• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

When prophets fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-44911913

An aspiring prophet has been arrested in Ethiopia after he failed to bring a dead man back to life.

Getayawkal Ayele had tried to revive the corpse of Belay Biftu by lying on top of him and repeatedly yelling "Belay, wake up".

It was not successful, and his failure enraged family members who began attacking Mr Getayawkal.

He was saved when police arrived shortly afterwards - although it did not mean he was out of trouble.

Abusing dead bodies is a crime under Ethiopian law and a local police commander has told the So-Called BBC that the man, whose real job is as a health worker, is now in custody.

The incident was filmed and has since gone viral on social media.

Residents in the small western town of Galilee, in the Oromia region, said Mr Getayawkal first went to the bereaved family and told them the story of Lazarus - who according to the New Testament was brought back to life by Jesus. 

They then appear to have agreed to dig up Mr Belay.

After the failed resurrection, several members of the family fainted on the spot while others became angry and started beating Mr Getayawkal - at which point police arrived and arrested him.

o.O

if if anyone finds the footage which apparently has gone viral, post here please. 👍

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

An aspiring prophet has been arrested in Ethiopia after he failed to bring a dead man back to life.

Getayawkal Ayele had tried to revive the corpse of Belay Biftu by lying on top of him and repeatedly yelling "Belay, wake up".

It was not successful, and his failure enraged family members who began attacking Mr Getayawkal.

He was saved when police arrived shortly afterwards - although it did not mean he was out of trouble.

Abusing dead bodies is a crime under Ethiopian law and a local police commander has told the So-Called BBC that the man, whose real job is as a health worker, is now in custody.

Residents in the small western town of Galilee, in the Oromia region, said Mr Getayawkal first went to the bereaved family and told them the story of Lazarus - who according to the New Testament was brought back to life by Jesus. 

After the failed resurrection, several members of the family fainted on the spot while others became angry and started beating Mr Getayawkal - at which point police arrived and arrested him.

o.O

if if anyone finds the footage which apparently has gone viral, post here please. 👍

Here it is, the action proper starts at 45 seconds in.

http://hiwot.video/content/26194

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Christ, what did he really think was going to happen?  That the bloke woke up?  

Very impressive given that, according to the article, the bloke isn't even meant to be dead until 2028.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Here it is, the action proper starts at 45 seconds in.

http://hiwot.video/content/26194

wheres th beating?

hehehe, only joking.

I have to say, even if my iq was like 50, i pretty sure id be dubious about someone claiming they could wake the dead.

Or maybe i wouldnt,  i just dont know.

Possibly highly superstitious people as well i suppose.

The conservatives should import them for voting rights.

Edited by leonardratso

Posted (edited)

I thought this thread was going to be about either Qanon or Tommy Robinson.

Edited by DocH

26 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

That corpse must have stunk to high heaven too, imagine getting that close to it!

He fucking lay on top of it the mad bastard it must have reeked proper dumb retarded people

1 hour ago, One percent said:

o.O

Anyone know of a prophet who was right ? 

1 minute ago, montecristo said:

The Lost Prophets started out ok but went downhill very very quickly.

I once saw a stag wearing a lost prophet t shirt just after the court case

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Waddya mean?  He is not to be questioned 

So you mean I prophet can come up with any old bollox then declare they were right in their prophecy and don’t be asking any questions? 

Wow 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, Malthus said:

So you mean I prophet can come up with any old bollox then declare they were right in their prophecy and don’t be asking any questions? 

Wow 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Exactly. It’s called religion. Or voodoo, or witchcraft, or Wicca  

It’s  all the same, a suspension of empirical facts and a belief in sky fairies. 

12 hours ago, montecristo said:

The Lost Prophets started out ok but went downhill very very quickly.

Think of all the lost profits from having your lead singer banged up for kiddy fiddling. 

You can see how voodoo can take hold with its use of incapacitating poisons that render a person apparently dead; allowing the voodoo cultist to inspire awe by awaking a "dead" person.

That chap had the right idea - crowd, showmanship, dressed smartly - but missed the essential element that you can't perform the trick if the person starving is actually dead.

42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

You can see how voodoo can take hold with its use of incapacitating poisons that render a person apparently dead; allowing the voodoo cultist to inspire awe by awaking a "dead" person.

That chap had the right idea - crowd, showmanship, dressed smartly - but missed the essential element that you can't perform the trick if the person starving is actually dead.

I've seen tricks go wrong before, perhaps the prophet had missed the earlier bus

How many retards must have been involved with digging the body up? 

It must have been the pastor and a good few family members.... 

What a benefit these people must be to developed first world economies...