• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Forest Gate, London, Police exchange gunfire with masked men

35 minutes ago, Kilham said:

Why is it always a black [insert midrange German car] ?.

It's great for picking up the children. :/

Anyway don't we have very strict gun and butter knife laws... how can this happen?

3 hours ago, Kilham said:

Why is it always a black [insert midrange German car] ?.

Because of Brexit. After Brexit it will all be ancient Talbots, which won’t work because  some spare parts will be stuck at Calais. 9_9

Just now, Wahoo said:

Those video clips look like a scene from some shit-hole third world downtown dump that needs avoiding at all cost.

What do you mean, looks like?  Gone from a solid working class area to enriched in just a few years. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

What do you mean, looks like?  Gone from a solid working class area to enriched in just a few years. 

Haha....silly me with my hideously white privilege.  

We're so lucky being able to go down to those wonderful takeaway shops. 

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

It's just like the Sweeney (I don't fancy your one George) of old times.:o

Sweeney's firepower consisted of wartime Enfield .38 revolvers in a 1937 webbing pattern holster worn under a suit with flared trousers, if I recall correctly. Don't think they'd cope with today's armed criminals very well. 

I'm guessing this is black-on-black crime rather than mad mullahs?

18 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Sweeney's firepower consisted of wartime Enfield .38 revolvers in a 1937 webbing pattern holster worn under a suit with flared trousers, if I recall correctly. Don't think they'd cope with today's armed criminals very well. 

I'm guessing this is black-on-black crime rather than mad mullahs?

Don't forget the kipper ties!

It is strange how slow changes aren't so noticeable -- when I was young any hint of automatic gunfire in a city would have warranted an absolutely massive police response.  These days, meh.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Wonder who they are alleged to have attempted to murder? 

Surely shooting back at police with automatic weapons would count as attempted murder?

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The reports of gunfire was why the fuzz turned up in the first place weren't they? 

Dunno but your original post upthread says that there was an exchange of gunfire between those arrested and plod. 

Shame that they didn’t just take them out, it’s going to cost the taxpayer a fortune