DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Jacob Rees Mogg - And the housing shortage

Band

Seems he's just the same as the rest when he isn't talking about Brexit or ending Foreign Aid.

Read this load of drivel from him claiming there is a housing shortage, and the usual crap about needing to build more houses.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/23/must-build-houses-nation-tories-will-suffer-consequences/

For someone with the best education money can buy who runs a hedge fund (though he claims is nothing to do with him), it amazes me that he hasn't pointed out that QE and ZIRP along with Help to Buy are the reasons there is a house price crisis (crisis for those looking to buy with wages).

Seems he is just another landowning fukwit lacking the courage to speak the truth when it comes to the real reasons prices are insane. 

At least he has one thing right the Tory party will be toast for recreating this bubble!

goldbug9999

Building more houses wouldn't do any harm though, its certainly better than doing nothing at all, and would make the market more sensitive to any tightening in money supply.

leonardratso

shouldnt victorian dad be impregnating his wife and/or maid between brexit rants?

sancho panza

I've been telling my dear old Mum that aside from his sterling work on Brexit, she has very little in common with him politically(she's to the right of Genghis) but she won't have it.I  think the blue rinses would vote him in as leader if he stood.

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

Building more houses wouldn't do any harm though, its certainly better than doing nothing at all, and would make the market more sensitive to any tightening in money supply.

I agree, but thats more to do with the fact the UK housing stock is decrepit and falling apart, FFS in much of southern England an ex-council house in need of repair and renovation costs over £250k ... worked with a Dutch guy last year and he was telling me how he is buying an old house ... then said it was built in the 70s!

But they'd need to knock up a couple of million in a few years for it to make even the slightest of dents in price related to peoples wages.

Dear old Moggs will be as much of a free marketeer as the rest of them in the landrigging party imho of course.

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

shouldnt victorian dad be impregnating his wife and/or maid between brexit rants?

He doesnt look as if he has it in him does he, reckon the butler or gardener has a lot to answer for.

2 hours ago, Banned said:

Seems he's just the same as the rest when he isn't talking about Brexit or ending Foreign Aid.

Read this load of drivel from him claiming there is a housing shortage, and the usual crap about needing to build more houses.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/23/must-build-houses-nation-tories-will-suffer-consequences/

For someone with the best education money can buy who runs a hedge fund (though he claims is nothing to do with him), it amazes me that he hasn't pointed out that QE and ZIRP along with Help to Buy are the reasons there is a house price crisis (crisis for those looking to buy with wages).

Seems he is just another landowning fukwit lacking the courage to speak the truth when it comes to the real reasons prices are insane. 

At least he has one thing right the Tory party will be toast for recreating this bubble!

There are over 1,000 properties (mainly new flats) available to purchase in SW8 ... one postcode, lots of building, no shortage of properties to buy and there are loads of Help To Buy schemes. Short journey to central London .... did I mention the minimum price I set was £500,000 and the average wage in London is 35k .... OK lets call it 50k. Cheapest properdees (did not check but probably a studio flat) at 500,000 is ten times the average wage oh and before you ask there were 30 properies costing less than 500k in SW8 ... oh you say the average wage earner does not buy the average priced property .... but yes 300,000 is the actual cheapest ( a lower ground studio flat) so you probably need to earn 100k to buy even the cheapest studio flat.

11 hours ago, satch said:

There are over 1,000 properties (mainly new flats) available to purchase in SW8 ... one postcode, lots of building, no shortage of properties to buy and there are loads of Help To Buy schemes. Short journey to central London .... did I mention the minimum price I set was £500,000 and the average wage in London is 35k .... OK lets call it 50k. Cheapest properdees (did not check but probably a studio flat) at 500,000 is ten times the average wage oh and before you ask there were 30 properies costing less than 500k in SW8 ... oh you say the average wage earner does not buy the average priced property .... but yes 300,000 is the actual cheapest ( a lower ground studio flat) so you probably need to earn 100k to buy even the cheapest studio flat.

Wonder if peoples wages could afford them one of these flats if it would cut down the violence in London, certainly wouldnt make it worse.

On 25/07/2018 at 21:29, sancho panza said:

I've been telling my dear old Mum that aside from his sterling work on Brexit, she has very little in common with him politically(she's to the right of Genghis) but she won't have it.I  think the blue rinses would vote him in as leader if he stood.

My mum's like that with Boris. She refuses to believe he's another May e.g. can't decide where he sits on anything. Could be worse I suppose. 

Archived