.

57 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Whenever I read such stuff I cannot help but think about slavery. It was legal, socially acceptable and quite frankly, if you weren't doing it you were missing out. Why wouldn't you join the rest of those brilliant enterpreneurs who were doing nothing wrong and simply played the hand they were given?

There's legal, there's financialy advisable, and then there's moral. If you can combine all three then even more power to you, but if you have to pick, and often you have to pick, which one you go with speaks volumes about what kins of person you are.

goldbug9999
9 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Oh Fuck off, here's what you said: "I've sympathy for workers who've been priced out and live in 6 to 12 month ASTs, not these fuckers who created the situation.

I adapted because I borrowed money to buy some houses and rented them to other people. That's adapting to the situation. I took a risk and fortunately it paid off. 

The problem is with the system that make it rational for you to take that action (and to continue to scalp other people income). Punitive legislative and taxation is need to give priority to getting as many people as possible to have the opportunity to own one house.

Archived