• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Attempted murder of a mannequin

14 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I've read up on Toc-H lamps but I still don't havea bloody clue what they're about. Looks like Aladdin's lamp with an odd name.

I think you needed to be there from the start to understand the significance.  I was and still don't fully understand.  Hopefully XYY will  be along later to explain.

Afaicr, it started by saying that certain people were 'as bright as a toc h lamp'.  It developed from there and is now injected at every possible opportunity.  Someone on the other site did some research into it and again, from recollection it was some kind of organisation for troops in WWII.

Anyhow, XYY is our acknowledged expert on this. 

46 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think you needed to be there from the start to understand the significance.  I was and still don't fully understand.  Hopefully XYY will  be along later to explain.

Afaicr, it started by saying that certain people were 'as bright as a toc h lamp'.  It developed from there and is now injected at every possible opportunity.  Someone on the other site did some research into it and again, from recollection it was some kind of organisation for troops in WWII.

Anyhow, XYY is our acknowledged expert on this. 

I thought it was to do with some cunnilingus technique that XYY deploys when he can be bothered....

The full story can be found on line.

Toc H was First World War signallers phonetic for TH

TH stood for Talbot House, named after a man called Talbot who was killed. A house in Poperinghe close to the front line at Ypres was opened as an 'Everyman Club'

After the war the Toc H movement continued. Branches were opened and each given a Toc H lamp which looked a bit like Aladdins lamp.

It was more of a spiritual light rather than illumination.

Just how the phrase .Brighter than a Toc H lamp came about is unknown.

The original lamp at Poperinghe

DSCF3290.JPG

Edited by Byron

3 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Worst.Thread.Hijack.Ever.

That POS in the OP deserves whatever is coming to him.

Yes, but I wonder what charge they will be able to make stick? Best chance is a forensic link between the hammer and the actual murders.

3 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Yes, but I wonder what charge they will be able to make stick? Best chance is a forensic link between the hammer and the actual murders.

One would assume the chap is not a rocket scientist, so probably not a different hammer. Otherwise they could have just paid (say) Piers Morgan a large sum to sleep in the street there and put a camera on him.... 

10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

More like three-quarters blast these days mate - I am 52 after all...

;)

XYY

Yeah me too, more than one drug would be required for me to repeat some past debaucheries so as you say,  3/4 is about right. Looking forward to the wisdom bit but the rest of this ageing thing is shite!