• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

How thick to fall for this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44949504

In the episode, Baron Cohen invents the "Israeli anti-terrorism expert" Col Erran Morad, and convinces Mr Spencer to:

• Bare his buttocks and chase Baron Cohen shouting "USA!" Mr Spencer is told terrorists do not want to be touched by other men's buttocks because they are afraid of homosexuality
  • Shout the "n-word" loudly and repeatedly to attract attention and ward off a kidnapper. Baron Cohen then says: "Are you crazy? The 'n-word' is noonie! Not this word. This word is disgusting"
  • Impersonate a Chinese tourist while placing a selfie-stick under the garment of a burqa-clad person to take a picture to ensure the person is not a terrorist (Mr Spencer backed legislation in 2016 to ban Muslim women from wearing burqas in public)

18 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44949504

In the episode, Baron Cohen invents the "Israeli anti-terrorism expert" Col Erran Morad, and convinces Mr Spencer to:

• Bare his buttocks and chase Baron Cohen shouting "USA!" Mr Spencer is told terrorists do not want to be touched by other men's buttocks because they are afraid of homosexuality
  • Shout the "n-word" loudly and repeatedly to attract attention and ward off a kidnapper. Baron Cohen then says: "Are you crazy? The 'n-word' is noonie! Not this word. This word is disgusting"
  • Impersonate a Chinese tourist while placing a selfie-stick under the garment of a burqa-clad person to take a picture to ensure the person is not a terrorist (Mr Spencer backed legislation in 2016 to ban Muslim women from wearing burqas in public)

Dear god and it is these kind of people running the country.  Words fail

I wonder though looking at it from another side, how many people don't fool for it. I'm not aware but I don't think Sasha has really ever shown outtakes.

I guess that is SBC’s talent..  sucking people in to go along with him in a way they feel rude not to.. and besides.. it’s all just a bit of fun anyway.  Then everything gets taken out of context / too seriously and people realise what they have done.

To be fair.. I expect most of us would get drawn in as well.

Edited by Libspero

9 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I guess that is SBC’s talent..  sucking people in to go along with him in a way they feel rude not to.. and besides.. it’s all just a bit of fun anyway.  Then everything gets taken out of context / too seriously and people realise what they have done.

That's the point.  We all say 'oh, I wouldn't fall for that', but that's the point -- you wouldn't fall for that, but the guy (or whoever) would just use a different approach that would work.  Marketing is the same -- we're all experts at not falling for the stuff that other people fall for, but we all have our own little failures to make.

16 minutes ago, Libspero said:

At what point, in front of a video camera, would you draw the line once you have bared your bottom and shook it repeatedly at someone you presumably only just met in recent hours?

Would be at the chasing him around the room with your bottom? Or would you have told him to fuck off when he asked you to bare your are?

21 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I wonder though looking at it from another side, how many people don't fool for it. I'm not aware but I don't think Sasha has really ever shown outtakes.

I saw the first one about arming children. One politician said something like 'you want me to say on camera to arm children' and dismissed him.  They then cut to someone who did say it.

Look at how quickly Trump knew he was being conned, took less than 90 seconds, and he then respectfully ended the interview cause he had better things to do:

Edited by JoeDavola

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

At what point, in front of a video camera, would you draw the line once you have bared your bottom and shook it repeatedly at someone you presumably only just met in recent hours?

Would be at the chasing him around the room with your bottom? Or would you have told him to fuck off when he asked you to bare your are?

Me personally?  Anything for shits and giggles..  but then I'm not famous or in politics.

You would think a politician would be able to keep focused but SBC proves even pretty smart people can be let their guard down under the right circumstances.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Look at how quickly Trump knew he was being conned, took less than 90 seconds, and he then respectfully ended the interview cause he had better things to do:

Well done Trump! It was spoiled a bit by his insistence that people were trading rocks 100s of millions of year ago (maybe 1 million I guess) but he handled that politely and effectively.