DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property Guardians

Donald McFlurry

Donald McFlurry

Haven't ever heard of this before, apparently young people are looking after a disused school in Birmingham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/balancing_act

This is pretty bizarre. More so the way the so-called have painted it as a lifestyle choice through a magazine fluff piece article is pretty incredible.

Edit:

It seems I've completely missed this property guardianship scheme. Here's an example agency advert:

http://properties.adhocproperty.co.uk/living-space/in-and-around-bristol/staplehill-high-street-excellent-location-2-living-spaces-available~1542/

£345 pcm to live in a school with shared facilities.

STrange that.

All these people making a big fuss about OAP social care.

Lets treat them like young people - shove the fuckers into an industrial building and let them look afyer themselves.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

OK, Ive looked at the article.

Ill pay 1000/m to live with a load of flexible 24 yo women who've no chance of getting a job.

Yes please!

ezgif.com-optimize_11.gif

I looked into doing this when I was stuck for somewhere to live. Thought it could really have something going for it especially if you're in an interesting building rather than a school or something else boring. 

Mainly though you're on one week's notice which is no good unless you're a genuine nomad hippy. 

Frank Hovis

The only person I've "known" do this was a stand up comic working the regionial circuit who I saw in Penzance and part of his act was talking about the disused factory in which he was living.

I think it's a reasonab;e option if you have the sort of gig type work that a circus performer or stand up comic has.

Inoperational Bumblebee
11 hours ago, spygirl said:

OK, Ive looked at the article.

Ill pay 1000/m to live with a load of flexible 24 yo women who've no chance of getting a job.

Totally misinterpreted your meaning of flexible there. I'm not even lying.

Also, not specifically criticising your tags @Donald McFlurry, but I totally detest verbing nouns. Yes, there is a joke in there as well as my sentiment.

UnconventionalWisdom
On 22/07/2018 at 08:23, spygirl said:

STrange that.

All these people making a big fuss about OAP social care.

Lets treat them like young people - shove the fuckers into an industrial building and let them look afyer themselves.

They are getting young people used to the feeling as that's what will happen to old people in 20-30 years time 

Donald McFlurry
3 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Can you evidence that for myself?

Looks like youse need to be schooled innit.

Inoperational Bumblebee
9 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Can you evidence that for myself?

If I heard that in person I would visibly flinch.

Archived